• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

No More Heroes CRT - I ran out of quirky names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Just a boatload of ability additions and some stat upgrades prompted by my replaying of the series.

No More Heroes​

A stats upgrade and a lot of P&A, some of it born from me replaying through bits of TSA as the DLC characters.
  • Thanks to this calculation, the NMH1 High 8-C rating is replaced by 8-B, which scales to... a lot of people, even TSA people will have an "higher" rating alongside the 8-B one and so will everyone who scales to that Travis like Kamui. Note that while this feat might seem a little outlierish at a glance Letz Shake was going to use a similar-sized shockwave to attack Travis considering they were that far apart, and obviously the concept of using Earthquakes in a combat setting would probably imply a similar level of AP. Also the Speed Buster 9-A feat is done with the very end of the beam, while like 90% of it was deflected, so it's likely it would be way higher especially considering Speed Buster completely destroyed the city she's fought in with those beams, although it was done overtime, the damage done to singular buildings is still quite impressive.
  • Some really weird limited Technological Manipulation???
  • Addition to Travis' NPI and Attack Reflection - He can also reflect energy projectiles without using his sword.
  • Dr. Peace kinda hints that he sensed Travis' bloodlust here so likely ESP
  • Travis's Extrasensory Perception/Bloodlust stuff is moved to the first game as he could sense Shinobu's bloodlust.
    • The context of this is that Shinobu's bloodlust would have made it so he could never have attacked her from behind so she gets ESP too.
  • Shinobu addition to Stealth Mastery, could successfully hide her identity as an assassin from her classmates until Travis showed up, and seemingly planned to continue her life as a student after killing them, and passing as innocent in that regard would have been pretty difficult in itself. This does count as Stealth Mastery now btw
  • Acrobatics for Holly Summers. She can run over the large pits she digs without breaking her stride and always lands on her feet after blowing herself up with a landmine.
  • Minor Preparation for Speed Buster, who seemingly hired a squad of thugs to attack Travis during her boss battle. You could argue this applies to almost everyone but on the other hand, IDK if I can see someone like Shinobu hiring thugs to attack Travis so I think those might just be randos that jumped him. Fighting him while there's a laser apocalypse going on, in a city that's otherwise completely abandoned, though? I think it's fairly safe to say they work for her lmao.
  • Attack Reflection for Bad Girl who can bat her goons back if you reflect them

NMH 2

TSA

• Characters get "likely far higher combat speed" regarding their DD speed based off Shinobu stating that her sword is faster than ETS' electricity. Unfortunately cannot be given a solid rating.
  • Resurrection for Travis Touchdown, as well as Low-Godly overtime and Dimensional Travel??????? I mean it sounds wild but it does explain what's going on in the section late into NMH3 where Travis is killed and comes back after a weird trippy section. So, uh, yep! I guess he has that now, and Deathman was some semi-symbolic hallucination, which does make sense when you think about it! Kinda! It also happens in TSA, I interpreted that cutscene as symbolic, not literal, but I guess it was! I don't even think he's aware of it, but he does have it! And I don't know if it even helps with matches considering he was already in a coffin and that probably took a few days, although it is faster in TSA so maybe it does! But, boy, does he have it!
    • Also, this means the Self-Sustenance Type 1 is moved to Travis' TSA key since he could breathe just fine on Mars
  • The Resistance to Death Manipulation the TSA PCs get becomes Resistance to Life Manipulation. Cause like, that's what it is. Also applies to Garcia Hotspur and Johnson.
  • Bad Girl has a huge iron ball in her equipment
  • Every PC gets several meters of range and Vibration Manipulation since they all do shockwaves with their heavy air attack, and their Rush Mode attacks or whatever they're called have even more range than that.
  • Shinobu has Darkness Manipulation with Isamiashi-Shinobu
  • Bad Girl has minor Air Manipulation with Prospect
  • All bosses get Superhuman Stamina by virtue of being able to have a short conversation after having their head stabbedby Shinobu.
    • Smoking King and Eight Hearts survive their battle with whatever PC they're fighting so Mid Regeneration for them.
  • Electro Triple Star gets Resistance to Electricity Manipulation, the dude is immune to the effects of his own chip if you go back and fight him with it. I don't have any showings of this cause I encountered it in my own playthrough and I haven't found any footage of it on YT but like, c'mon is it so hard to believe
  • Possibly Cyborgization for Mr. Doppelganger, who could have done that if the game had the budget. He also could have made 100 copies of himself, but no budget, again.
  • Data Manipulation and Reality Warping for Bugs who can make things "bugged" and prevent them from working properly.
  • 4th Wall Awareness for Akari Tsukiyono
  • Extrasensory Perception for Smoking King who sensed Travis' bloodlust
  • 4th Wall Awareness too since he's aware he's in a videogame, even that Travis' world is one.
  • Water Walking for Kosuke Kurumizawa
  • Travis' Aura should get removed as it's just something Badman sees cause of his ESP.
  • Stealth Mastery for NMH3 Henry, who could follow Shinobu all the way to Travis' hideout without her noticing- This is despite her being a ninja and all that.
  • Notorious has a Villain Autosearch System which tells him where bad guys pop up at any time. Precognition?
  • 4th Wall Awareness for Shinobu
  • Silver Face gets minor Air Manipulation since his punches leave air swirling around it
  • I'm not... sure if this counts but Social Influencing for Silver Face who manages to almost convince Shinobu that she's a videogame character. Now obviously she is, and the way he does this is really weird and meta, so... idk, but he still almost convinced her of something that was not real, within the story of TSA. I did not screenshot the full conversation mind you, I missed a few sentences, but that's the gist of it.

NMH 3

Oh also, I should mention this, I think that by the second half of NMH2 the new 8-B+ rating can upscale into 8-A, since it's 81% of 8-A already, and Travis grows in power noticeably twice, first one is where he states he's gotten stronger between games, and the second one is the key split, where he beats someone who stomped a dozen people who were on the level of the assassins he fought before.

This is probably enough approval but will bump a couple more times.

I have one more CRT planned but that'd require a blog and all so that's happening in like, not soon

Because that dude is not as large as a universe, and even if he was it wouldn't scale to physicals, and that universe isn't even 3-A in size

"Universe" was used pretty informally to refer to the dimensional space inside the boss. Even if it did scale to anything the best it'd probably be is what, 4-A on account of having a skybox filled with distant stars? The space is pretty weirdly defined anyway. Travis gets sent there off-screen before he says that the space is "inside him (the boss), we're basically in his "universe." Travis does -seem- to be ejected from the dimension when the boss dies since he shows back up on Mr Blackhole's ship, with no real explanation. Not that I'm arguing for the feats validity, this is just a long bump if nothing else.

Honestly, NMH scaling always comes from the silliest of places. Half of 1s scaling comes from the death of a boss you don't even fight, 3s comes from a mini-boss who's unquantifiable weaker than any of the games actual bosses, all of which are unquantifiable weaker than Fu, and most of the main cast by the time the game's over, etc. It's kinda funny.

... To actually post on topic though, I've not played TSA in a while, would/could the low-godly regen apply to Bad Girl too, since she was explicitly resurrected by the Death Drive and empowered by it, or was that resurrection more of a one time deal? It's Suda so there's probably no definitive answer, let alone enough proof since she never actually gets physically injured by anything post-revival. The ability takes too long to be useful in a fight anyway, so it hardly matters much either way, but I thought I'd ask,

"Universe" was used pretty informally to refer to the dimensional space inside the boss. Even if it did scale to anything the best it'd probably be is what, 4-A on account of having a skybox filled with distant stars? The space is pretty weirdly defined anyway. Travis gets sent there off-screen before he says that the space is "inside him (the boss), we're basically in his "universe." Travis does -seem- to be ejected from the dimension when the boss dies since he shows back up on Mr Blackhole's ship, with no real explanation. Not that I'm arguing for the feats validity, this is just a long bump if nothing else.
It would be 4-A, but Blackhole's pocket dimension does not scale to him
... To actually post on topic though, I've not played TSA in a while, would/could the low-godly regen apply to Bad Girl too, since she was explicitly resurrected by the Death Drive and empowered by it, or was that resurrection more of a one time deal?
It was a different case yeah, she was resurrected by a wish while Travis just kinda, absorbed its powers. Which is weird since, provably, that did not happen with the other people who used the DD, since Badman died and has not come back.

just emulate it 4head

I feel like this has enough staff approval.
yeah it does i am just incredibly lazy, as before applying this i would need to rework the smiths' profile and that shit is weirdly ****** hard

Yeah sure, just give me like ten more No More Heroes games and it should be no biggie

Also fun fact, the 5-A rating is actually consistent with the DAEMON X MACHINA crossover, I played it recently and the god tiers are 5-A via a moon drop. I doubt it can be used for scaling of course, even if they specifically mention that it's from their universe, but it is neat. They also would probably be Class M, which makes it even funnier. Not FTL, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back