• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He said he had risen up out of the blackness of twenty-seven centuries, and that he had heard messages from places not on this planet. Into the lands of civilisation came Nyarlathotep, swarthy, slender, and sinister, always buying strange instruments of glass and metal and combining them into instruments yet stranger. He spoke much of the sciences - of electricity and psychology - and gave exhibitions of power which sent his spectators away speechless, yet which swelled his fame to exceeding magnitude. Men advised one another to see Nyarlathotep, and shuddered. And where Nyarlathotep went, rest vanished; for the small hours were rent with the screams of a nightmare. —H.P. Lovecraft, "Nyarlathotep"

Just felt like sharing that quote :3

Dreaming Serpent said:
When Randolph Carter witnessed Yog Sothoth, they straight up described the entity as being so beyond comprehension that no mathmatics could quantify such a thing. I mean he did say: "Non-Euclidean.

eh, isn't non-euclidean actually a thing in mathematics?

TISSG7Redgrave said:
well...1-As are already outside of math so...
huh, that so... i thought baseline 1-A is only transcending infinity...

That's what I think too. Spoke to a friend a whose into Masadverse too, he felt as if Nyarlathotep would win too since their Regenerationn abilities are good but not as impressive. Won't count as a vote of course, but it influenced mine. Nyarlathotep my vote goes to +1

Yog Sothoth likely could, but Yog Sothoth is unbeatable save for a Tier 0 being that he's the highest a Tier 1A could ever be. There's Tier 1A, and there's Holy Shit he's practically a Tier 0. If it weren't for the fact that Azathoth existed, Yog Sothoth could easily pass for a Tier 0 too.

Yes but i'm talking about in terms of Raw Strength/Power next to to Nyarlathotep. Who while powerful and has a multitude of abilities, in Cthulhu Mythos 'canon' is still less then the other Ultimate Gods, but Yog Sothoth is said to be greater then all of them. Not like they could just kill each other, and perhaps a fight between the two is impossible but it is just a thought here.

And hence why The Cthulhu Mythos is a cluster of Tier 1As that we still don't know what they're doing half the time. My current theory is Yog Sothoth was fathered by the Mist and is a more/easier to imagine Entity that expands and encompasses everything throughout the Multiverse while some people think the Mist transformed into Yog Sothoth as time made things more complex. It's confusing.

Well the main argument was that nyar won't be defeated since azathoth would prevent that, obviously a boundless have nothing to do with conflict whatsover.

Although nyar does seem much stronger. And that immortality thing has be changed now...so....this match can be added or be closed?

Didn't most people said it's stomp ?

Also those outer gods seems annoying, if they can't be killed because they part of tier 0 they should not be allowed in the VS threads

That is a good point :p

I remember when someone argued a match between Yog Sothoth vs Anti Monitor and his Minions as if that would make a difference.

Even the weaker Outer Gods have way more impressive feats then i'd say a good 90% of supreme entities from other works of fiction.

It's not that they are part of Azathoth.

It's that to the outer gods, there is no change. Change is an illusion caused by an inability to truly percieve reality. All that is, will be, was, and could be, even on a level of other undimensioned beings are all simply a tiny part of one complete unchanging whole that the Outer Gods perceive.

You can't hurt something when to that being, all concepts of change, positive or negative, are an illusion

I said that's changed, look at nyars profile agai. He only has type 10 immortality.

Also again, a boundless isnt applicable to conflict. That "perfect immortality" thing can technically only be coherent to High outerversal level.

Why? There is a reason why the boundless doesnt have that in their profile, since a true boundless has no use for immortality either. Tier 0 that is.

@Monarch

Part of him? That's just a attempt for one to decipher the narrative story, it can be a dream or not a dream. Azathoth is boundless, the term "dream" or "dreaming" is just a attempt to decipher a boundless, which will never happen.

Not even yog-soth can decipher azathoth.

I'm strongly going with Nyar, by virtue of him being possibly indeterminately above beings who are indeterminately above beings who are indeterminately above beings (his avatars) who are indeterminately above the entire realm of other beings which are even more indeterminate compared to the realm of even beings like a beyond infinitely-powered 1-A who transcends all of existence as well as other outerversal realms, with that being in particular (Hypnos) also transcending even more above-baseline to mid 1-A's. Before you say that all sounds absurd, consider who we're talking about. The man (H.P. Lovecraft, and to some extent his successors) was/were out to literally give people potent, lingering existential nightmares.

It's a pretty ridiculous level of stomp. I would argue that Nyar solos all of Masadaverse combined, actually. (No spite, I'm well aware of the insane level of power Hajun + Tumor possesses, as well as the attributes of Taikyoku.)

Also, I have argued on other threads why the semantics of a tier 0's definition don't really matter in the context of fiction, so I won't bother with that again. But, essentially, Yog-Sothoth could have full knowledge of Azzy with his true omniscience, but that doesn't change a thing about his power.

Not all of those points are correct, but considering Nyar was winning against Hajun last time I checked, this is definitely a stomp.

I'll close it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back