• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Downgrade speed Dr. Stone

This is an easy thread for their demotion.

From this line, Tsukasa states "IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO AVOID THE BLAST RADIUS" which pretty much tells us that he doesn't have the speed to travel beyond a nitroglycerin explosion. which can move at a speed of 2000 m/s

Therefore we will demote them from 18,763.8296405 m/s (High Hypersonic+) leaving only 580.218134212 m/s (Supersonic) only

Bold = Staff
Accept:
@Mr._Bambu , @Vzearr ,

Disagree: @DarkDragonMedeus , @wwereymy235 , @Arnoldstone18 , @Tatsumi504

Last edited:

From this line, Tsukasa states "IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO AVOID THE BLAST RADIUS" which pretty much tells us that he doesn't have the speed to travel beyond a nitroglycerin explosion. which can move at a speed of 2000 m/s

Therefore we will demote them from 18,763.8296405 m/s (High Hypersonic+) leaving only 580.218134212 m/s (Supersonic) only
Maybe it’s High Hypersonic+ combat speed rather than travel speed. There are characters that drive a vehicle even though they have combat speed feats that can be scaled to supersonic+.

Maybe it’s High Hypersonic+ combat speed rather than travel speed. There are characters that drive a vehicle even though they have combat speed feats that can be scaled to supersonic+.
Even though the profile says High Hypersonic+ is combat, the calculation that resulted in High Hypersonic+ was the speed at which Tsukasa ran to help her sister. That is the speed of travel.

Even though the profile says High Hypersonic+ is combat, the calculation that resulted in High Hypersonic+ was the speed at which Tsukasa ran to help her sister. That is the speed of travel.
That isn't travel speed per say. It's possible for fictional characters to travel short distances extremely quickly in combat, it only becomes travel speed when when they do so across long distances for long periods of time

Agree with the OP, I would also like to add that the calculation uses real life throwing speed even thought "Hyoga" isn't throwing the spear. The distance is also contradictory, the calc used 0.4 cm but somehow Tsukasa is able to fit between her and the spear ? I also don't like pixel scaling the anime version of the spear to use for a manga feat. Also didn't Senku (A genius) want to use guns to kill Tsukasa ? But he's somehow 30x faster then them.

Agree with the OP, I would also like to add that the calculation uses real life throwing speed even thought "Hyoga" isn't throwing the spear. The distance is also contradictory, the calc used 0.4 cm but somehow Tsukasa is able to fit between her and the spear ?
This is what I thought too. Using the throwing speed before the character has yet to throw it can cause the results to be too high, and finding the POV between Mirai and the screen before subtracting the length of the spear tip results in extremely low distance. We only got a distance of 0.4 cm, which seemed too low.
Also didn't Senku (A genius) want to use guns to kill Tsukasa ? But he's somehow 30x faster then them.
Senku thought that just a gun could stop Mozu, but it couldn't stop him. Mozu was much weaker than Hyoga who used the Kudayari spear, and Hyoga who used the Kudayari spear was much weaker than Tsukasa, which was a very logical reason. Suffice it to say that Tsukasa should be able to defeat a bullet.

This is what I thought too. Using the throwing speed before the character has yet to throw it can cause the results to be too high, and finding the POV between Mirai and the screen before subtracting the length of the spear tip results in extremely low distance. We only got a distance of 0.4 cm, which seemed too low.
Yep
Senku thought that just a gun could stop Mozu, but it couldn't stop him. Mozu was much weaker than Hyoga who used the Kudayari spear, and Hyoga who used the Kudayari spear was much weaker than Tsukasa, which was a very logical reason. Suffice it to say that Tsukasa should be able to defeat a bullet.
I see, I take that part of my argument back then.

I wouldn’t use the term much weaker👀 but yeah you’re right

Disagree with downgrade.

You disagree with my points to ? Also, running is inherently travel speed.
movement* it’s only travel (which is a type of movement speed) after long distances are traversed. This has been explained by @Tatsumi504.

Your points mostly make sense. I know Hyoga doesn’t throw spears so the low end should get accepted instead but I can’t access the scan right now to see how Tsukasa squeezed into “0.4cm”, it’s possible he just put distance between her and the spear via a push? Maybe?, could you pls send the scan here (in picture format not imgur hyperlink) for confirmation?

movement* it’s only travel (which is a type of movement speed) after long distances are traversed. This has been explained by @Tatsumi504.
Travel speed "The speed at which a character or object can move by running"
Your points mostly make sense. I know Hyoga doesn’t throw spears so the low end should get accepted instead but I can’t access the scan right now to see how Tsukasa squeezed into “0.4cm”, it’s possible he just put distance between her and the spear via a push? Maybe?, could you pls send the scan here (in picture format not imgur hyperlink) for confirmation?
Screenshot_2023-11-24_235141.png

Travel speed "The speed at which a character or object can move by running"
Once again, it doesn't become travel speed until long distances are traversed. A character with FTL combat/reaction speed an cross short distances at that speed but can't necessarily do so for a much longer distance. This is the way this has always worked otherwise any SoL character that's unable to traverse earth 7x in a second won't have that rating.

Case of 'Character can't travel that fast, but can react to and move that fast'. As long as a distinction is made its all good

Dr Stone tries to ground itself in reality then forgets they got high schoolers that can oneshot lions

Case of 'Character can't travel that fast, but can react to and move that fast'. As long as a distinction is made its all good

Dr Stone tries to ground itself in reality then forgets they got high schoolers that can oneshot lions
My other points are seemingly being ignored.

That'd be a notable anti-feat, definitely. Calculated feat could be considered invalid, although it'd be better if this limitation of speed was expressed or shown more than once- a direct expression of limited speed is, however, notable enough when weighed against one feat.

From my perspective, this looks like an anti-feat against travel speed; not so much combat/reaction speed.

Op what you are doing is very wrong and a bit disingenuous honestly. The vote tally you are writing is completely misleading

Bold = Staff
Accept:
@Mr._Bambu , @DarkDragonMedeus @Tatsumi504

Disagree: @wwereymy235 , @Arnoldstone18
Tatsumi didn't agree with you, maybe wrong tag?. And DDM definitely did not agree with you. What exactly are you doing?

What do people think of the fact that the High Hypersonic calc in the OP relies on Tsukasa being about 420 times faster than Hyoga despite the two characters being fairly comparable in other scenes?

What do people think of the fact that the High Hypersonic calc in the OP relies on Tsukasa being about 420 times faster than Hyoga despite the two characters being fairly comparable in other scenes?
You do have a point there and it's sufficient enough to warrant a removal.
Either Hyoga's rating drops to a lower calc to indicate Tsukasa being faster or the calc gets axed

The calculation was accepted on a wrong basis anyway, even with everyone's debunks aside, this isn't a throw meaning the hhs end can't be used.

Back