• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
If full power Nyar is too strong then he's instead using one of his avatars that is on Tenma's level.

Tenma Yato T
vs.
Nyarlathotep summoning - Copy
"Trouble with memory. I see things I never knew before. Other worlds and other galaxies... Dark... The lightning seems dark and the darkness seems light... [...] What am I afraid of? Is it not an avatar of Nyarlathotep, who in antique and shadowy Khem even took the form of a man?" - Excerpt from the diary of the late Robert Harrison Blake

not even EGD is able to permanently kill Nyarl iirc. not familiar with Nyarl avatar (clockwork phantom?)

but yato is no slouch too. he's bog-standard 'mid-high-tiered 1-A' with transduality, on top of having high taikyoku value. his atziluth is tailored for defense to boot

both are too stubborn to die. so stalemate?

though my personal preference is nyarl cuz she is an outer god

idk much on nyarl but if it can't die without azzy (i summon thee OVO) then yato has no way to kill but he won't get killed so easily either Yato at full power is the second strongest god of shinza with a value of 100 able to stomp merc, marie, reinhard, and himself before KKK (merc has 90 i think rein and ren had 80 and marie being 90 idr) to boot yato iirc once he was at full power managed to push Hajun's tengu dou back (albeit he is being nerfed as a throne god because souls don't work with him) even in a VERY weakened state resisted the law for 8000+ years so there is that however I just want to point out something (i bet its useless AF and well...idk why it isn't put there tbh but here goes nothing...) Yato has his old relic which when he decapitates his opponents negate regen and immortality (yes even if someone can survive decapitation its negated once he slices the neck fyi for those who don't know) though how it deals with tentacle H monster jr is idk

i just realized though....@palaeocene this is cthulu nyar not demonbane nyar

TISSG7Redgrave said:
i just realized though....@palaeocene this is cthulu nyar not demonbane nyar
.... right. my mistake. no wonder @Azathoth bolded EGD part ... I'm retracting my vote then, i need to do research for lovecraft's Nya first

Great Old Ones page says their strongest members are 1-A

Also says that the Outer Gods are to the Great Old Ones what the Great Old Ones are to 3-D humanity.

i.e. greater than a difference of infinite dimensions

Azzy, am I reading into this correct?

Monarch Laciel said:
Azzy, am I reading into this correct?
Go here, to the quote beginning with "The waves surged forth again".

Should provide a decent explanation. Just keep in mind stuff such as "angles" is also used for lesser dimensionless beings, and that the term "small wholeness" refers to 'Umr at-Tawil's realm.

Holding out against Haju for 8000 years despite being infinite degrees of infinity weaker than him (Hajun was himself being weakened by his contradictory nature and didn't even noticed Yato was there)

Monarch Laciel said:
Holding out against Haju for 8000 years despite being infinite degrees of infinity weaker than him (Hajun was himself being weakened by his contradictory nature and didn't even noticed Yato was there)
That sounds pretty cool. Hajun himself seems like an overpowering force to reckon with. And this match itself, we're talking about the True Nyarlathotep and not just one of his powerful avatars?

also Yato at full power is able to stomp His past self, and these guys as they have 90 taikyoku while yato has a 100 (10 taikyoku difference is enough to make any kind of law invalid (if character A has 10 but a power null law vs character B with 20 but law is only boosting speed the result is character B would stomp)

Dreaming Serpent said:
Tenma looks cool, but what's his greatest feat?
To elaborate Laciel and Redgrave's answers :

Yato managed to hold off Hajun (most OP being of masadaverse) for 8000 years. Hajun is Hadou god with taikyoku that increases every moment thanks to infinite feedback loop between him and his 'brother'.

every hadou god has taikyoku as source of their power. fight between two hadou god determined by taikyoku value. taikyoku value of 2 will always win against hadou with taikyoku 1 and so on.

taikyoku is source of everything, it exist before and beyond dimensional structures. it is unity before duality, automatically granting hadou Transduality and true-godly regen by default, even for fodder hadou who only have Taikyoku value of 1.

there's beyond-dimensional object called throne, it is a baseline 1-A thing which encompass all creation. hadou god with taikyoku value of 1 can destroy it easily.

and Tenma Yato have Taikyoku value of 100. basically second strongest hadou god in the series. right behind Yato would be Reinhard, Mercurius, who have 90 taikyoku value each.

as I already said, hadou of higher taikyoku value will always be able to overpower weaker one. said 'weaker one' will also have transduality + true-godly regen. Mercurius defeated Satanel who have Taikyoku value of 80, hence, Mercurius can bypass other character's transduality and true-godly regen. and Yato is stronger than Mercurius. so its safe to say Yato might also be able to bypass other characters' true-godly regen.

not to mention Yato have 1-A subordinates, his legion. Yatsukahagi. but I can't remember all of their abilities. (though, Yato sacrificed them to increase his Taikyoku iirc)

Yato also has time armor, powerful defensive ability which can stop time even on place with no concept of time (outerverse). time armor is also the ability which allows Yato to survive Hajun's assault (you know, the hadou god with infinitely increasing taikyoku), granted, that was because Hajun did not even notice Yato at all, but its great feat for Yato nonetheless, to stop Tengu Dou (Hajun's Law) from completing.

But yes, if its 'True Nya', I don't know wether Yato can bypass Type 5 Immortality or not. outer gods/the archetypes are beyond all perspectives, thus they are literally immutable after all (see everything as eternal unchanging whole).

Monarch Laciel said:
Yep. True Nya
Tenma seems super interesting and I would love to read more about him. I don't know if I can imagine him actually beating Nyarlathotep here. Maybe/Certainly Hypnos from the Mythos, that would be an awesome battle even him Hypnos is more implied. But if we're talking about the True Form of Nyarlathotep (I.E. The Crawling Chaos) which is presented on being a literal embodiment of formless Chaos that swaft away other 2-A to 1-A charactera and drive them crazy with him simply being there, I don't if I could buy it yet.

I think i'll read more about Tenma first before making a final conclusion cause his arsenal does sound extremly impressive and interesting. The Cthulhu Mythos has a lot of contradictions but in most versions, the character of Nyarlathotep has always remained consistantly intelligent and powerful, with guys like Yog Sothoth obviously being more then enough to stomp him though. Since lets not beat around the bush, in the canon, Nyarlathotep is one of the "Weaker" Outer Gods in comparison to the other ones. Still, if Nodens and Randolph Carter are having trouble or are threatened by his shadows or other avatars then I wouldn't doubt that he would be a push over.

This is a cool match up. Although if I made the conclusion that Nyarlathotep could curbstomp Oblivion from Marvel, I don't know what's preventing me from making that conclusion here. But i don't read about Masadaverse and such so I won't suggest it's a stomp.

not sure on shape shift but he has his pasts self's relic which when cutting the neck will negate immortality and Regenerationn just idek about how this applies to non-coporeal ppl i assume he has some way to do it (Yato also can use his relic not just with one blade but multiple)

Edit: @palaeocene IIRC (idk if its true) when yato fired at habaki despite his taikyoku he would have died if it hit his neck but it didn't also when habaki was gaining the upper hand Yato launched his strongest ever slash which when habaki deflected cut yato's neck and he died IIRC

TISSG7Redgrave said:
not sure on shape shift but he has his pasts self's relic which when cutting the neck will negate immortality and Regenerationn just idek about how this applies to non-coporeal ppl i assume he has some way to do it (Yato also can use his relic not just with one blade but multiple)
That's a very odd and particularly sounding ability lol. Just reserve my vote for Nyarlathotep so far, I'll change my vote if I feel like there's something else Tenma can do to beat him. I should have been reading more Masadaverse anyway, I've been postponing for too long.

I'm just having trouble with the idea of. a guy punching what is basically literal Entropy in the face.

Thank you for answering my questions btw. I super appreciate it.

TISSG7Redgrave said:
Edit: @palaeocene IIRC (idk if its true) when yato fired at habaki despite his taikyoku he would have died if it hit his neck but it didn't also when habaki was gaining the upper hand Yato launched his strongest ever slash which when habaki deflected cut yato's neck and he died IIRC

well, not the first time hadou god permanently died. Satanel, and previous Heavens came to mind...

He has some wierd avatar thing he can summon, but I don't know if he has ever actually changed his form

As for Nya, I don't think Nya even has a neck to be sliced. So yeah

And it's by a conceptual curse. Though I'm pretty sure Nya transcends even the "angled" concepts of "normal" 1-A space

TISSG7Redgrave said:
lol get f*cked yato

yeah though just to say that yes the neck cutter did negate his true-godly regen as that was the final blow i think the other heavens were overpowered by taikyoku while habaki was even with yato (after boosted by tumor + hajun) so there is that

@serpent taikyoku is more into kajiri kamui kagura which is untranslated...(its hard AF) also the throne is baseline 1-A and ANY god in masada that has 1 taikyoku busts that thing without any issue and have a difference of 10 taikyoku makes u infinitely stronger than the weaker god no matter how good the weaker god's law is (hajun is a HELLA exception idk how many infinities i can count lel...)

Monarch Laciel said:
He has some wierd avatar thing he can summon, but I don't know if he has ever actually changed his form
As for Nya, I don't think Nya even has a neck to be sliced. So yeah

And it's by a conceptual curse. Though I'm pretty sure Nya transcends even the "angled" concepts of "normal" 1-A space
Yeah I mean if we're talking about the REAL deal Nyarlathotep here then I'm afraid this match was over before it started. The neck thing wouldn't work against the Crawling Chaos or against many Cthulhu Mythos Entities. Maybe for Super Sayain 4 Gogeta or something like that. But Nyar?

well the thing is...all gods have at least non-coporeal and such yet it seems marie's curse doesn't really care for a physical neck idk that's why i find it a bit weird on yato's relic on how will the being on 1-A other than his fight with habaki

I mean i'm willing to accept the idea that these dudes are extremely powerful and they just possesses abilites and characteristics that are irrelevant to other worlds.

I mean Merged Zamasu is more powerful then Buu, but he doesn't have nearly as impressive regenerative abilities as Buu.

The regenerative capabilities here don't seem as advanced as the Cthulhu Mythos, but they definitely have power level and effect down to a Tee.

Not that I don't trust the board, I would simply like to read the material myself instead taking the word for it. When I hear about a vital attack revolving around the neck, I assume that the regenerative abilites aren't as on par. If they are on par and I am wrong then I will accept that, but I am biased with that statement and until I read the material, I don't think I'm going to make that assumption yet.

Dreaming Serpent said:
Where can I learn more about this Taikyoku?
as @Monarch Laciel already said. here :

And here: [URL='https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Masadaverse_Explanation_Page']Masadaverse Explanation Page[/URL] Dreaming Serpent said:
According to hear right?
yep. but i admit hadou gods don't have many good showing about true-godly regen... its all about taikyoku value/powerscaling. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back