• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nuclear Throne Verse Speed Revision

GreyFang82

He/Him
Introductio

Alright, after a very long and boring journey of asking for evaluations and doing math and pixel measurements, I can finally give the NT verse a solid speed rating. This Content Revision only applies to all playable characters in the game, not the bosses.

The Calculations
Let's start with the most basic and uncontroversial calculation:

- Movement Speed for All Playable Characters other than Plant move at 9.26 m/s (Athletic Human) even with Extra Feet's boost it still is comes out Athletic Human, while Plant moves at 10.82 m/s (Peak Human) even with Extra Feet's boost it still comes out as Peak Human.

Next are how fast the bullets of the basic weapons move

- Weapons Speed obviously varies from weapon to weapon but this should give use an idea of how fast most weapons of similar projectile types. This would scale to Attack Speed with certain weapons.

Revolver (Bullets): Moves at 37.96 m/s which is Subsonic

Shotgun (Shells): Moves at 32.67 m/s which is High-End Superhuman

Crossbow (Bolts): Moves 60.69 m/s which is Subsonic

Laser Pistol (Energy): Moves at 1559.59 m/s which is Supersonic+

And finally the last calculations that's conclusion has left me unsure on where to put it. The calculation shows how fast the characters in NT can swing the wrench and because of this I don't know if I would put this as either each character's combat speed or once again it would be attack speed.

- Wrench Swing Speed was calculated both in a low and high ball showing, the low ball put the swing at 274.59 m/s or Subsonic+ while the high ball was at 608.54 m/s or Supersonic. Now what I care about is if this is Combat or Attack speed.

In Summary
All other characters other than Plant have Athletic Human Travel Speed

Plant has Peak Human Travel Speed

All Characters have Subsonic+ to Supersonic Combat/Attack Speed with the Wrench

All Characters have Superhuman to Supersonic+ Attack Speed based on which gun(s) are used.

And so that is what I believe needs to be changed/added to the NT characters' profiles.

What are everyone's thoughts?

I don't see any problem with this.

Using the higher-end (Supersonic) for combat speed should be fine, in my opinion.

So, should I start making the changes or should I ask a few more staff members for their thoughts?

Back