• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hell's paradise speed downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, I open this thread to note some problems in this calc.

• lightning speed was accepted without evidence or statment supporting it (this is not accepted by wiki rules in addition to the fact that it is logical to present valid reasons for considering this speed).
    • I think the conclusion regarding lightning has basis on a visual impression. In the Anime this is the only attack that is similar to lightning, , reasoning by visual impression this attack and that of the calc are drawn differently (I don't like to reason this way but if this was the scheme of the creator of the calculation it would still turn out to be problematic)​
    • Without an anime adaptation I think it's better to consider it as a Tao ray (simple energy beam) or something similar.​

• the "lightning bolt" is considered really close to Sagiri's face but in the scan I don't see anything. (Otherwise it would not explain the result being so high). The precise distance is an unknown factor.

• The attack may have been dodged and later reached the position seen in the panel. It doesn't necessarily have to have happened all at the same time I think waiting for the anime can provide more context; the feat is a bit vague.

Last edited:
Another point is that apparently they are more less relative as they can exchange blows and the guy is also doing 1 vs 2, so by this calc he would also scale to 10631 m/s while the projectile is only 556 m/s and I really doubt the guy thought that fireing a projectile 20x slower than himself was a good idea when his opponent is as fast as him.

lightning speed was accepted without evidence or statment supporting it (this is not accepted by wiki rules in addition to the fact that it is logical to present valid reasons for considering this speed).
no it wasn't, I explicitly inquired about this and it was reduced to the speed of electricity
the "lightning bolt" is considered really close to Sagiri's face but in the scan I don't see anything. (Otherwise it would not explain the result being so high). The precise distance is an unknown factor.
Yeah I will admit that on closer inspection, the perspective is a real mess here, so that is a better reason to discount it

no it wasn't, I explicitly inquired about this and it was reduced to the speed of electricity
I meant that you couldn't consider that speed even if lowered to the minimum when you have no evidence that it is electricity. Thank you for your input

I agree, to some extent. Honestly, I've thought about fixing this calculation several times, but I'm too busy to do it right now. So, the best way is to remove it for now. We still have the supersonic+ calculation left.

I agree, to some extent. Honestly, I've thought about fixing this calculation several times, but I'm too busy to do it right now. So, the best way is to remove it for now. We still have the supersonic+ calculation left.
It shouldn't be hard, I believe if we want to recalculate it we have to take the full distance the bolt made until Gabimaru position without reducing it using the first panel (even because he had no reason to wait until the last moment to move), and we should just take the bare minimum distance Gabimaru had to move in order to avoid it since we only see them when they moved a certain distance while the bolt alreay surpassed them by a lot.

It shouldn't be hard, I believe if we want to recalculate it we have to take the full distance the bolt made until Gabimaru position without reducing it using the first panel (even because he had no reason to wait until the last moment to move), and we should just take the bare minimum distance Gabimaru had to move in order to avoid it since we only see them when they moved a certain distance while the bolt alreay surpassed them by a lot.
It doesn't matter if it's difficult or easy. I'm just saying I don't have the time to do it. If you can do it yourself, then go ahead.

Yeah I will admit that on closer inspection, the perspective is a real mess here, so that is a better reason to discount it
I don't see how I could contribute any more than what DMUA said honestly (Then again, he did tell me to trust nobody, not even myself, so...)

I don't see how I could contribute any more than what DMUA said honestly (Then again, he did tell me to trust nobody, not even myself, so...)
I meant that you couldn't consider that speed even if lowered to the minimum when you have no evidence that it is electricity. Thank you for your input
this is the one point that DUMUA I think didn't understand, I have reexplained myself in this message. I just wanted to know if this point was also valid, so that this speed would be unusable momentarily for that attack, until further clarification or porve.

thx for your input

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back