• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

NNT: Fear Manip Discussion

Epsilon_R

He/Him
I'll make it short. There has been plenty of threads regarding Fear Manip and what would fall under this ability. This has even been clarified in the Fear Manip page:

It should be noted simply terrorizing the opponent either by authority, strength or demeanour only would qualify as Social Influencing, as Fear Manipulation would allow the user to inflict fear regardless of these factors

So far, all of the scans I that I saw being used as justification for the Demon's fear manip (and these in particular) go against that.

Is there an instance where a Demon managed to scare someone regardless of their superior strength, authority or demeanor?

Last edited:
These are all still fear manipulation.

Where on the fear manipulation page does it specifically mention that they would need to fear induce someone stronger to be considered for fear manipulation?

These are all still fear manipulation.

Where on the fear manipulation page does it specifically mention that they would need to fear induce someone stronger to be considered for fear manipulation?
It doesn't. However this doesn't change the fact that inducing fear via authority does not count as Fear Manipulation

I suppose that this power can probably be removed from the NNT profile pages then.

@Elizhaa @ByAsura

What do you think?

It doesn't. However this doesn't change the fact that inducing fear via authority does not count as Fear Manipulation

If you can counter fear manipulation with your own it's fear manipulation.
No, that’s not how it works at all. It just confirms it can only affect someone higher to a degree, with a clear and defined limit.

If you can counter fear manipulation with your own it's fear manipulation. It also affected arthur and the countless souls in Excaliber both of which Meliodas, Zeldris, chanlder and cusack like butter.
They were all stronger than Arthur and Excalibur.

Even if pokemon did the same, that doesn't mean it's right. Feel free to make a CRT for Pokemon's fear manip, as far as I'm concerned I only care about NNT's fear manip

Bruh, if the counter argument at this point is "Well this other verse has it, so why can't we"

That doesn't negate the argument, just means those other verses need to be revised as well

But yeah, sadly fear manip just via sheer power and nothing else is not granted fear manipulation unless it has a supernatural effect

Like how Shigaraki shut off someone's supernatural mind control with a mere glare

Bruh, if the counter argument at this point is "Well this other verse has it, so why can't we"

That doesn't negate the argument, just means those other verses need to be revised as well

But yeah, sadly fear manip just via sheer power and nothing else is not granted fear manipulation unless it has a supernatural effect

Like how Shigaraki shut off someone's supernatural mind control with a mere glare
Here

Agreed.
It has, the majority agrees with its removal, and your points have been recycled. Will do so later, with Ant & Mitch’s approval.
That seems fine to me at least, but shouldn't we wait a bit for Elizhaa and ByAsura first?

Disagreed. In none of the included scans is their fear mentioned to come from the Demons' overwhelming strength, so I don't understand why we'd assume that.

Yeah, agreeing with this. The characters sensing how powerful the Demons are and being afraid is not Fear Manip, it's just them terrified about getting hit with the water with no ice. Diane is a clear example of this, she sensed Galand's overwhelming power in comparison to hers and got terrified.

Yeah, agreeing with this. The characters sensing how powerful the Demons are and being afraid is not Fear Manip, it's just them terrified about getting hit with the water with no ice. Diane is a clear example of this, she sensed Galand's overwhelming power in comparison to hers and got terrified.
What about Arthur and the countless souls in excaliber?

Back