• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Nobody calls me tubby!" (Spongebob vs Patrick Star)

Sans2345

He/Him
Both 9-B

speed equalized

both bloodlusted

battle to the death

battle takes place outside of the krusty krab

both are in-character but wanting to kill each other

SBA

Spongebob: 4 (Pshychomaster35) (Pepper14832) (Insecurity97) (Kiryu2012)

Patrick Star: 0

They stop fighting and become friends: 0

Music

Patrick
Spongebob (1)

VS

Well, Spongebobs got this in the bag. Both might be consistently shown to be equal in most, but Spongebob has a few key advantages that make him win, such as being Smarter, better abilities, and more experience.

Is it even necessary to equalize speed?

I guess Spongebob via being smarter, but otherwise they're quite even.

Patrick really can't hurt Spongebob because of his spongy physiology as shown when Flats attempted to with no avail, Spongebob even suggesting how much it tickled.

Partick may be stronger physically, but I don't see him working around that as he isn't the best problem solver.

Except, he only knocked him down from what that scene shows, and he has feats of being resistant to blunt force as I've already mentioned, as Flats punched him for a day straight and did absolutely nothing but tire himself out.

The clip you originally showed me never showed a black eye, so I'm not misrepresenting anything.

Also a clear inconsistency, Patrick should not be able to hurt him with punches because of his physiology. It's that simple.

He did have a black eye in the actual episode, but it only lasted a couple seconds. Either way, the sponge still has other feats of absorption

Having an amorphous physiology doesn't render you completely immune to blunt force injury. Spongebob can still be hurt with sufficient force, as he has been harmed on numerous occasions.

@Insecurity That's Regenerationn

Except when that's the exact intention?

Flats physically caved his face in, which is much more than Patrick did in the scene you provided.

He's more than ready for this.

Now that's misrepresentation, there's clearly no evidence of actual damage done to Spongebob as his body simply reacts to how it would react should you press your finger into sponge, hence how his face was caved i.

There's no reason for Partick's punches to be any different.

As I will say, again, is inconsistent.

They spent more time fleshing out his ability to ignore blunt force than they did with that interaction, thus it should take more precedence over Patrick's punch as what he withstood in Bully was physically more impressive.

Back