• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nyx (Greek Mythology) vs Apophis (Egyptian Mythology)

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Well, here we are, folks. Here, we have Nyx, who is basically the most powerful entity in Greek mythology besides Ananke/Necessitas (who for some reason doesn't have a profile despite being fate itself), against Apophis, the snake that embodies chaos itself. What else? Nyx is the only one in Greek Mythology I have read up on in this wiki who actually has a counterattack against Apophis: concept manipulation. Nyx represents the night itself (how does she not get abstract existence from THAT?), plus she has given birth to gave birth to Aether (Brightness), Hemera (Day), Moros (Doom, Destiny), the Keres (Destruction, Death), Thanatos (Death), Hypnos (Sleep), the Oneiroi (Dreams), Momus (Blame), Oizys (Pain, Distress), the Hesperides (Evening), the Moirai (Fates), Nemesis (Indignation, Retribution), Apate (Deceit), Philotes (Friendship), Geras (Old Age), and Eris (Strife). Problem is Nyx only has the possibility of being Low 2-C while Apophis is definitively Low 2-C.

That said, there are only two rules.

1. Speed is Equalized (they are both Massively FTL, yes, but Nyx being omnipresent would mean she can hit Apophis from a blind spot.)

2. This is Low 2-C Nyx vs Low 2-C Apophis.

That aside, here are the profiles.:

Nyx's Profile

Apophis' Profile

That aside, let's hope this isn't a stomp for once as a good chunk of Apophis threads have been.

NyxDarkness MarciBrinker
Apophis by John Rocco2
Nyx: 2 (Dreaming Serpent, Votron5)
Apophis: 0

Inconclusive: 0

Okay a much as I like Mythology themed matches like this why does Nyx's profile link to the Warframe profile?

Anyways, as a guy whose a fan of both these characters in Myth I'd have to go with Nyx.

Apophis/Apep is extremely powerful and has to be fought every day to keep the Universe safe BUT he can be fought by the most powerful of Gods and he can be defeated even if it's just barely and he'll come back.

Meanwhile Nyx is a child of the Creator God/Force Chaos and so ancient and strong she has mothered entire pantheons of primordials either by herself or with her husband Erebus. Or in some depictions with Chaos but of course it depends.

Plus Zeus was courageous enough to end up fighting Typhon which all the other Gods fleed from. Yet when faced with Nyx, Zeus didn't even bother trying to fight her. He bailed so quick because he knew there was no win against a force like her. And this was when he was still at his peak. King of the Gods.

Good match up but point definitely goes to Nyx here.

Dreaming Serpent said:
Okay a much as I like Mythology themed matches like this why does Nyx's profile link to the Warframe profile?
Wait, what? -clicks on the link- ACK!

Dreaming Serpent said:
It's okay. Mistakes happen everyday > 3<
But is my reasoning sound? In terms of how I think Mother Night could win?
I would admit so.

Back