• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

No backwards scaling for Accelerator (ToAru)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remind me how these threads work again.
Are they user vote based or do a certain number of mods need to approve?

Remind me how these threads work again.
Are they user vote based or do a certain number of mods need to approve?
Of those staff members (Thread Mods, Admins or higher) who decide to vote on a thread, the majority needs to approve. And at least 1 such staff member, besides the thread creator, needs to vote.

Of those staff members (Thread Mods, Admins or higher) who decide to vote on a thread, the majority needs to approve. And at least 1 such staff member, besides the thread creator, needs to vote.
Oh, then if we have 2 mods that agree with OP already and it's been open for weeks then the thread is probably concluded. I don't think we're gonna get much more input.

Unless someone goes around and personally asks more staff to contribute that is likely the case. (I already posted the thread in the staff convo, but as expected it didn't get much interest)
Still like to at least reply to all arguments. At least until they become hopelessly circular.

That aside, there's the question of earlier.
One thought I had is that we probably would also need to revise Accel's speed, right? I'm in particular thinking about the speed of forms that haven't fought angels yet.
Those in turn could influence speed ratings of others, like Kakine.

I think pre-headshot would still scale above Gunha. So Massively Hypersonic. Post-Headshot, too.
Anything higher one could scale him to (assuming the no backwards scaling thing goes through)? One could maybe argue his Black Wings form should already be above saints due to the cosmic hierarchy, although that is kinda questionable.
If I get no more input on that matter I will probably apply it with Gunha scaling sometime tomorrow or so, since I don't know what else I could list and that was IIRC how Accel scaled before the backwards scaling was applied.

Nice! Now, all we need left is to get the 8-A CRT for Toaru to be done with, and to my knowledge, everything CRT worthy (for now) in the ToAru-Verse would be done with.

I'm overall neutral on the issue provided by the OP, not that it matters.
But first: One thought I had is that we probably would also need to revise Accel's speed, right?
As long as your arguments aren't about his fights with the variable known as Kamijou Touma who runs on Stan Lee logic, then sure.
One could maybe argue his Black Wings form should already be above saints due to the cosmic hierarchy, although that is kinda questionable.
I would absolutely agree that his wings scale above Saints in some form, per Index's statement.
Something like demonic wings had grown there, but they were gone without a trace. His
clothes did not even look damaged.

“(The field resembled Telesma, but the substance was different. Demonology just uses
normal Telesma in a different way. And that was so much power I’m not sure even a
Saint could handle it all...)”
  • Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 13 Epilogue
So Massively Hypersonic. Post-Headshot, too.
Post-Headshot Accelerator with wind tornados considered which of the two Angels to blitz in the moment their swords were about to clash, which by this site's scaling would still put him at sub-rel.
Accelerator was like a blast wave from an explosion, blowing away the snow from the ground, he charged towards the two angels. In the moment before their weapons were about to clash, Accelerator considered which entity he should get rid of first. However he came to the conclusion that since both of them were winged monsters, there was no point in aiding either side, and he leapt between the two, using his Reflection ability to attack the angels by redirecting their own blows at themselves.

BOOM!! The sound of explosions rang throughout the air. Against the doll-like angel of ice, Reflection was largely ineffective. Even though he used Reflection, the wings of ice were like soft candy, as they were bent out of shape, they were sent flying towards the forests, sending up ice and dirt as they went along.
  • Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 21 Chapter 8, Part 7

Nice! Now, all we need left is to get the 8-A CRT for Toaru to be done with, and to my knowledge, everything CRT worthy (for now) in the ToAru-Verse would be done with.
There is a lot more tbh. (e.g. Frillsand needs a second key and I think we have to finish the Mind/Soul hax Grimoire revision) But aside from the "should Accel scale to the opponents durability"-thing it should be much much less controversial than this.
Also, it's crazy that we still have no Lilith profile, though that's not a CRT issue.
I'm overall neutral on the issue provided by the OP, not that it matters.

As long as your arguments aren't about his fights with the variable known as Kamijou Touma who runs on Stan Lee logic, then sure.

I would absolutely agree that his wings scale above Saints in some form, per Index's statement.

• Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 13 Epilogue

Post-Headshot Accelerator with wind tornados considered which of the two Angels to blitz in the moment their swords were about to clash, which by this site's scaling would still put him at sub-rel.

• Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 21 Chapter 8, Part 7
Yeah, scaling Black Wings above saints should be reasonable. I agree.

And the version that fights the angels obviously scales to the angels. Not arguing against that either. It's the base version of the keys before that I'm thinking about mostly.

So, while applying the edit I stumbled over Accels LS justification and noticed that it is... weird.
So I made a quick thread about it. You guys will be happy to hear that it's mostly an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back