• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Obanai & Tengen vs Daki & Gyutaro (0-1-0)

The Hashira completely bully Daki so she's a non factor here

Uzui could basically handle Gyutaro himself, and Obanai is much stronger than Uzui, seeing how he's comparable to Mitsuri who's stronger than Swordsmith Village arc Base Tanjiro, who's comparable to his Marked form in the previous arc, who could behead Gyutaro

Gyutaro would get folded like an omelet if both Hashira focused on him, then they just kill Daki after and then it's gg

Uzui could basically handle Gyutaro himself
81fb2d2c7cce074b2b2d4afe6253aca4.jpg

Oh yea he's handling him alright (Joking)

To be serious, that is wrong. Tengen was not handling Gyutaro. Tengen literally gets cut right here. He was on the back foot for the entire fight up until he could develop and actually use his Musical Score, which to remind, that he needed to play dead to develop. The image above him is literally him playing dead.

Obanai is much stronger than Uzui, seeing how he's comparable to Mitsuri who's stronger than Swordsmith Village arc Base Tanjiro, who's comparable to his Marked form in the previous arc, who could behead Gyutaro
Sure, but they need to behead both Daki and Gyutaro at the same time, and Gyutaro just blocks/dodges. See my previous argument (To put it in a summary: Obanai and Tengen die to Poison)

81fb2d2c7cce074b2b2d4afe6253aca4.jpg

Oh yea he's handling him alright (Joking)

To be serious, that is wrong. Tengen was not handling Gyutaro. Tengen literally gets cut right here. He was on the back foot for the entire fight up until he could develop and actually use his Musical Score, which to remind, that he needed to play dead to develop. The image above him is literally him playing dead.
Tengen was handling him pretty well for a guy who's injured poisoned fatigued and busy protecting 3 other stooges from his opponent and his opponent's sister
I mean after completing the Musical Score he was able to do even better against Gyutaro despite being even more heavily poisoned and missing an entire hand
Sure, but they need to behead both Daki and Gyutaro at the same time, and Gyutaro just blocks/dodges. See my previous argument (To put it in a summary: Obanai and Tengen die to Poison)
Obanai = Mitsuri > Emotion Clones = Swordsmith Village Arc Base Tanjiro > Entertainment District Arc Demon Mark Tanjiro > Gyutaro = Injured Musical Score Uzui > Uzui >>>>>>> Daki

Obanai is MUCH stronger than Uzui and Gyutaro here. Being stronger than someone capable of beheading Gyutaro (who has to slash through the most durable part of a demon's body) means that Obanai can replicate that feat with far less effort
Daki is such a non factor that she may as well not exist. Beheading Daki and Gyutaro isn't difficult if you just behead Gyutaro yoink his head and then rush down Daki

I hate that scaling chain (Half-joking. I don't like it but I don't hate it) Fair enough though. Is Obanai more skilled than Gyutaro?

I hate that scaling chain (Half-joking. I don't like it but I don't hate it) Fair enough though. Is Obanai more skilled than Gyutaro?
Pretty sure both Uzui and Obanai are a little bit more skilled than Gyutaro, Uzui cuz that's the only thing that kept him in the fight, and Obanai just from scaling to him and the other Hashira. Demon Slayer doesn't have that many relevant skill feats outside of creating/learning Breathing Styles

At worst they should all be comparable to each other, except for Daki who's trash lmao

Gyutaro's main win condition here is to tire them out and kill them with Poison Manipulation (That should at least be Layered, because it was giving Tengen, someone who has a higher Poison tolerance than all other Hashira, got affected by it nigh-instantly) This is Obanai's main weaknesses, because poison travels faster in his short body (NO WAY! IT'S ALMOST LIKE DEMON SLAYER FANS HAVE SEEN THE MANGA)

Gyutaro's main win condition here is to tire them out and kill them with Poison Manipulation (That should at least be Layered, because it was giving Tengen, someone who has a higher Poison tolerance than all other Hashira, got affected by it nigh-instantly) This is Obanai's main weaknesses, because poison travels faster in his short body (NO WAY! IT'S ALMOST LIKE DEMON SLAYER FANS HAVE SEEN THE MANGA)
the problem with this is that Obanai alone is already much stronger and faster than a character (Marked Tanjiro) who could behead Gyutaro already. Considering how much trouble Uzui was giving Gyutaro already, adding Obanai means that Gyutaro just gets beheaded easier

Sure, you could argue that the poison would eventually kill them, but Daki and Gyutaro will absolutely die first before the Demon Slayers do simply due to how outclassed they are

Considering how much trouble Uzui was giving Gyutaro already, adding Obanai means that Gyutaro just gets beheaded easier
I really don't think that Tengen was giving Gyutaro much trouble. I'm going to go back and watch the episode because I swear that during the entire fight, Tengen was on the backfoot up until he could do Musical Score.

Back