• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nintendo Verse Page

Okay. Thanks. I will add a link to the featured section of the wiki navigation bar.

@Ant We probably should make a rule about these types of verses because while it works for Nintendo and Disney, it won't necessarily work for everything else.

Yes, perhaps so. I am not sure how to word it, or where to place it, however.

Perhaps "Do not create verse pages for companies. We have made exceptions for Disney and Nintendo, due to their extremely iconic statures, and occasional interaction between their properties, but a "verse" is generally defined as a shared continuity."?

I know that this thread has had its time but:

SEGA??

When did and why does SEGA has a page? According to wiki rules, there shouldn't be pages for companies other than Disney and Nintendo due to the iconic nature and ocassional interaction. The page should be closed immediately.....

The Dreamworks page was made in 2015 though. It's been here.

It's kinda unfair to keep it just because it was already here, the other page is going to be deleted and it's not really fair that it gets deleted on the basis that it wasn't made before the rules were implemented.

Well it's even more unfair to delete it just because the new rule was applied and like I said it's been here for quite a while now. Plus DreamWorks have quite a lot of characters in it.

It's been here for two years and has 28 pages but it isn't a verse really. Sega definitely should be deleted. If we delete Dreamworks we should change all the verses in the individual character pages to their respective verses and/or unlink them from the page.

Because rules are already established before that thread was made and it's unnecessary. Sega franchises, apart from Sonic, aren't as iconic nor have interacted as frequently. Two company based pages are enough. We can not violate or break wiki rules.

We don't need a Sega page. Let's not start a trend here. Disney and Nintendo only. Dreamworks can stay since it's been here for years.

We shouldn't have "an exception" though. Either verse pages for large companies are allowed or they're not. If Nintendo gets one, then SEGA should be allowed too. If SEGA isn't allowed, then Nintendo shouldn't be allowed.

Just to clarify, we allowing companies or no?

SEGA isn't nearly as diverse or popular enough to have a verse page anymore. Heck, in order to fill up space, the Archie verse and Bayonetta were added into it. Dreamworks is an exception not because it was made early, but because we don't have a Shrek or a King Fu Panda verse page or etc.

I'm sorry if this seems harsh but we explicitly said that we wouldn't make any more, and we name dropped SEGA.

Sega is nowhere near as large as a company as the ones already mentioned, however. Not to mention, the characters seldom interact beyond than just slots for the All Stars series. The pages were made for Disney due to it's constant interaction with characters from different franchises and iconic figure. Nintendo is pretty close to the video game equilvalent to that.

It's still a double standard that muddles with the consistency of our rules. It makes no sense to allow it for Dreamworks, which AFAIK has very few, if any, crossover interactions between its individual franchises, yet SEGA has a decent number of crossovers and cameos to not qualify.

@Crop. The fact that most, if not all of them are Sonic cameos proves my point. Not to mention that almost none of them are SEGA games. They were mostly liscensed titles.

The real cal howard said:
@Crop. The fact that most, if not all of them are Sonic cameos proves my point. Not to mention that almost none of them are SEGA games. They were mostly liscensed titles.
So references in Phantasy Star IV, Daytona, Streets of Rage, Virtua Fighter, NiGHTS, Shenmue, Chuchu Rocket and the Sega All-Starts series don't count?

For one, did I not just say most? Yes. Most of them ARE liscensed titles. What, is Tom and Jerry a SEGA property now?

For two, literally everything you linked was a Sonic cameo aside from the all stars series. ROB alone had more cameos than the other verses you said.

Dreamworks was made years before we established this rule in order to avoid a trend. While we will discuss about that page, Sega, however, still lack the justification to remain as it was made after the said rules were made. As Cal and Sera already point out, the company is nowhere as iconic as the said 3, considering Sonic is the only notable franchise and the crossovers and camoes between the Sega franchises are nowhere near as prominent and interactive as Disney and Nintendo. There's really no need to have a page for it.

Only reason I am for having Dreamworks as a page is because we don't have a page for Shrek, How to Train Your Drafon, Madagascar, etc. The only one we do have one for is Voltron, which isn't even Dreamworks' original property.

I'm not saying SEGA needs to stay, I'm just saying I want some consistency with our rules. If SEGA doesn't have a "need" to stay, Dreamworks doesn't either. Like I mentioned, our rules shouldn't have "an exception" for a few things, that messes with the consistency. If Dreamworks stays, SEGA does too.

I'm sorry if this sounds rude or harsh and I mean no ill will towards anyone, that is just what I believe.

I never thought you were harsh, Dark. I'm just laying out the rules and trying to elaborate why people are more ok with Dreamworks' page than Sega's.

I think that Dreamworks can stay, as it is extremely prominent, and treated as an overall imprint to the related animated movies, in a manner similar to Disney, Pixar, or Studio Ghibli.

It is convenient for fans who visit this wiki to be able to find links to all of them in one page.

Sega is considerably more uncertain, as it isn't particularly prominemt anymore, and we already have verse pages for its various franchises.

Still, I suppose that our rules regarding the subject are turning rather uncertain.

Back