• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Accelerator Lifting Strength Revision

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
So while I was in the process of applying the last approved revision for Accelerator I had to redo the keys and realized that his lifting strength justification is... lacking.

The current justification is weird. It's things like "Class Z by being comparable to AP". AP and LS are different stats, so what would that even mean? I suspect it's a remnant from when the stats were different and refers to the feat where Accel slowed down Earth and suggests that this would equate to roughly Class Z LS. That's weird but technically kinda fine. Would need reformulation, though.

Then there are portions about scaling to the opponent's durability. All other problems with that aside, as durability and LS are different units (energy vs force) it is unclear how one even scales durability to LS.

Then there are the Class 100 and Class K stats for his LS without vector control. The page gives no explanation for those at all and I have no idea where they might come from.

So what do I suggest we do? Well, something completely different.
As you can see in the durability section of the page Accel's vector redirection ability is accepted as High Complex Multiverse level. That is due to the fact that he can redirect forces like Coronzon's Flaming_Sword. In other words his ability to just redirect vectors/forces/energy is at such a level.
Hence his LS should be 'Immeasurable' via vector control. Accel's ability would allow him to lift basically anything with effectively Tier 1 strength. No matter how heavy it is, Accel can just use that Tier 1 redirection to invert the influence gravity has on the object to make it float up.
Similarly, he can essentially deal with all other LS scenarios. Like, if someone tries to hold him in place, he can just invert the force holding him in place and get free.

So yeah, he should get "Average Human, Immeasurable via vector control", since he can use his tier 1 ability to lift stuff.

Hmmm

It's so different from his current stats that i think that's strange, but i don't see anything wrong with your logic.

I agree.

Immeasurable LS Accelerator is something that feels so obvious but I never even considered before. Definitely agree with the logic.

Makes sense to me. Even with a machine that has infinite strength and durability, you're still not going to hydraulic press Accelerator.

Back