• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The Thing's absorption is absurd. It ignores durability and even if Nothing There regen, it can keep on absorbing whatever Nothing There regenerates.

I don't think the Thing can kill Nothing There, but it can incapacitate it.

Doesn't Regenerationn require there to be damage to the current cells? The Thing does nothing like that, it simply takes over the existing cells by assimilating them, there's no damage being done.

It's pretty much SCP, except playable, anime, sci-fi and uh, Lobotomic.

Nothing There usually takes like a minute to come back.

@Abstractions I mean if the Thing reshapes its opponent's body even without damaging their cells it's still damage.

Well by that I meant that eventually it'd become so big that it could just constantly absorb Nothing There's regen.

Well, that's assume 8-B AP isn't enough to just flat out vaporize a 9-B. Not like Thing knows he/she/its/they're/whateverthefuck is fighting someone that ridiculously stronger than it.

Ah crap. I forgot about that.

What kinda equipment do Employees have? I'm assuming they're used to dealing with otherworldly bullshit thanks to the setting. Plus, Thing's not gonna be thinking to clearly after getting splattered given how its intelligence works. It's pieces are liable to split iff and go for weaker prey after a hit like that.

Employees have swords, guns...but also swords and guns with mindhax and very rarely death hax. I don't think they can neccessarily exterminate the Thing on their own, but they can probably beat bigger incarnations of it.

There is also plenty of 9-C clerks with no hax laying around whose only goal is to be killed by Abnormalities like The Thing, so.

Well, Death Hax will work just fine, but I'm not so sure about Mindhax. Each individual cell of it is it's own sapient entity after all.

So, how many employees are lying around? Because that's gonna limit Thing's options here if there aren't very many.

I'm pretty sure with employees the Thing can gather enough mass and replicate enough to the point it could physically overpower Nothing There through mass and assimilate that way.

We do know that Blair estimated it would take three years upon first contact for it to assimilate the entire world population, accounting just for people that's still approximately 4.5 billion, which is incredibly fast.

However, the Thing is unable to replicate non living things or material, this is important because we know it did not imitate or revive Copper after biting off both of his hands, indicating that the bleed out was too fast for the Thing to keep up with.

I think it's 5.5/10 for the Thing honestly, only because it would be nigh-impossible to kill the Thing once it reaches employees, they would be replicating each other and multiplying so Nothing There would be able to do exactly nothing to kill it.

I mean, the three years thing probably was accounting for it absorbing flies and stuff abd spreading like crazy that way.

On one hand.... If that is the case, NT could also just obliterate some of the Employees on its way since it has a tendency to do that, turning them into literal blood showers.

I also remember certain Employees having a sort of resistance to being turned into a Bee Spawn thing by body horror, but that might be more physical damage.

But I think one vital thing about employees is that... can't Administrator just call them into one spot and have them literally kill anything that approaches? Sure it's risky but at the same time they're drone like to the point that they'll be able to do that. That pretty much leads to either NT and Thing duking it on, or NT eradicating them, and then duking the Thing on.

It's weird to include employees imo

But I'm leaning more on a tie for both. But I agree with almost everything here honestly

If this fight is happening in the facility, couldn't the Thing just equip itself with weapons that can harm/contain Nothing There? I'm leaning towards the Thing for that alone. Assimilate a few employees, then just equip itself approperatly and contain NT like it normally would be.

Back