• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no its not that the relic NEGATES the regen even if the person can regen from decapitation or more marie's curse dictates that once you slice the neck with the gullotine the person won't survive (LDO's are low godly but yato (ren in DI) was a threat because that relic just negates their immorality and regen)

Reading the page right now and some online stuff about the story.

Don't worry, it's more of my own personal gripe/preference, I just want to see the capabilities of these characters is all. Just because one character has a powerful neck move doesn't negate the fact or idea that they can't blow up a planet. That's true, and it's a backward way of looking things I admit.

It's just then when I see that twice, I feel as if I owe it to myself to know what other capabilities these dudes have cause I don't want myself to be fixated on that alone.

alright just hope you understand better (DI and KKK are hard to translate DI getting a recent localization so yeah)

(Just saying that even if character X can only blow up a planet, as long as they have more than 10 taikyoku than their opponent who can blow up a multiverse, character X will still stomp)

Monarch Laciel said:
(Just saying that even if character X can only blow up a planet, as long as they have more than 10 taikyoku than their opponent who can blow up a multiverse, character X will still stomp)
I barely know what that means. So Taikyoku > Multiverse and High Outerverse?

Taikyoku works by a different scale

Technically, all TY is outerversal, being the source of the concepts of dimensioned space. So even 1 TY lets you destroy the Throne, which comprises the entire multiverse and, paradoxically, things outside the multiverse like Gladsheimr and the Twilight Beach.

But if one character has 1 Taikyoku and their ability is to one-shot everything with a thought, they still will lose to a person with 11 taikyoku who's ability is to change the colour of their hair

Nya doesn't even have a Law, or equivalent. Nor does it have a neck so neck slicing is out.

This is basically type 5 immortality vs time armour, and honestly, I'm still going for Nya. Infinitely transcending the Great Old Ones places her pretty high on the 1-A scale, so it's going to take down Yato eventually.

Monarch Laciel said:
Infinitely transcending the Great Old Ones places her pretty high on the 1-A scale, so it's going to take down Yato eventually.

eh, but GOO are just fodder 1-As right? only undimensioned with no abilities of outer gods.

well like i said is there a way for yato to induce marie's curse i mean nya has similar things to yato and habaki and the blades can still affect them so...

Palaeocene.epoch1 said:
Monarch Laciel said:
Infinitely transcending the Great Old Ones places her pretty high on the 1-A scale, so it's going to take down Yato eventually.
eh, but GOO are just fodder 1-As right? only undimensioned with no abilities of outer gods.
The Cthulhu Mythos is very incosistant sometimes and to be honest, tiering is a lot more difficult for that series given how vague and contradictory it all is, and that doesn't even include the Expanded Mythos.

Barkatlamn, a literal Spawn of Azathoth is apparently capable of dying but Hastur: The Yellow King can apparently do things that would probably put him on Outer God level and yet he's considered to be a Great Old One instead.

Blame Lovecraft

He wanted it to seem like the Mythos was real, and is confusing and sometime contradictory nature was part of that. Even got his other writer friends to incorporate bits of his mythos into their own works so it seems like they were drawing on some actually ancient myths.

Got to the point some church asked "have you ever read the Necronomicon" on some occult survey they did along with things like "have you read the satanic bible"

Anyway, blame lovecraft.

Naw. I don't even blame him, I don't think even intended to make a mythos, it just sort of became that way. Even so I love it, the best description I've heard of is that it's sort of like a reverse Plato. The more you try to uncover, the less it makes sense. Add some Gnosticism, dabbles of Dunsany, Poe, and old existential nightmare fuel and you got yourself the horror of the Cthulhu Mythos.

But anyways, I'm still going for Nyarlathotep. Even after reading about the rules of the Universe and going online to Tenma's abilities, I don't buy him being able to beat Nyarlathotep at all. I would like to see him duke it out with Nodens though.

Even though this whole fight kind of reminds me of that really weird thread i came across between Scott Pilgrim vs The Thing. And I felt like that VS Match sort of didn't make much sense because the rules of those two worlds are so different that imagining a fight between them would require one of the worlds rules to be scrapped or rendered irrelevant.

He definitely intended to make a mythos

I just said that he literally told other writers to use parts of his stuff, and he never bothered with copyright so that anyone could write about his stuff if they wanted, hence the expanded mythos, just because he wanted it to seem like it was actual myths

I don't understand why we allow Type 5 immortality in matchups with 1As, it's essentially an infinitely more broken Type 8 immortality then anything on the market.

Anyway, inconclusive, neither are putting the other down

i'm more wondering if Marie's curse can even affect type 5 cause u know...

Monarch Laciel said:
Nya, scaling from the GOO's has infinite levels of transcendence
so, 10 x ∞ = Yato

∞ x ∞ = Nyarl, huh

anyway, its kinda weird to see some kind of math still applies to high-level 1-A such as hadou gods.

Dreaming Serpent said:
I would like to see him duke it out with Nodens though.
hm? from what I read Nodens seems below both Nya and Yato though...

alright i was just double checking so i vote for inconclusive as damaging Yato is a struggle in its own right and their haxs are simillar Yato can't put nyar down because of type 5 immortality but time armor can save Yato from getting killed

hmm true but...where does it say nyar is infinitely stronger than the old ones if so let hajun fight nyar instead...

Scroll back up a bit. or Ctrl+F "difference of infinite dimensions"

Hajun v Nya would probably be more even tbh

TISSG7Redgrave said:
hmm true but...where does it say nyar is infinitely stronger than the old ones if so let hajun fight nyar instead...
Plenty of times, but of course it's widely known that the Outer Gods are infinitely more powerful then the Old Ones or the Great Old Ones and The Elder Gods.

hmmmmm i'll wait for things to go either the opponent becomes hajun and it'll likely be a true incon or ppl say yato is fine and fair or this is a stomp (in a way)

Monarch Laciel said:
Their measuring scheme is math based though lol.
and that's one advantage of Nya. since outer gods transcend fancy and math alike iirc. maybe this is one reason why OGs are infinitely above GOO and Hypnos.

Monarch Laciel said:
throne hajun? or...

full power hajun i suspect throne is only slightly above yato's full power (tengu dou was being pushed back when yato came back at full power)

Palaeocene.epoch1 said:
Monarch Laciel said:
Their measuring scheme is math based though lol.
and that's one advantage of Nya. since outer gods transcend fancy and math alike iirc. maybe this is one reason why OGs are infinitely above GOO and Hypnos.

Monarch Laciel said:
throne hajun? or...
When Randolph Carter witnessed Yog Sothoth, they straight up described the entity as being so beyond comprehension that no mathmatics could quantify such a thing. I mean he did say: "Non-Euclidean.

Don't we all....

So, anyone want to make Full power Hajun v Nya?

Cuz with infinite trascendence beyond all mathematics and "angles", Nya is kinda stomping here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back