• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ninten vs Lucas

When people make the earthbound protags fight its either ness vs ninten,ness vs lucas or ness vs ninten vs lucas. but how about we forget about ness and focus on the other 2 protags

Speed unequalized unless considered a stomp for either side

In character but willing to kill

Ninte: 2

Lucas:

Inconclusive:

I'm dissapointed in all of y'all for making this man doing 14+ bumps and stll not casting a single vote..myself included.

Anyway, this is pretty close. However, my baby boy loses horribly to Ninten; he has teleportation making him faster and his defensive barriers are too strong. Lucas has PK Love and Flash but Ninten reflects them all back at him and it's GG no re.

Woah, somebody actually answered! I'd put it as a vote for ninten. Also what do you mean by teleportation i know theres PSI Teleport and 4th-D slip, but teleport requires a running start and 4th-D slip is only used to escape battles execpt boss battles, and im sure that if Ninten and Lucas fought it would be a boss fight. And I honestly think its a pretty close fight i feel like the big factor here is how nintens badge works differently than ness' and lucas' and lucas' refresh ability might be a big factor.

I actually saw this thread back a week ago but I totally put if off at the back of my mind and didn't bother leaving a comment. My bad! XP

But yeah, this is VERY close. Like 50% on both sides close. Refresh is only good on status effects and Ninten only has hypnosis. And... Lucas can't really do anything while he's asleep. But it would also work vice versa since neither of them have reflective shields against status. But I give it to Ninten 5.5/10 out of the time due to his superior defensive PSI and being slighly faster with UP abilites.

hmm.Great point! I rarely see people giving ninten love on battles outside this wiki. But wouldnt PSI Flash add a bit of luck for lucas that ninten doesnt have? like the 30 percent chance of instant kill and high chance of crying? Also would The Magypsie Mementos count as Lucas' standard equipment That would completly change the tides of the battle.

Wouldn't PK Flash get cancel by Power Shield? That would take out the most useful hability that Lucas has.

Anyway, probably Ninten, while unlike Ness, he doesn't have any Offensive PK attacks to take advantage of his range, he can buff himself to Oblivion and boost his Defence way more than what Lucas can handle.

I wonder if Nintens' asthma would come into play? I know Lucas has no way of exploiting it as a status effect, but it could lead to him tiring out sooner, since they seem fairly equal in every other regard.

Depends in how much the battle takes, but from what is shown, Ninten can battle some dozens of battles before getting sick.

And even if the Asthma gets in the way, he can use his Asthmaspray to heal and keep going.

If were going by real life athsma then lucas has the stamina advantage because ninten would have to use his inhaler between moves. But if we go by earthbound zero standards then ninten would only get athsma through smoke which nothing in lucas' equipment uses smoke. Also would the magypsie mementos count as standard equipment if ninten gets his inhaler?

I vote Lucas. His hax is comparable to Ninten, and Lucas has an AP advantage. Ninten scales to late-game Earthbound enemies. Pre-Magicent Ness=Chosen Four > Late Game Earthbound enemies. The Chosen Four was unable to defeat Porky in his mech. In Mother 3, he lost to Lucas in a stronger mech. Lucas > Mother 3 Porky > Earthbound Porky >/= Chosen Four > Ninten.

Back