• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Noita CRT: Getting Noita'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonStarFallen

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
General Stuff
All Noita characters should get Resistance to Transmutation due to resisting the Draught of Midas, a liquid that transmutes everything it touches into Gold. This upgrades the Touch Of spells accordingly. (In case people doubt the veridity of this, there is a type of damage in the game meant to represent transmutation called Midas damage, so, yeah)

Poison should get Resistance Negation due to bypassing the Toxic Immunity perk, which can handle any toxic attack or toxicity, regardless of their potency.

Polymorphine and similar effects should get Resistance Negation, Power Nullification and Ressurection Negation, as it not only ignores any and all stacks of Stainless Armor, which slow down the effects of Midas damage, but also remove every Perk you currently have, which includes all of the Immunities and Extra Life perks.

Curse Damage should get Deconstruction, as Venomous Curse describes it as wasting away the target.

Bosses should get resistance to Existence Erasure for resisting the Destruction spell.

Bosses are also resistant to both Pheromonium, Flummoxium and Teleportatium, giving them resistance to Fragrance Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, Teleportation and BFR

The Noita's stuff
The Noita's tier needs some updates.

They should have a "Up to High 5-A
" with Wands, due to the Omega Black Hole spell, which is by far the strongest spell in the game, so nothing else would really scale (Proof for the legitimacy of the Black Hole is in the blog). They should also have a "Potentially Higher with Wands and Perks" end, not only because of crazy Wand combos that can do nearly infinite damage, such as those with Gold to Power, but also because some Perks can stack, indefinetly. This includes Never Skip Leg Day (Which increases your damage additively and knockback exponentially), and with Parallel Worlds at play, the Noita has, essencially, infinite perks to use. Thus, he should have a Potentially Higher end to account for those possibilities.

His preparation end should be "High 5-A, up to High 3-A". 5-A due to creating the Dark Sun, while High 3-A is from completing The Work, which, as the profile already states, transmutes the entire world into Gold, including all the infinite parallel worlds.

The normal Black Hole spell is described as a "orb of void", and it deletes any enviroment it touches, so it should be "Limited Void Manipulation".

His Immunities Perks should also be listed as Invulnerability as well. The profile states The Noita to have High 8-C durability against explosions, however, it is closer to High 3-A more than anything, as any amount of damage, no matter if it is 1 or 1 quintillion or even higher, is stopped, as long as it is from a type of Immunity the Noita has. This is futher proved by stat boosts increasing the radius of explosions, meaning damage is a valid measure of Attack Potency.

It should be noted that Stainless Armor can stack indefinetly, meaning the Noita can turn, effectively, immune to damage with enough stacks. Stainless Armor also grants resistance to Midas damage, including damage from the New Sun, which is implied to be nuclear fusion, meaning Resistance to Transmutation and Matter Manipulation.

More Love and More Hate should be Mind Manipulation for making everyone in the world either more or less aggressive.

Weakening Curses should be Resistance Negation for making enemies more vulnerable to things they would otherwise be resistant against.

The previously mentioned Venomous Curse is a spell the Noita can use, so Deconstruction for him too.

Personal Tentacler should be Biology Manipulation

Statistics Aplification with Faster Movement, Faster Levitation, Glass Canon and Living On The Edge for obvious reasons

Power Mimicry with Angry Ghost, which allows him to copy his and other enemies's projectiles.

Damage Field can bypass Attack Reflection.

Resistance to Mind Manipulation with Iron Stomach, allows The Noita to resist Flummoxium's effects while drinking it.

Some effects should have Infinite range, such as More Love, More Hatred, More Gravity, Feared By Worms, Fungal Reality Shift and other such examples, as they affect the entire map, including the infinite parallel worlds.

Ambrosia should have resistance to Resistance Negation and Invulnerability Negation, as it allows The Noita to block Blood Orb damage.

Upgraded Non-Physical Interaction for interacting with the Houre, whose name is literally Dellirium and phase through everything, likely a living hallucination

Resistance to Fragrance Manipulation for the Noita never being affected by Pheromones

Self-Sustenance (Type 2) because the "Eat Your Vegetables" Perk is needed for starving to death to be possible

Reality Warping, Law Manipulation, Physics Manipulation and Transmutation via Reality Shifts, which alter the rules of the cosmos to permanently transmute one material into another. This can have physics breaking consequences, such as turning flammable gas into acid, creating infinite amounts of acid.

New Key
The Noita should obtain a new key for winning the game with 34 orbs, with:

High 3-A durability. Not only does his HP get infinite, but any amount of damage is simply shrugged off. It's as if he has one of the previously mentioned Immunities, but for anything in the game.

Resistance to everything in the game, as nothing can kill him while in this state. Includes:

Fire Manipulation, Magma Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Paralysis Inducement, Ice Manipulation, Temperature Manipulation, Acid Manipulation, Thread Manipulation, Transmutation, Poison Manipulation, Curse Manipulation, Deconstruction, Radiation Manipulation, Necromancy, Resurrection (All the boss resistances)

Damage Transferal (Blood Magic from the Mesterian Mestari)

Invulnerability, Resurrection and Resistance Negation, Power Nullification (From many things, but mainly Polymorphine)

Matter Manipulation (Can survive the Sun's Midas damage, representing Nuclear Fusion)

Existence Erasure (Immune to Destruction)

Black Hole Creation, Gravity Manipulation (Surviving Omega Black Hole and the Dark Sun)

Teleportation, BFR (Resisting teleportating attacks)

Light Manipulation, Plasma Manipulation (Various projectile spells)

Probability Manipulation (Cursed Sphere)

Mind Manipulation (Flummoxium)

Sense Manipulation, Power Modification, Body Puppetry, Life Manipulation (Via resisting Status Effects)

Ehhh. Neutral on the Black Hole being legitimate but given Wok accepts it, I will count it as accepted for now. Because of this, the tier change is fine. I'd like to see about a Varies key, to be honest, since even 8-C is based on just picking a random spell and going with it. Could work for Durability, but there is (obviously) plenty of variation in the potencies of spells.

As The Work is hax, it should not scale to tiering. That is a question of range rather than potency, one feels.

I agree with Invulnerability.

Ehhh I disagree with resistance to Transmutation, given we can literally see the man get Transmuted many times. There are far more anti-feats to counteract against the potential feat presented here.

Empathic Manip, but that's close anywho.

Venomous Curse, Personal Tentacler, and Stat Amp are fine, though the weaknesses of perks should be listed somehow (like Glass Cannon, obviously).

...isn't Angry Ghost just Summoning, while the summon itself has Power Mimicry?

Neutral on Damage Field.

Iron Stomach is more like a self-bio manip ability, I think. It doesn't stop Mind Manipulation, it stops all negative effects from ingested materials, implying it isn't the ability of the material but rather the body blocking them out.

Neutral on infinite range, leaning towards acceptance- it's just very hard to actually prove it has infinite range from the getgo on all infinite worlds rather than just the area around the Noita.

I'm not certain I understand the logic of Ambrosia's abilities. Yes, it blocks Blood Orb fuckery, but the Blood Orb just deals damage back to you based on how much you deal to it, yes?

Neutral to the Houre.

As goofy as it is, I agree with the Eat Your Vegetables thing.

I'm not sure I understand why Law Manipulation is being brought up. I can kind of understand Physics Manip, in that the physical properties of things are being changed, but that is likely covered by Transmutation.

I agree with the final changes outside of those that contradict my above stances.

As The Work is hax, it should not scale to tiering. That is a question of range rather than potency, one feels.
Fair.
Ehhh I disagree with resistance to Transmutation, given we can literally see the man get Transmuted many times. There are far more anti-feats to counteract against the potential feat presented here.
I assume this is for the Stainless Armor thing, in which case you can actually survive every transmutation ability in the game, including completing the Work, with enough Stainless Armor. Polymorphine is the only thing that bypasses it.
...isn't Angry Ghost just Summoning, while the summon itself has Power Mimicry?
Right, that makes sense. I'd just like it like "Summoning (Angry Ghost summons a red ghost that can copy projectile attacks)" and link Power Mimicry there.
Iron Stomach is more like a self-bio manip ability, I think. It doesn't stop Mind Manipulation, it stops all negative effects from ingested materials, implying it isn't the ability of the material but rather the body blocking them out.
Hm, I guess. Honestly you could argue Iron Stomach is closer to some limited Hammerspace thing, considering you'll still vomit billions of times your body mass if you've eaten the appropiate amount.
I'm not certain I understand the logic of Ambrosia's abilities. Yes, it blocks Blood Orb fuckery, but the Blood Orb just deals damage back to you based on how much you deal to it, yes?
Because Blood Orb actually ignores your immunities, so damaging it with explosions will still kill you even with Explosion Immunity. Ambrosia is the only thing in the game that can block that.
I'm not sure I understand why Law Manipulation is being brought up. I can kind of understand Physics Manip, in that the physical properties of things are being changed, but that is likely covered by Transmutation.
Because of the line "The Rules of the Cosmos have shifted", though I can see why that would be vague.

I'll try to make it clear what I'm replying to this time.

I assume this is for the Stainless Armor thing, in which case you can actually survive every transmutation ability in the game, including completing the Work, with enough Stainless Armor. Polymorphine is the only thing that bypasses it.
Huh. If that's true then I'll tentatively agree with your proposal for now, honestly I'd never noticed that since most polymorphing comes from Polymorphine in my experience.

Because Blood Orb actually ignores your immunities, so damaging it with explosions will still kill you even with Explosion Immunity. Ambrosia is the only thing in the game that can block that.
Perhaps, but it isn't necessarily dealing explosion damage back to you. It's just dealing general damage equal to the amount dealt.

Because of the line "The Rules of the Cosmos have shifted", though I can see why that would be vague.
Very much so, yeah. I'd rather leave that out without further context which we're unfortunately unlikely to get, given the game.

My view is basically the same as Bambu's, although more concretely on the OP's side in relation to the Blood Orbs, given how that feels pretty conclusive, at least to me.

On the transmutation end, I did go and test with ~30 stainless armor and a ton of health. Polymorphine sidesteps it entirely, but you can eventually just tank the work and Touch Of spells. I was the one who originally suggested the draught of midas transmutation resist, so I agree with that.

Fungal shifting being law manip would explain how it prevents the shifted material from ever existing again without shifts, actually. Water trail when water is shifted away not spawning water can be explained by that "laws of the cosmos" thing being literal.

Ambrosia would resist resistance negation either way. You can't overcome it with a bunch of weakening curse.

While 2 admins and a knowledgeble member seems like enough imput, applying this without some more feels wrong, so, bump.

Well, figures no one else was gonna imput and basically all knowledgeble members gave imput, so I just added stuff. Closing it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back