• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Agnaa said:
The electrical based distinction is really important, since that's how we do hax on this wiki. You don't get immunity to all mindhax for being immune to electricity-based mindhax. You don't resist Type 2 concept manip because your verse only has Type 3 concept manip.

For the second part, Medaka could only do that with Zenkichi's presence/motivation. Since he's not involved in the fight, that's not really applicable.
That's a false equivolence, and you know it. In Medaka Box, thought are biological, so mind hax is biological and electric based. Verse equalistion means that he resistence to mind hax carries over to other kinds as they are equivolent.

He definitely contributed, but he was not the soul reason. Besides, its been a while since i read that part so I'll need to double check, but I'm not even sure she finished unbrainwashing herself when she managed to undo the mind hax

Iapitus The Impaler said:
That's a false equivolence, and you know it. In Medaka Box, thought are biological, so mind hax is biological and electric based. Verse equalistion means that he resistence to mind hax carries over to other kinds as they are equivolent.

He definitely contributed, but he was not the soul reason. Besides, its been a while since i read that part so I'll need to double check, but I'm not even sure she finished unbrainwashing herself when she managed to undo the mind hax
If you want to change Medaka's profile to an immunity to all mindhax, go ahead and make that CRT. But right now, it only applies to electricity-based mindhax.

I'll need to read that part too, but luckily whether she can overcome this mindhax or not, my vote for Noise wont change.

There is no demonstration of AF working on transmutation, petrification, or similar abilities (sealing).

Agnaa said:
If you want to change Medaka's profile to an immunity to all mindhax, go ahead and make that CRT. But right now, it only applies to electricity-based mindhax.

I'll need to read that part too, but luckily whether she can overcome this mindhax or not, my vote for Noise wont change.
Honestly it doesn't change anything. Yes, it is electricity based mind hax, but by verse equalisation that is all mind hax.

Honestly it doesn't change anything. Yes, it is electricity based mind hax, but by verse equalisation that is all mind hax.
That's not at all how verse equalization works, but if a thread agrees that it is how verse equalization works, I'll relent.

Why does it matter how they died? Kumagawa has already shown that AF works on transmutation as was seen when he undid wounds from Emukae. Most of his head was already mealted anyway so the state of his brain doesn't really change it. So there are 2 options here:

Does the transmutation make Medaka Brain dead?

If No, then Medaka just undoes the damage with All Fiction. Since AF already has been shown to work on transmutation.

If Yes, then All Fiction can already undo damage when Kumagawa goes brain dead, and the way in which they died doesn't matter since it has already shown to be capable of undoing such injuries, so she wakes back up.

Sealing is still valid tho

Because "petrification" usually doesn't exactly count as dying, but it would still pause brain function until they're un-petrified.

AF does work on transmutation but that doesn't mean it would automatically activate when transmutated.

I'm in general extremely uncomfortable in saying that self-resurrection makes characters immune to transmutation, without it showing that effect. Kind of like how I'd think absorption wouldn't automatically trigger All-Fiction.

If melting the brain with transmutation doesn't stop them from thinking or using All Fiction, why would turning the brain to stone with transmutation be any different?

If they go brain dead, then it does. If they can still think, then it also does.

Depends on the method. Here, with what we know, it clearly does. If Medaka is thinking while she is being absorbed, then she can undo it. If she just gets absorbed into the same mind almost instantly, then it probably would not undo it. However, with what happened with Oudo while he was absorbing her powers and mind, idk how well that would turn out.

I don't think Kumagawa's brain was completely melted away into an unusable state.

Transmutation to stone usually stops people from thinking but I don't think it's considered as killing.

This isn't going to go anywhere with us discussing it, I'll make a thread.

He was unfased by the part that was, and stabbed a dagger into his own brain but was unfased.

If they cannot think, then they are brain dead. If they can think, then they are not brain dead and Medaka AF's back.

Aight

I don't think either of those would have put their brains in completely unusable states. Harmed for sure, but they could still think.

The thread's up here.

I'm pretty sure AF is a passive thing though, such as when any user of AF "dies" the cause of them dying is removed.

I want to say that Medaka and Co resist to Mindhax since when Kuma Erased all the memories of Shiranui in the school, she still remembers of her.

I dont think being brain dead matters for all fiction

Kumagawa had his head stomped and it literally popped and he still came back

It is agreed that Medaka can come back from petrification through All Fiction
Yep, so she'd probably tank the petrification, come back, and then get relatively serious and be able to take care of Noise. Voting Medaka.

I don't think Medaka would just sit there and take it after being petrified.

How is the absorption carried out?

"Drags" needs to be elaborated on. What range does it have? Is it over time or instant?

How durable are these tentacles?

If Noise is 8-C and Medaka's 8-B, that's an over 40x difference in AP. Once she gets free from the petrification Medaka would be able to one-shot.

What can Noise do to Medaka from the air?

Absorb (this would bring them close together, however), petrify her, and keep petrifying her for 24 hours (he may not have the stamina), or seal (recommended).

Absorbing would indeed bring them closer. Medaka automatically gets out of petrification and would probably use her ranged attack (ice fire) if she kept getting petrified. How does the sealing work?

So it just seals you in a rock that's possibly on another planet

Medaka can just af out of the rock and since she stated she copied a good amount of Ajimu's skills she probably has alibi lock and can just travel back to earth.

If by "like absorption" you mean it requires tentacles to drag Medaka in, then all of Noise's wincons are pretty bad. He can't win without bringing Medaka close to him, where she'd one-shot the tentacles and Noise.

Voting Medaka. She'd tank the petrify, all fiction out of it, be able to one-shot Noise, and none of Noise's other wincons are viable.

Back