• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'm back at the Wiki and saw some changes on Nyx profiles due to this thread: https://vsbattles.com/threads/nyx-marvel-downgrade.122480/

I must say that I disagree with it and created this thread to show my counterarguments to the downgrade thread. I would have told most of this if I had been active in the wiki when the downgrade thread happened. But well, here we go!

I see she was downgraded because you agreed she was being scaled to the House of Ideas, and that was wrong because she didn't tap the House's full potential, which might be true. However, that is not reason enough for such a downgrade.

Here are my arguments:

1) The House of Ideas is not the only 1-A realm in the Marvel continuity. We have the Far Shore, for example, which is within Eternity. When inside the House of Ideas, she was creating a new multiverse while destroying the previous one. Since she was making a new Cosmos, she was creating a new Far Shore. She was also about to erase the Eight Cosmos, which has its own Far Shore. We know she planned to do that because she says, "There have been many endings. This will be another." She was about to end current Eternity ("the world of heroes") to create her own "Cosmos of Eternal night." (Avengers No Road Home #10). So at the very least, she should be 1-A in the House of Ideas for being above the Far Shore.

2) She is an eternal primal being (something proven to be true at the very moment she could enter the House of Ideas casually) of all reality and is darkness before creation. I know this was regarded as hyperbole and similar stuff, but at this point of the story, we should take it literally. At the start of Avengers NRH, she had some kind of amnesia and was not at full power. However, she could remember everything once she was complete. She even knew about the House of Ideas and its location, which makes her more knowledgeable about cosmic functioning on a multiversal scale and beyond than most cosmic entities. In other words, she knows what she is talking about. So when she said, "I am the other side of your bright stories," it was because she is the darkness in a literal sense. If light/day/fire is the start of stories, then darkness/night is the ending.

3) Recently, Defenders Beyond #3 portrayed the Tiger God as being the opposite of the Phoenix Force since it represents the fear of the dark, or darkness itself. Thus, it exists on the other side of the White-Hot Room, a 1-A realm. That helps to see that Nyx is 1-A and should scale at least to the Tiger God because Avengers No Road #4 portrays Nyx as equal to the Tiger God. Nyx is described as the darkness the light repels, while the Tiger God appears as the unknowns they feared. Then, the story states that the "night and dark were banished to the outer side, with all the unknowns humanity feared..." by the light. Emphasis on the "outer side" and "with," by the way. Said page shows a tribe around a wood fire, telling stories. Beyond the fire's reach, there is darkness and a tiger. This reflects Tigra's experience with the Phoenix Force in White Hot Room, with the Phoenix being a wood fire, and beyond its light, there is Darkness and a Tiger. By the way, the Phoenix itself said that beyond its reach is only darkness. And well, we can't forget that Avengers NRH and Defenders Beyond were written by the same writer.

Bonus:

4) To say that Nyx didn't have access to the House's full potential is possible but maybe not accurate. She was, at that point, rewriting what we could call the divine plan, after all. And despite what was stated in the downgrade thread, she was not defeated because Vision had a better understanding of the House and could harness all its power. No. Actually, Nyx was defeated by the House itself through Vision because it rejected her. That more likely happened because she was using the House power to tell no story but make the ultimate ending: the eternal night. Thus, Nyx was undoing balance (day/night, life/death, etc.) and playing a role that was not intended for her. So she might have used the House full potential but with bad intentions, which lead to God taking her out of the house.

And that is basically all. Right now, I have to leave, and I won't be available for some hours, so please, wait for me to discuss a little. Once I'm back, I'll be ready to provide links if necessary.

Last edited:
You can't ping staff unless you are staff
Oh, didn't know that since I've not been here in a long time and I'm trying to reconnect. Some stuff has changed. How can I contact staff now?
I'll provide the scans soon. Quotes are there, though. Key issues are Defenders Beyond #3, Avengers No Road Home #4 and #10

Oh, didn't know that since I've not been here in a long time and I'm trying to reconnect. Some stuff has changed. How can I contact staff now?
I'll provide the scans soon. Quotes are there, though. Key issues are Defenders Beyond #3, Avengers No Road Home #4 and #10
Ok. But until you provide scans, I disagree

1) The wiki recently agreed that all marvel multiverses had their own Far Shore. Nyx was about to create a new multiverse and destroy the previous one. So she was about to destroy the Eight Cosmos (and its Far Shore) and create a Nine Cosmos made of the night (with its own Far Shore, of course).

2) In the Avengers AI series (#11 and #12), the antagonist manages to access the House of God by using Galactus due to its status as a primal being/being born before the big bang. So only primal and eternal beings can access the House, and Nyx can do it because she has such a status. And here we can see that after obtaining access to her full power again, she is capable of seeing things clearly and remembers everything. Before recovering her full power, she didn't even know what the House was. So she regained her knowledge, which goes beyond several cosmic entities since many of them don't know about the House. Darkness is an ending, while the light is the beginning. This is literally stated in the issue. She is an ending and that's why she will always be.

3) The Tiger God is the opposite of the Phoenix Force, its counterbalance. Nyx was portrayed as an equal of the Tiger God. Both scenes are similar. Beyond the wood fire reach, there is darkness and a tiger. So the night/Nyx is the dwelling space of the Tiger-God, which exists in planes of existence as high as the White Hot Room.

4) It's stated she was overwriting creation (check the first scan) and Vision literally explained that Nyx was defeated not by him, but by the House itself because she was affecting the proper balance of reality. Basically, she was ending all stories too early.

Nyx could be 1-A for those reasons, especially the first one at the very least.

Last edited:
I trust Impress' previous take on this. You cannot just freely undo well-accepted and reliable recent revisions as you see fit.

I trust Impress' previous take on this. You cannot just freely undo well-accepted and reliable recent revisions as you see fit.

I know I can't undoing them, but I can make proposals, right? My apologies if I did something wrong.

And since new stuff has been released, we have more information now. Besides, it's a fact that:

1) Nyx was about to end the Eight Cosmos, which is 1-A.
2) Vision didn't defeat Nyx. It was the House itself.
3) The night exists at levels as high as the White-Hot Room.

Those three things are literally stated/shown in the stories. And I propose Nyx to be 1-A at least for the first point.
Thanks for your input. Soon I'll contact other people and see their opinion.

Last edited:
I know I can't undoing them, but I can make proposals, right? My apologies if I did something wrong.
Well, it has been very tiresome to have to constantly deal with people who want as high tiers as possible for Marvel and DC Comics characters, regardless if it makes any coherent sense or not, for over 8 years now, but alright then.
And since new stuff has been released, we have more information now. Besides, it's a fact that:

1) Nyx was about to end the Eight Cosmos, which is 1-A.
Well, significantly change it at least, but point taken. This may be reliable. However, she would technically only need to change the ground level universes in order to apply eternal night to them.
2) Vision didn't defeat Nyx. It was the House itself.
Well, the Vision channelling the forces of the House at least, but that is a technicality.
3) The night exists at levels as high as the White-Hot Room.
Has this been stated outright, and is Nyx literally all darkness itself, or just an avatar or servant of it like other gods tend to be?

Has this been stated outright, and is Nyx literally all darkness itself, or just an avatar or servant of it like other gods tend to be?
Gods was never stated to be avatar or servant of their given concept, but rather the archetypical of the concept itself, No Road Home itself argues how gods are archetypical myth woven into the collective unconcious.

Btw the last chapter of Defenders Beyond it was literally shown that the darkness that the Tiger God roams (which in No Road Home is argued to be the NYX), is beyond the reach of the White Hot Room.

Gods was never stated to be avatar or servant of their given concept, but rather the archetypical of the concept itself, No Road Home itself argues how gods are archetypical myth woven into the collective unconcious.
Currently some of them have been implied to be by Al Ewing, but previously the death gods were established to just be servants of Death, the actual conceptual entity, for example in Peter David's and Jim Starlin's old "Walker" storyline in the Captain Marvel comic book, and I think that the Marvel handbooks said something similar. In addition, it doesn't make sense for every single deity in the Marvel multiverse, most of them shown as unfathomably weaker than multiversal abstract entities, to all be the entire concept that they represent.

Last edited:
Currently some of them have been implied to be by Al Ewing, but previously the death gods were established to just be servants of Death, the actual conceptual entity, for example in Peter David's and Jim Starlin's old "Walker" storyline in the Captain Marvel comic book, and I think that the Marvel handbooks said something similar. In addition, it doesn't make sense for every single deity in the Marvel multiverse, most of them shown as unfathomably weaker than multiversal abstract entities, to all be the entire concept that they represent.
Since the golden age with writers like Roy Thomas already argued about the Gods being the entirety of the concept, or at least be it on a very large and significant scale. We have examples like Mark Gruenwald, Tom DeFalco, Peter David, Greg Pak (Incredible Hercules - Chaos War), Ralph Macchio, Paul Cornell, and etc.

Besides the fact that thing Ewing said in Loki God of Stories about gods being tales that echoes over air, mind, space, and time to the very beginning of things, is just a pick-up from the philosophy of those who have worked most with the Thor comics and who have kept these quotes and others like them there, in this case (Gruwnwald, Macchio, and DeFalco)

Well, it has been very tiresome to have to constantly deal with people who want as high tiers as possible for Marvel and DC Comics characters, regardless if it makes any coherent sense or not, for over 8 years now, but alright then.
I understand that. That's not my case; I actually wanto to discuss this stuff and see where it goes. I enjoy the Cosmology discussion/analysis, see other interpretations, etc. And whatever the conclusion, I'm okay with that!
Well, significantly change it at least, but point taken. This may be reliable. However, she would technically only need to change the ground level universes in order to apply eternal night to them.

That is possible, but she intented to end "the World of Heroes" and said a "there is a new world coming... A new creation... A Cosmos of Eternal Night" The key words are "Creation" and "Cosmos." which may imply the whole thing. Besides, a dayless multiverse implies the erasure of countless concepts and entities, basically affecting the Multiverse in all its levels.
It might be because Visions says "Nyx, Goddess of Night. Ascended now to her full power as a primal aspect" and she states "I am mankind's first darkness. I am midnight and moonrise. I am a primal being, greater than gods.", and she is "the other side of your (heroes) bright stories." She is the ending, because she is the night. Hercules reffered to her as the "Endless night" in Avengers No Road Home #9. It''s highly implied that the Night-God that the Crow Cult worships in Conan's world is Nyx, as they see one of their Night-Shards as a treasure. And finally, Nyx Night Shards/aspects are "The night that was, the night that is, ans the night that yet may be", implying she is all of the night.

Last edited:
You know, Nyx is likely older than the myths/stories themselves. However, she started to be weakened by light and stories at the very moment these started because those repel the night and its terrors. Myths and stories about heroes and gods beating the Night/darkness caged "the night's mysteries," which possibly made her weaker and weaker over time (Avengers No Road Home #4). That's how it is in the Inside/Eternity, where Nyx has a role to play and must follow the narrative. But she can be her whole self at full power on the Outside, where no such restraints exist.

It wouldn't be the first time something is weaker inside Eternity. The Phoenix Force and Oblivion are good examples. Inside the Multiverse, they're as powerful as multiversal abstracts, but their real self in the Outside trascend Eternity. It would be something like that.

Since the golden age with writers like Roy Thomas already argued about the Gods being the entirety of the concept, or at least be it on a very large and significant scale. We have examples like Mark Gruenwald, Tom DeFalco, Peter David, Greg Pak (Incredible Hercules - Chaos War), Ralph Macchio, Paul Cornell, and etc.

Besides the fact that thing Ewing said in Loki God of Stories about gods being tales that echoes over air, mind, space, and time to the very beginning of things, is just a pick-up from the philosophy of those who have worked most with the Thor comics and who have kept these quotes and others like them there, in this case (Gruwnwald, Macchio, and DeFalco)
Well, the problem is that the concept-based deities have not been anywhere near consistently treated as the same abstract entity with different guises or even avatars, much less to have anywhere near their full power, so it wouldn't make any logical sense to start scaling Hela from Death itself, or to merge their profile pages, just to name one example.

I understand that. That's not my case; I actually wanto to discuss this stuff and see where it goes. I enjoy the Cosmology discussion/analysis, see other interpretations, etc. And whatever the conclusion, I'm okay with that!

That is possible, but she intented to end "the World of Heroes" and said a "there is a new world coming... A new creation... A Cosmos of Eternal Night" The key words are "Creation" and "Cosmos." which may imply the whole thing. Besides, a dayless multiverse implies the erasure of countless concepts and entities, basically affecting the Multiverse in all its levels.

It might be because Visions says "Nyx, Goddess of Night. Ascended now to her full power as a primal aspect" and she states "I am mankind's first darkness. I am midnight and moonrise. I am a primal being, greater than gods.", and she is "the other side of your (heroes) bright stories." She is the ending, because she is the night. Hercules reffered to her as the "Endless night" in Avengers No Road Home #9. It''s highly implied that the Night-God that the Crow Cult worships in Conan's world is Nyx, as they see one of their Night-Shards as a treasure. And finally, Nyx Night Shards/aspects are "The night that was, the night that is, ans the night that yet may be", implying she is all of the night.
Well, I suppose that all of the above seems to make logical sense to me.

You know, Nyx is likely older than the myths/stories themselves. However, she started to be weakened by light and stories at the very moment these started because those repel the night and its terrors. Myths and stories about heroes and gods beating the Night/darkness caged "the night's mysteries," which possibly made her weaker and weaker over time (Avengers No Road Home #4). That's how it is in the Inside/Eternity, where Nyx has a role to play and must follow the narrative. But she can be her whole self at full power on the Outside, where no such restraints exist.

It wouldn't be the first time something is weaker inside Eternity. The Phoenix Force and Oblivion are good examples. Inside the Multiverse, they're as powerful as multiversal abstracts, but their real self in the Outside trascend Eternity. It would be something like that.
Yes, that seems to make sense.

Can somebody write a tally for which members that think what here please?

Both me and Eseseso agreed but we're not staffs, but I only agreed with the OP first option since the Far shore is accepted as 1-A so Nyx able to destroy it would also make her 1-A.
Edit: and Marvel_future

No staff agreed so far.

Last edited:
Both me and Eseseso agreed but we're not staffs, but I only agreed with the OP first option since the Far shore is accepted as 1-A so Nyx able to destroy it would also make her 1-A.

No staff agreed so far.
@Eficiente @Qawsedf234 @Firestorm808 @LordTracer @Maverick_Zero_X @Lightning_XXI @Deagonx @Vasco @MARVEL_Future_Fight_Gamer @Tllmbrg

Would any of you be willing to help out here please?

Hmm. It doesn't seem safe to apply this revision without further input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back