• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Non-canon collection blog/notes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vs Battles exists to index fictional verses with a definite canon. As I started numerous times, definite canon can be defined by its continuity.

Then my response to Ultima is why would you even consider continuing the use of this wiki if your purpose isn't to inform anyone of anything? Why are you indexing all this information if not to be a hub for information of this type— and why do you find it rational to exclude as much info as you do despite it still being official and published content made by a company with the rights to said intellectual properties?

What's the point in refusing to provide people with more obscure information when you're already tasking yourself with providing people with obscure information that no one neither understands nor cares about in the grand scheme of things. No one gives a shit about powerscaling. And then you narrow it down to the nerds that do. No one wants to know about obscure powerscaling shit that would be cool to use, except for the people who you narrow down this niche to.

Besides, you all act like YOU'RE the ones who have to do it. All i'm Asking is that you come together and find SOME WAY to put the info somewhere. Whatever way you feel comfortable with, complex or small, whenever you feel like it— hell, just make a ******* page that gives instructions on how to make or where to put this kind of information and leave it with the ******* non-staff who want it. I'm not asking for anything more than a place to put this shit that isn't the joke wiki that no one uses for anything but memes. Ever wondered why people would rather make whole new wikis to keep stuff instead of making a blog, posting it on some section that's easily navigable here, and calling it a day? Because you don't have something like that that everyone knows about.

It simply goes against our purpose. If it's not canon in any shape or form, it does not qualify.

People want a lot of dumb shit here. Doesn't mean we should allow it.

And the fact that I am neither the first to ask for this material nor the last— that I am neither the only one interested in this material, nor the only one who wants it to be on here is proof that there should be something publicly known and useable for this type of thing. So that way, instead of just saying no, and letting information that not everyone knows be ******* gone or put someplace no one will find, there's a place for it.

Otherwise, what's the point of this wiki? I get what glass said, but why is that the cutoff point— when we can have an actual conversation about what is and isn't something worth documenting under a bigger lens than just "is it a part of a franchise or not?" And be able to solve problems easier.

People aren't likely to react as negatively to this as a no, because then they can both find and create the things that they need. Saying "who cares about this fan fiction bullshit" is just bias and not objective at all.

VenomElite said:
So if the citizens or a country want access to nuclear weapons, the government should just allow it because the country wants its citizens to be protected?
Goodness...

People can ask for fan fiction to be allowed here. Doesn't mean we will allow it. It's against the site's purpose.

You took Weekly's proposal about BBxTB and turned into this mess.

Yeah. Weekly definitely was not asking for non canon stuff to be accepted and especially not outliers and hyperboles.

Venom, that's a trash analogy.

Why have this arbitrary distinction Sera? Why have that be the purpose— if I am deliberately trying to browsing the scope of the purpose, why is your response "but our purpose is smaller than that, and being bigger is stupid." Why?

And how is an opinionated statement on the merits of something from a perspective of a person who doesn't care about the topic at all helpful or viable?

Do you even understand what I am asking?

I'm not asking for Wanked Chuck Norris, or Composite Old Man Martial Artist or anything like that.

I'm asking that, if there's a stronger version of 2B than what she is canonically that is officially endorsed and published by the creators or allowed to exist by those creators (as in it's not ******* real fanfiction), I would want to be able to come on this site and find out how strong and information pertaining to that area of interest. Why? Because I come here to learn about everything else the exact same way, only difference being whether or not they matter to a story that I already am not on this wiki to talk about from a narrative or literary perspective.

The way things should be handled is, If it's real and not fanmade, published by the actual creators, and all the other common sense important shit besides "do they acknowledge them as real in the story" then it should have a place here— if not as a full profile, as some documentation. Where the **** else are people gonna learn this shit if they wanted to know it, and if you don't care about helping people learn about this shit, why do you care about anything else revolving around helping people learn about fictional powerscaling? It's the same idea, just extended.

It can be in any way y'all feel comfortable with, just put it in a place where people can see it and look through it if they want to.

Trash? Not at all. It's a legit comparison. You're asking for something to be accepted just because the site claims to be for a particular purpose, misunderstanding the purpose entirely.

You're misinterpreting me again. My point isn't that outliers or hyperbole should be put on profiles as truth, i'm saying that they should be documented so people can KNOW about them, and not even really talking about those two things anyway, but them too.

There should be a page where we can see what the RWBY crew in BBXTT would be scaling wise, doesn't have to be a profile. There should be a page where people can find non-canon feats, outlier or not, and find those calcs so they can know they exist. This is about INFORMING people, not making anyone stronger or weaker, I give 0 ***** about that.

Venom, stop. I'm not asking for fan fiction, so can you cool off and actually come back with something actually relevant to say?

Cool off? How am I not calm? What are you panicking for? And just gonna assume I got nothing relevant to say because it does agree with you? Cool.

No, you're drawing inappropriate parallels. Published material isn't the same thing as fanfiction, and a site designed to index fictional characters based on their superhuman capabilities or lackthereof shouldn't care about whether or not it's necessarily a part of a franchise, but more about if it exists as an official, published bit of content, rather than if it's a spin-off or not. I'm not even asking for profiles.

If everyone has time to type "what's going on?!" Maybe you should try to read.

Amexim, basically, you want this crossovers rule to be inapplicable:

Profiles for crossover versions of characters from crossover games, and plot-irrelevant guest characters should NOT be allowed.

• Examples: Mario (Smash Bros.), Thor (Marvel vs. Capcom), Jason Voorhees (Mortal Kombat), and Noctis (Tekken 7) As an extension of above, UNLESS their crossover version is basically defined by the crossover.

No, i'm saying that Venom's argument isn't logically sound, disagree or agree, and the way he's typing at me along with EVERYONE else hanging up on me is kinda giving me that impression.

Want a less exaggerated example?

Giving your child a toy every time they ask for it in the store just because you want your kids to be happy.

Basically, what you're proposing is called "enabling".

And I keep going because otherwise there's no point in this wiki being anything but staff only. If someone's not gonna speak up about a concern they have regardless of the flow of opinions, then there's no point in having any input from anyone because it's all decided without you anyway, so going with it or not doesn't change shit.

My point is that it's nonsense to compare non-canon officially published material with non-canon fan created and unofficial material. And saying simply "we don't let everyone do what they want" isn't an answer to a nuanced problem. So when I interpret people as being rude or dismissive, I look at it that way because instead of talking to me normally, you jump down my throat before I even get the chance to explain, and then don't respond to any of what I keep saying even after that.

Is no one going to even contemplate the idea that maybe it's weird to treat non-canon but officially published work as unworthy of even the smallest attention when we have people who genuinely are interested in things like this. I don't remember his exact handle, but Johncena something or other makes composite fun battles all the time, using things like 4A Kaguya. Shit I wouldn't have known without him and his threads. Doesn't even have to be a real profile, but I know i'm not the only one who is interested in this trivia.

I'm simply asking for a place on here to find it, considering that it would be real, official material.

VenomElite said:
So if the citizens of a country want access to nuclear weapons, the government should just allow it because the country wants its citizens to be protected?
Anarcho-Capitalists would like to have a word with you

Can you substantiate the claim that having a resource (hell with a big ass disclaimer that says NON-CANON material on it) can be harmful in any way? Do you really understand that I am not asking for outliers to be treated as consistent, nor have I ever have? Do you understand that I am not asking for Hyperbole to be treated a fact— I never even initially used the word? Do you understand that when I ask for a note on the profile, i'm asking for something extremely small, clearly non-canon to the point where you would have to be unable to read to make that mistake? Because I have been trying to say this the entire time.

I just want documentation. I don't see how the knowledge that 4-A Kaguya in a non-canon piece of media can be harmful if her use is limited to fun and games, like all battles without profiles on this site are.

As is, nobody's stopping you from putting whatever you want in a blog. The thing is, it's just not the objective of the site to categorize non Canon stuff as official profiles. Feel free to make blogs with the file format and make whatever matches you want aith this, people just didagree with it becoming standard format.

Indexing be damned, as Cal Howard once said our vs threads are the primary attraction. And we damn sure are not about to enable people to use absolutely non canon material just so their favorite characters can be stacked.

Well, it's an indexing site, better upload the page for this character.

You can do whatever you want in your own sandboxes/blogs/threads, just don't try to add even a note of this stuff to the actual mainspace pages.

@Sera, they can literally do what you're complaining about in Fun & Games anyway. I was gonna day that they would be restricted to that by default as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back