• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nocturne vs. Naraku

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Matt I can make a CRT but the change has been agreed on and approved for over a year now just never added for some reason

It was agreed on over a year ago

>Agreed on a Discussion thread not a CRT

>Still no evidence of said thread

I checked said discussion thread and the word Regenerationn was never mentioned.

Again with the addition of abilities mid debate without a CRT. Like come on Weekly, his lore just got updated, the least you could do is make a CRT to highlight any changes or updates.

Towards the end of the Rune Wars, desperate for victory, cabals of warrior-mages sought any advantage they could find over their foes. Although no record names the first of them to cast off their flesh and enter the spirit realm, it is known that they came to stalk one another not only on the battlefield, but in landscapes shaped by their own subconscious thoughts and emotions. Unconstrained by the laws of physical reality, they fought in ways that more mundane minds could scarcely comprehend, even conjuring subtle, etheric assassins to do their bidding. Shadow mages seemed particularly skilled at such things—and so it was, for a time, that they came to dominate the spirit realm, casting it into twilight. The thoughts of mortals everywhere were touched by this darkness. It sapped their morale and infected their dreams, with nameless fears hounding them day and night, driving some to commit ever more horrendous acts against their own kin. No one can say for certain whether all this suffering created Nocturne from nothing, or if it merely corrupted a lesser assassin-construct into something more willful and deadly, but the shadowy creature that resulted was one of insubstantial form and fathomless dread. Nocturne understood nothing of kindness, honor, or nobility—it was terror made manifest, with none of the restraint necessary to control itself.

This demonic creature howled within the spirit realm, and set upon those foolish, errant mages who had given it life, thrashing in desperation for an end to its own suffering. It was in pain, and that pain made it cruel, but it quickly acquired a taste for mortal fear. Time has little meaning in that other place, but Nocturne dragged out each and every pursuit for as long as possible, savoring the prey's anguish before cutting their life's silvery thread in an instant. Soon enough, there were none left who dared to enter Nocturne's domain.

Would the outcome of the Rune Wars have been different if the demon had not played its part beyond the veil? It is difficult to say for certain, but afterwards, what little remained of the lore of shadow magic was hidden away, and its practice carried the sentence of death in many lands.

Trapped in the spirit realm, and with precious few intruders to sustain it, Nocturne began to starve. The only thing close to the delectable feasts of fear it had once tasted was when mortal minds unknowingly drifted through the ether in the hours of sleep. Drawn on currents of magic to where the two realms divide—and where peaceful dreams can easily become night terrors—Nocturne found a way to manifest itself into the waking world.

Existing now as a shade, eyes burning with cold light, Nocturne has become a sinister reflection of the most primal fears of the many peoples of Runeterra.
From the bustling cities to the desolate plains, from the mightiest king to the lowliest peasant, the demon is drawn to any weakness of spirit it can twist into mortal terror, and everlasting darkness.

No real suggestions for Mid-Godly regen as far as I see.

And as far as Mid-Low Regen, it was always there since when Weekly made the profile and wasn't changed until Weekly without reason decided that Mid-Low was now Mid-Godly.

I'm not experienced enough on either, but Weekly is making a lot of sense here and I haven't seen anything but off-topic chat and misinformation to debate his bigger points. I'll vote Noct.

Even using the current lore, which is more than generous to Nocturne he shouldnt be able to down Naraku. Much less when we account for Dream Realm Nocturne not even being applicable due to Narakus properties - and the newer lore sounds, if anything, like a weaker version of Nocturne. So I vote for Naraku

Just going to point out that Noc is undergoing revisions and this is about to become outdated on top of using an impossible scenario with a form of nocturne that is featless

Also gotta love how people definitely arent reading the arguments as it was made very clear that Naraku would instantly lose via self bfr

Seems like a good reason to lock/redo once revisions are made/if it is fair, yes?

Leaving nocturne's realm isn't self bfr though, due to OP not putting them there.

It's not his realm though it's literally just a dream. Plus dream realm nocturne is now featless as of the lore update

That's not the stsrtingnlocation in the thread though, unless OP feels like doing it

Should thread be closed then?

@Wok Its physically impossible for Dream Realm Nocturne to exist in the real world, this was actually blatantly stated in the lore

By what grounds would the thread be closed tho?

Dream Realm Nocturne allows for the strongest version of Nocturne. It just got realized that he has no access to the location where his strongest version may be usable.

So whatever he can do outside of pulling Naraku to the dream, he still can do.

Which is how I understood the OP and how I argued for the most part.

@Raven Dream Realm Nocturne isn't the strongest, its the weakest, its completely featless and we have no idea how it works or what it can do

Yes, as this thread was going on the lore was updated and his dream realm form got an overhaul that made it featless and extremely vague

We can ignore stuff like that due to SBA weekly, note the example of one character having it be day while other has it night, and stuff like that.

One of the characters having no feats is problematic for matchmaking, and after this thread it's a better idea to just sort out the verse and make a less bad redux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back