• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

NNT Speed Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay

Speedster Q&A time:

1) « How much longer for the nnt upgrades? »

Speedster salty comment time:

« Yes make sure to tell byashura this it’s taking way too long 9 month long revision »

He probably thinks that this comment will change your life drastically.
Tell speedster that, aside from his opinion being next to irrelevant, banning him has allowed me to pretty much complete 2 threads in just over 2 months, whereas his involvement in 1 heavily contributed to slowing it to 6.

He really needs to understand most of the reason why threads go on so long, as well. This thread had almost unanimous agreement and was very active (with numerous comments each day), but it's been going on for 10 days.

Last edited:
actually, don't tell him. i don't feel like starting any flame wars, and it's not worth it, especially in his condition.

Tell speedster that, aside from his opinion being next to irrelevant, banning him has allowed me to pretty much complete 2 threads in just over 2 months, whereas his involvement in 1 heavily contributed to slowing it to 6.

He really needs to understand most of the reason why threads go on so long, as well. This thread had almost unanimous agreement and was very active (with numerous comments each day), but it's been going on for 10 days.
He is reading the page rn and told me that he was basically joking and didn’t want me to really tell you about what he said…

For full context
Here is him asking me to tell you that it is slow

and here is him telling he was joking

Dear Speedster i never know which foot to danse on with you

i'll give him the benefit of the doubt, despite what you and majin have said about the discord

this is derailing, so i won't continue it

Anywho with arc's thought on this do we have to wait for imade's response or is it now good to go to apply changes?

But didn't Arc point out that it was a similie?
No we agreed about it meaning Flash of light then he talked about how he think it could be a simile, I then explained the fact that the sentence is meant to be taken litteraly

Arc didn’t have the full context behind the statement

« The grace given to Ludeciel by the SD that allows him to move litteraly at the speed of a flash (of light) »

文字通り means « litteral » or « litteraly »

如き means the same as/similar he is litteraly moving at the same speed as a flash of light which is 100% legit and litteral it’s not a simple comparison or a simile

Last edited:
idk what the **** is going on here at this point

i'll just finish off the sandbox under the assumption that SoL is accepted and let you creatures argue amongst yourselves in the mean time

i'll just finish off the sandbox under the assumption that SoL is accepted and let you creatures argue amongst yourselves in the mean time
We have a statement about his grace being litteraly the same speed of a flash of light idek why we would argue back and forth 😹😭

Arc disagreed on the issue raised by Imad, however, he confirmed that it appears to be a simile. Maybe y'all don't know, but we had two CRT's about Ay's Lariat (Naruto) that have that same statement "fast like a light" where it also has the kanji of "gotoki" which usually means "like" in English in the sense of making a non-literal comparison, like "fast like a storm", in other words, it's a Hyperbole. I didn't see Arc agreeing that the statement is a concrete SoL statement, rather that it is a simile, it's the same argument he had in the Lariat thread that was rejected.

But didn't Arc point out that it was a similie?
From what I understand, yes, it's the same position he had in the Lariat thread It doesn't make much sense for Flash to be accepted as SoL and Lariat not, as they are virtually the same statement.

From what I understand, yes, it's the same position he had in the Lariat thread It doesn't make much sense for Flash to be accepted as SoL and Lariat not, as they are virtually the same statement.
In this case the full statement is « Grace Flash, granted to Ludeciel by the SD it allow him to move litteraly at the same speed of a flash of light »

The statement is litteral

Arc disagreed on the issue raised by Imad, however,
Yes
he confirmed that it appears to be a simile.
It’s not
Maybe y'all don't know, but we had two CRT's about Ay's Lariat (Naruto) that have that same statement "fast like a light" where it also has the kanji of "gotoki" which usually means "like" in English in the sense of making a non-literal comparison,
« Non litteral comparison » when the author carefully picked « mojidōri » which means litteral/litteraly
like "fast like a storm", in other words, it's a Hyperbole.
It’s not
I didn't see Arc agreeing that the statement is a concrete SoL statement,
He agreed on the translation and doubted due to the lack of full context
rather that it is a simile, it's the same argument he had in the Lariat thread that was rejected.
Not the same at all

The difference between the Lariat situation and this is that unlike Lariat, the word literally is in this statement.

If I literally move as fast as Usain bolt that means I move as fast as him.

Arc only translated the place we had the most contentions with. Imade confirmed the presence of literally, makai also has repeatedly stated this aswell.

Last edited:
id just go with likely and go on with my day tbh
This statement Is the most litteral statement i’ve seen in a while there’s no if’s and buts no concession to be made no debate to have when we are just right and when there is no doubt.

The translation is correct and verified.

The simile argument was debunked.

NNT is not just « likely » FTL

I just started finishing up the final sandbox (a conglomeration of all the sandboxes, including speed) 2 days ago, so no.

I Just took a look at the replies to the thread now. Well, if there's the word "Literally" before "Gotoki" then it's not Hyperbole. I hadn't seen the entire statement before, so it's ok.

I have a problem regarding Meliodas FTL+ calculation, but this is for the 4 Knights of Apocalypse CRT.

I Just took a look at the replies to the thread now. Well, if there's the word "Literally" before "Gotoki" then it's not Hyperbole. I hadn't seen the entire statement before, so it's ok.

I have a problem regarding Meliodas FTL+ calculation, but this is for the 4 Knights of Apocalypse CRT.
Is it a math problem or a narrative problem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back