• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ninjago's Tiering Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minaaaa

She/Her
This thread will be fixing Ninjago's massive tiering problem started from this thread here and other tiering problems with some characters. (Note: Characters like the First Spinjiztu Master, Overlord, and Source Dragons are unaffected by the changes in this thread)
The Infamous Star Feat
This “feat” has been used to make the verse 4-C, which might look legit upon first looking, but when examined thoroughly, the feat in question is invalid and I'll explain why.
It wasn’t the 4 weapons causing it
The reasoning used that it was the ninja scale to star is because of the Mega Weapon creating a star and the 4 Golden Weapons being equal to it in power, but this is wrong for the reasons I'll list now. Firstly, there are multiple statements that the Mega Weapon and the Golden weapons combined into one.
With all of these statements, it's consistent that the MW and GW combined to make the star, thus making the feat invalid to scale to the four. Before I get onto my next main point, there are some side arguments I want to address.

The GW destroyed the MW and then went into space
This argument was used in the previous thread so I want to debunk it. This is just false considering the statements I've shown above. Even if you want to say this, the weapons next showing in Rebooted, showed that the weapons were in a golden blob state, implying that they were heavily damaged because of the explosion. This means they wouldn’t scale to the full explosion if the star statement is to be believed.

Lloyd has the power of the golden weapons
This one is pretty simple and won’t take long. This statement is on his profile and is just wrong. Zane explicitly said “You can use all of the elemental powers”. Meaning he doesn’t have the GW powers, only the elemental powers associated with it. At that point in time, The ninja couldn’t use their elemental powers without the GW (Which is why they had to go to the temple of light to unlock their powers), so the scene makes sense as to why they bring up the GW.

The weapons utilize a Universal Energy System so they scale to its creation
Though they may use a UES, this is inconsistent with the series and external sources explicitly saying the Mega Weapon CAN’T destroy, only create. And when Garmadon tried to destroy a simple dragon, it couldn't destroy it, so if it can’t destroy something as simple as a dragon, destroying an entire celestial object, UES or not, is out of the question.
Outlier
Upon examining the feat when put into the rest of the series’ showing of power. It’s obvious this feat is an outlier so let’s go through our outlier guidelines to see if the feat fits.
1) Is it a big jump or drop in power? If a character with several city destruction feats is shown to be able to destroy a mountain, we cannot necessarily consider it as an outlier, for the reason that the jump between tiers is not extreme enough to be so, despite the jump between energy values we attribute to them. If the character has very few feats, we can likely ignore this point.
This one fits the star feat as this is a pretty big jump. We have a profile for the series rated as 6-A, which 6-A to 4-C is a pretty big jump.

2) Is it a unique or exceptional incident? If incidents of a similar level are repeated consistently over time, they are unlikely to be outliers. Usually, from the third incident onwards. If the character has very few feats, we can also likely skip this point.
This also fits for the feat. This level of power has never been replicated in the series before the feat nor after and thus can be considered an outlier.

3) Is the event unexplained and unjustified? If an extreme incident is not accompanied by any kind of explanation that justifies it, it is probably an outlier. But if it can be explained by means of some power-up, vulnerability, or limiter, it is likely not. If Superman is wounded by a bullet, it's probably an outlier. But if Superman was under the influence of red sunlight or was previously weakened with Kryptonite, it is not.
The star feat is unexplained in the series but is in outside sources so this doesn’t apply here.

4) Does the event break the previously established power-scaling? Here we must take into account a number of factors, such as comparable characters possessing feats or statements of a similar level to the hypothetical outlier, the outlier not being supported by fights that might suggest a similar level, or subsequent events or statements that contradict it in some way.
The star feat breaks the previous power scaling of the series. As stated earlier, going from Tier 6 to Tier 4 is a big jump and would break the scaling of the series. It also is inconsistent with previous feats of the MW. In the series, the MW creates pirates from the past, clones of the ninja, creates a canyon, bring a beast back to life, and creates a portal through time, the star feat would be the strongest feat of the weapon EVER and doesn’t line up with the previously stated feats.

5) Does the event break with the narrative of the work? Many times an outlier breaks with what has been previously established or shown in a work, creating inconsistencies that are difficult to resolve unless we invalidate one of the two events. If, for example, a character claims not to be able to dodge bullets, even though he was previously seen dodging them explicitly, we are faced with a contradiction where we will probably have to resort to using the more reliable evidence.
This point is similar to the previous one so it can apply.

As shown, the feat fits with most of the conditions to qualify as an outlier and thus, shouldn’t scale to anyone.

The Mergequake Feat
This feat occurs in the newest series, Dragons Rising, when the ninja’s elemental powers can close them, Thus scaling them to Low 2-C (Uni+). But, this feat makes completely zero sense even when the series is not taken into account. Firstly, let’s examine the statements used. These statements here and here have stated the mergequakes to be able to destroy the world, while this is correct, the wording used doesn’t scale to anyone. They always mention mergequakes (Notice the use of an S, showing plurality) will destroy the world, not a SINGULAR MERGEQUAKE, which is what the ninja close. With this, the feat should already be invalid but there is more to make the feat totally invalid. Secondly, we have Zane’s statement in Season 1 Episode 11, Temple of the Dragon Cores, of Dragons Rising. A singular mergequake on it’s own does not destroy the universe, but a culmination of hundreds if not thousands happening at the same time does. Thirdly, The ninja still wouldn’t scale to it as a single mergequake doesn’t fit the criteria for Tier 2, Characters or objects that are capable of significantly affecting,[1] creating, and/or destroying an area of space qualitatively larger than an infinitely-sized 3-dimensional space. Common fictional examples of spaces representing such sizes are space-time continuums (the entire past, present and future of 3-dimensional space) of a universal scale., a single mergequake has never been shown affecting the entire universe, or even a significant portion of the universe.

Miscellaneous Feats
These are side feats and are not the main point of the post but should be downgraded, mostly relating to Garmadon
This comes from the Garmadon comics where he beats the villain of the comic, Mogra, but he simply doesn’t scale to him. Firstly, it's been stated that Mogra via drinking moon tea is stronger than Garmadon, even when Garmadon drank two moon teas. At the end of the comic, Garmadon defeats Mogra. But this feat is invalid due to Garmadon having to power up to beat him and not scaling to his normal stats, as he passed out afterwards, indicating its not his normal level of power. Secondly is Mogra’s rating being an up to rating when he shouldn't be. Mogra couldn’t handle the power of all those moon teas and thus was about to die because of it.
Garmadon at his peak is currently rated 2-C, for being able to battle back the Oni Army, who can destroy the realms. The problem with this is The Oni aren’t anywhere near 2-C. The Oni don’t destroy the realms in the sense of destroying the space-time of the realm, They are slowly invading the realms with their cloud of destruction, destroying the life there so they can rule over it. It’s shown in the series that their destruction isn’t physical in nature, as in their cloud, people in ninjago weren’t destroyed, nor buildings or vehicles. Though in the previous garmadon downgrade thread, there was a statement posted from the Garmadon comics that the oni would turn it into a land of ash through unknown means but is likely their destruction cloud. This would be vastly below 2-C and the 2-C rating would have to go.

Result: Entire verse gets downgraded to 6-A since we already have a 6-A profile

Agree: @Setsuna_tenma, @KingNanaya, @Mr. Bambu, @Robespierre_Isidore, @Sparkive, @Overlord_Darkness (Neutral on 4-C)

Disagree: @Lloydblitzed, @LifeRiderthe1 (Agree on Low 2-C being removed), @TheOrangeGuy09, @JJSliderman (Agree on Oni scaling, neutral on moon tea), @Baabasaplar95, @DarkDragonMedeus

Neutral:

Last edited:
Disagree with everything here.
The entire GWs argument can be debunk by the Time Paradox getting stopped, The comic debunk doesn't make any sense at all, the fact Mogra was about to die doesn't really matter, entire Onis not destroying Space-Time is rebunkable via them scaling to Firstbourn, who has the Time Element which can warp and affect Space-Time which is at bare minimum Low 2-C already. Mergequake directly affects the Realms themselves, as its shown only the physical contents of the Realms merged with Ninjago's, not the Space Times themselves who still exists but are empty, Zane statements implies multiple mergequakes will affect the entire multiverse, his statement doesn't apply to normal mergequakes

I'll continue later, but this debunk is so bad and we already went over this lmao😭

Yeah with the mergequake thing, the multiple mergequakes would have swallowed the entire merged realm, which is all 17 universe sized realms smushed together. A single mergequake is just two realms merging together, not really an anti-feat.

For the golden weapons I won’t disagree on the outlier argument, but if the argument is that the weapons merged with the Megaweapon, another option can be to make the ninja scale to 1/8 of it. We also have Zane killing the Golden Master amped by the same fusion that created that star, so the ninja channeling their full power could potentially downscale.

No comment on the rest, although Dragons Rising does add that the FSM created multiple realms, which is a nice feat I assume.

The entire GWs argument can be debunk by the Time Paradox getting stopped
how does this debunk them combining or it being an outlier?
The comic debunk doesn't make any sense at all, the fact Mogra was about to die doesn't really matter
Mogra nor garmadon scale to it. Garmadon was using alot of energy to defeat him and wouldnt scale to his normal stats as he couldnt even beat him in his normal state with two moon teas. Mogra doesnt scale because 5 moon teas was going to kill him, same way we dont scale zane to the golden master
entire Onis not destroying Space-Time is rebunkable via them scaling to Firstbourn, who has the Time Element which can warp and affect Space-Time which is at bare minimum Low 2-C already.
Affecting space-time isnt Low 2-C unless its on a universal scale.
Mergequake directly affects the Realms themselves, as its shown only the physical contents of the Realms merged with Ninjago's, not the Space Times themselves who still exists but are empty, Zane statements implies multiple mergequakes will affect the entire multiverse, his statement doesn't apply to normal mergequakes
You missed my point, the ninja wouldnt scale off of closing a singular mergequake, which is why they are rated Low 2-C on the site rn. Multiple mergequakes affect the universe, not a singular one. its just hax, which they already have

For the golden weapons I won’t disagree on the outlier argument, but if the argument is that the weapons merged with the Megaweapon, another option can be to make the ninja scale to 1/8 of it. We also have Zane killing the Golden Master amped by the same fusion that created that star, so the ninja channeling their full power could potentially downscale.
Its consistant with Lloyd scaling to it, the Ninjas tanking his powers multiple times, Lloyd being able to fight on par with Garmadon who can hold their power, Wu tanking its powers and more

Its consistant with Lloyd scaling to it, the Ninjas tanking his powers multiple times, Lloyd being able to fight on par with Garmadon who can hold their power, Wu tanking its powers and more
It isnt consistent as i pointed out in the outlier point. the star feat would be vastly above anything the normal cast has ever accomplished

Man this is stupid "verse gets downgraded to 6-A" lel. SO you have no clue how space-time continuums work or the ethereal divide cool that nice. The Source dragons contradict the notion of 6-A. Pre merge is at the very least Low Multi not sure about 5D unless you just wanna go hypertimeline ninjago which shrug

Post merge however well the fabric of reality the dragon cores they keep the realms which we know are separated by the ethereal divide crash into one another and it also straight up effects the space-time of ninjago pretty straight forward to me it was collapsing the known realms into ninjago and fusing them. (just my thoughts)
We are then given notion there is more then 17 realms. The nether realm got its own time flow separate from ninjago which is the same as grasslands and overlords void given they just were unaffected by the merge shows they were outside the realms meaning outside the Universe. ninjago itself is its own Universe to the other realms the cloud kingdom is just one part of there realm for example, same way ninjago existed before FSM got there its a planet in a realm. (again my thoughts on it)

So imma just going to either disagree or stay neutral undecided atm imma wait for the thread to progress to see what happens

Man this is stupid "verse gets downgraded to 6-A" lel. SO you have no clue how space-time continuums work or the ethereal divide cool that nice. The Source dragons contradict the notion of 6-A. Pre merge is at the very least Low Multi not sure about 5D unless you just wanna go hypertimeline ninjago which shrug

Post merge however well the fabric of reality the dragon cores they keep the realms which we know are separated by the ethereal divide crash into one another and it also straight up effects the space-time of ninjago pretty straight forward to me it was collapsing the known realms into ninjago and fusing them. (just my thoughts)
We are then given notion there is more then 17 realms. The nether realm got its own time flow separate from ninjago which is the same as grasslands and overlords void given they just were unaffected by the merge shows they were outside the realms meaning outside the Universe. ninjago itself is its own Universe to the other realms the cloud kingdom is just one part of there realm for example, same way ninjago existed before FSM got there its a planet in a realm. (again my thoughts on it)

So imma just going to either disagree or stay neutral undecided atm imma wait for the thread to progress to see what happens
Why are u bringing up the source dragons? i literally said the thread wasnt about them or the other god tiers

i mean i still have said i don't agree with the ninja scaling to the mergequakes. no one outside maybe the source dragons do and even then via what Dr S2 says it further confirms how lloyd was able to close the gap in spacetime using the SD + dragon core amp. So imma just say to get my vote out of the way Disagree with everything except the 2-C stuff i do not agree with the ninja being low multi i haven't seen enough evidence of it to be convince they scale the the 4D stuff even if i do agree with low multi cosmology.

DR S2 confirmed to me Star level might be the highest they get outside maybe lloyd closing the mergequake and even then it was only through with the dragon cores and SD amp but ig you could make the argument.
Still can't bend the motion of the Universe to your will. RDT would still stay the strongest technique

Which points in the outlier point were wrong
i asked do you know what a outlier is? are we really pulling out fairytale levels of "this is hyperbolic cause i said so arguments" out here? outliers happen in series but there not always "outliers" sometimes they are plot points for events to happen

i asked do you know what a outlier is? are we really pulling out fairytale levels of "this is hyperbolic cause i said so arguments" out here? outliers happen in series but there not always "outliers" sometimes they are plot points for events to happen
I clearly went through our outlier standards brought up points that it was an outlier. Which points were wrong?

i mean i still have said i don't agree with the ninja scaling to the mergequakes. no one outside maybe the source dragons do and even then via what Dr S2 says it further confirms how lloyd was able to close the gap in spacetime using the SD + dragon core amp. So imma just say to get my vote out of the way Disagree with everything except the 2-C stuff i do not agree with the ninja being low multi i haven't seen enough evidence of it to be convince they scale the the 4D stuff even if i do agree with low multi cosmology.

DR S2 confirmed to me Star level might be the highest they get outside maybe lloyd closing the mergequake and even then it was only through with the dragon cores and SD amp but ig you could make the argument.
Still can't bend the motion of the Universe to your will. RDT would still stay the strongest technique
What does this have to do with Star level?

A single mergequake isnt affecting the entire/significant part of the universe, they're barely the size of cloud kingdom

does anyone actually know what the space behind those weird monsters are?? it doesn't look like the divide or any of the realms thats super weird artwork to be something entirely different

A single mergequake isnt affecting the entire/significant part of the universe, they're barely the size of cloud kingdom

Either way, by closing the mergequake the ninja are actively countering the motion of one universe to collide with another, so they should still be Low 2-C.

What does this have to do with Star level?
i don't remember the golden weapons ever destroying the said star the megaweapon created? just the fusion of them made a star and the GW split into the blob we see on the comet or any star being destroyed by them. i've mostly see country level from multiple statements of the individual weapons.

The MW and GW fused together then shot into space and exploded, creating the star. but as i mention, it doesnt scale to anything and would be an outlier

The MW and GW fused together then shot into space and exploded, creating the star. but as i mention, it doesnt scale to anything and would be an outlier

not really a outlier thats a cringe argument people on this site love to use all the time and still don't know its meaning. the Gw and Mw combine and some distance unknown forge a "star" which star is also unknown. the GW by themselfs we have notions of country to maybe multi-continental by themselfs. they didn't tank the explosion we clearly see that on the comet. We know the MW became the star thats 4-C creation and to keep a star going requires fusion and energy lel. So not really a outlier given Dr doesn't contradict the stars creation.
We know the mergequake forced all the realms into ninjago by bringing the realm into ninjago sorta by distorting spacetime reality itself was changing. the "quake" size doesn't matter personally. like the whole "size" matters is a cringe argument when size doesn't have a defined meaning,

I will say that if we knew more about the context of how some of these things worked (like the Mergequakes), they may be considered valid (depending on how they worked), but it seems as though we don't, so I would agree with a downgrade to 6-A.

Ah yes, Ninjago supporter who ******* always tries to downgrade the tier.
I am also getting tired with all of these Ninjago CRTs.
GWs destroyed MW as it was said by Garmadon. Then they merged. This is why GWs landed on the comet, and MW became a star after an explosion, and this is why GWs still had their power. Megaweapon is destroyed by GWs which is completely in fit with narrative, Zane’s statement and Sensei Garmadon’s explanation. It is not an outlier… it was consistently stated and was visually shown in the ******* show.
Regarding Low 2-C Mergequakes, my only problem with them that it’s actually 2-C feat (baseline). If you had ever read the ******* reasoning, it is due to Mergequake being a result of two Realms merging each other to the point they will destroy each other soon. Merging two universes = 2-C, demerging them should be 2-C too. This narratively fits to Lloyd closing mergequake for the first time scene, as well as multiple statements by him and Arin.
I can’t give two ***** regarding 6-A profiles, I have 0 clue why are you using this as a ******* argument.
Garmadon in Oni Form scales via hurting Crystal King. Emperor Garmadon at Peak scales due to being able to fight off Oni Army, which scales to there, and we already discussed there in that Garmadon CRT which you, btw, lost and were only carried by Arceus (sorry if misspelled).
If anyone wants a link to what I am talking about just say it, this all was discussed in the last CRTs and I am on my phone, but the OP just has some weird obsession with downgrading Ninjago verse so I have to repeat the points.

The people arguing against the downgrade need to take a step away from their PCs and calm down. It's a children's cartoon, there's no need to act like this over it. This is an informal warning.
U have no idea how many times these arguments have been brought up just to downgrade Ninjago, we did a 9 pages CRT on the SAME SUBJECTS (except for the Garmadon/Oni part) just for the very same arguments to be debunked/refused by 5 staff members

GWs destroyed MW as it was said by Garmadon. Then they merged. This is why GWs landed on the comet, and MW became a star after an explosion, and this is why GWs still had their power. Megaweapon is destroyed by GWs which is completely in fit with narrative, Zane’s statement and Sensei Garmadon’s explanation. It is not an outlier… it was consistently stated and was visually shown in the ******* show.
I already explained these in the post on why its an outlier. For Garmadon's statement (Clip here), He never implied this is what happened. He just said the ninja used the gw to destroy his mw and that the weapons went to space then we are given a flashback clip of what happened. He never implied these events happened 1:1 as what is shown, especially given the statements above in the first point.
Regarding Low 2-C Mergequakes, my only problem with them that it’s actually 2-C feat (baseline). If you had ever read the ******* reasoning, it is due to Mergequake being a result of two Realms merging each other to the point they will destroy each other soon. Merging two universes = 2-C, demerging them should be 2-C too. This narratively fits to Lloyd closing mergequake for the first time scene, as well as multiple statements by him and Arin.
All im saying, closing a single mergequake wouldnt scale to the "destroy the world" statements as those are referencing multiple mergequakes and not a single one, which is all they are shown closing are one at a time. Also given that they needed the dragon cores to stop the mergequakes.
Garmadon in Oni Form scales via hurting Crystal King. Emperor Garmadon at Peak scales due to being able to fight off Oni Army, which scales to there, and we already discussed there in that Garmadon CRT which you, btw, lost and were only carried by Arceus (sorry if misspelled).
I never brought up his oni form key as that wasn't the rating i was talking about. I was talking about how hes rated at his peak for scaling to the oni, who arent even 2-C

I already explained these in the post on why its an outlier. For Garmadon's statement (Clip here), He never implied this is what happened. He just said the ninja used the gw to destroy his mw and that the weapons went to space then we are given a flashback clip of what happened. He never implied these events happened 1:1 as what is shown, especially given the statements above in the first point.
Wu, Garmadon, the Ninjas and Lloyd have consistanly been shown/stated to scale to the weapons....its not an outlier, and not a massive jump of power bc the GWs all scale to the Ninjas power in the first place (it litterally harness their elemental powers)

U have no idea how many times these arguments have been brought up just to downgrade Ninjago, we did a 9 pages CRT on the SAME SUBJECTS (except for the Garmadon/Oni part) just for the very same arguments to be debunked/refused by 5 staff members
I don't really care. There are rules to this place and you will abide by them or refrain from typing. If you can't help but lose your mind at a nascent thread by a person who ostensibly also posts upgrades to the verse, then you will be removed for breaking these rules. That is the social contract.

The people arguing against the downgrade need to take a step away from their PCs and calm down. It's a children's cartoon, there's no need to act like this over it. This is an informal warning.
This guy has already tried this all before and this lasted for tens of pages, and now he tries to do it all again using the SAME arguments which were refuted over and over again, it would annoy literally anyone. but sure.
Also I am technically not on PC but that is non-essential.

Could you all link me to this identical CRT that was rejected? The counter-arguments here have not suitably dismissed the claims of the OP: perhaps this other thread will.

Wu, Garmadon, the Ninjas and Lloyd have consistanly been shown/stated to scale to the weapons....its not an outlier, and not a massive jump of power bc the GWs all scale to the Ninjas power in the first place (it litterally harness their elemental powers)
I have all the reasons its an outlier in the OP, none of these dismiss why the feat is an outlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back