• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nintendo Verse Page

Well, if we are going to start making pages for every major game console, maybe this was a bad idea.

The Disney parent company does contain several associated animated movies under its direct banner, with occasional shared continuity between them in some animated features, whereas we keep the owned companies/franchises, such as Marvel and Star Wars separate.

Nintendo does contain popular fictional continuities, such as Zelda, Mario, and Pokemon, but we already have verse pages for them, and the entire point of a verse page is a shared continuity.

I agree that the Xbox line up isn't as popular, but not having Sony is a bit unfair imho. Also street fighter for PlayStation too...

Idk,I like the idea of having this, but if we already have a page for Disney, what's wrong with having other big companies...

It's gonna clog the wiki unecessarily with pages that don't really need it is one. Disney and Nintendo are really, really big so they're fine. Imo, Sony is fine too, but we're gonna have to draw a clear line somewhere if we're to continue with a discussion on this beyond having one for Nintendo.

Can we please just get on with the point of the topic here, which is about Ninento having a verse page? Pretty sure we're done with this thread and seems that most are fine with having one. It's just a matter of whose gonna make it and such.

Now it's talking about other franchises having verse pages like Disney and Nintendo here...

I was just making a point before people bring this up. Anyway, is this being accepted or not?

What Nintendo has:

>Mario (Super Mario, Donkey Kong, Paper Mario, Yoshi's Island, Mario Kart, Mario Party and co.)

>Zelda (Main series and Hyrule Warriors)

>Pokémo (Main series, Pokken and co.)

>Kirby (Main series and spin offs)

>Fire Emblem (Main series and Warriors)

>Kid Icarus

>Smash Bros

>Star Fox

>Metroid

>Animal Crossing

>Pikmi

>Game & Watch

>F-Zero

>Earthbound

>Punch-Out

>Arms

>and many more ... (Wii Fit, Art Academy, Custom Robo, Excite, ROB, Xenoblade, The Legendary Starfy, Shin Onigashima, Devil World, Pilot Wings and co.)

Colonel Krukov said:
I agree that the Xbox line up isn't as popular, but not having Sony is a bit unfair imho. Also street fighter for PlayStation too...
Idk,I like the idea of having this, but if we already have a page for Disney, what's wrong with having other big companies...
Don't forget Tekken for PlayStation as well.

Nothing wrong, why? Is it being refused or something?

^Told ya. If we make it for Nintendo we have allow it for other verses as well.

Sony doesn't have a banner of loose connection of its titles like Disney and Nintendo have. This is about Verses, not companies.

Uh actually Sony does.

Heck you could even argue it has a Smash Bros counterpart.

And like I said, this is rather repetitive, especially when we already have a category for them and the only thing connecting them is easter eggs and company of origin.

No, Sony doesn't. The Smash Bros clone is the only example.

Nintendo meanwhile repeately markets itself as a larger series of video-game characters and constantly features their characters together.

There is absolutely no continuity between the Final Fantasy games (different entries of course like V, VI, VII, or X) yet there's a general page for Final Fantasy with all the games individual verses linked in it. I don't see how doing one for Nintendo is this fashion is any different or redundant.

Yeah, in literally three series (Smash Bros, Game and Watch, and Mario Kart). With two of them not even being canon, and the last one is as DLC. Also I don't understand your argument of marketing? Why should it have any weight at all here?

@Venom because it is a series of games, Nintendo is a company that produces them.

Sorry if it's redundant. I just wanted a page with all the Nintendo universes since they are featured together a lot :(

@Ven

Well technically speaking FFVII is set in the far distant future of the world of FFX, but that is ultimately irrelevant.

@Kevyn if that is so, then what purpose does it have that the Nintendo tag doesn't already do?

>both Master and Crazy hand are bosses in Kirby & The Amazing Mirror

>Running Man from Zelda appears in Mario Sunshine

>Both Link and Samus appeared in Super Mario RPG

>Samus appears in Kirby Dreamland 3

>Posters for Kirby, Wario, Starfy in Mario & Luigi:Superstar Saga

>Goombas, Piranhas Plants and an enemy called "Anti-Kirby" in Zelda

>Smash Kirby as an Ability in Kirby Series >Wario in Legendary Starfy

>Donkey Kong appearing in Punch-Out

>Kirby transforming in a Golden Mario Statue, in more than one game

Well...

Only other company I can see getting their own page is Capcom, Atlus or Namco. But these are BIG ifs....

Namco has: Only Digimon and Tekken seem connected tho....

Digimo

Tales Series

Tekke

Technically Dragon Ball Xenoverse

Soul Calibur

Pac-Ma

Atlas has

SMT

Trauma Center

Catherine

Other things.

Capcom has:

Street Fighter

Megama

Ace Attorney

Xenosaga

.hack if I remember correctly.

@Cal

We're in the process of determining whether or not we should even have such a page though.

Ant doesn't "agree" or "disagree" from what I can tell. And SD brings some valid points. Valid points that are enough to challenge those that agree. This isn't really a voting contest.

I'd say arguing about the canon between the connections between Nintendo games is a bit silly when most of these connections are literally Mario and Kirby.

I don't really mind Nintendo or Disney. I mind if people begin to use it as an excuse to start "verse" pages for lots of companies with no actual inherent continuity, or character overlap, which is the entire point of a verse page.

As for Final Fantasy, there have been various crossovers, especially Gilgamesh and Dissidia, and it is still an overall imprint and narrative thematic, not a company.

@Ant " actual inherent continuity, or character overlap,"

Well the former Nintendo does not have, outside of a boss fight with Master Hand in Kirby, but SB is non-canon to basically everything else.

The latter is interesting, do minor easter eggs count? If so, I do have to remind everyone that easter eggs happen incredibly often in fiction (A Sailor Moon manga in Steven Universe for example, verses which have absolutely no other connection.)

@Matt sure, but when someone makes a similar page for something else like Playstation or Scholastic, we cannot delete it as it would be as credible as a Nintendo one.

@SomebodyData

I suppose that you do have a point in that outside of Smash Brothers, and that very old cartoon show, there is very little interaction between the Nintendo characters, in comparison to the Disney imprint.

Nevertheless, I suppose that we could make an exception this once, considering Nintendo's highly iconic nature, but we cannot make a habit of it.

Good. Because I didn't want all the time I've spent typing it to go to waste lol. In all seriousness, I'm about halfway. I had a busy day...

Back