• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

CJ isn't giving up yet. (CJ vs Niko Bellic) (3-3-7) GRACE AFTER AN ENTIRE YEAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
A month & there's still no debate? I guess I'll start debating here.

We're assuming CJ is at his peak, meaning that Niko will be dealing with someone that's immune to fire, more durable & has comparable feats to him. Guns & vehicles may not hurt him, but Niko's rocket launchers would.

So who's going to debate who has better feats?

would they not inherently have the same amount of feats given they're from the same game series

which reminds me I need to make a CRT to get rid of the 9-A weaponry

I vote CJ 4 the same reasons he beat every other protagonist, really.

Snuck into Area 51 by himself.

+Better at Stealth

Can beat master martial artists as a simple brawler, then quickly mastering their respective styles

+Better H2H

Has a Minigun, Flamethrower and heat seeking launcher

+Better Heavy weapons

Can tank multiple point blank RPG Shots, even more with armor.

+ More durable

Never Tires out.

+ Greater stamina.

I vote CJ 4 the same reasons he beat every other protagonist, really.

Snuck into Area 51 by himself.

+Better at Stealth

Can beat master martial artists as a simple brawler, then quickly mastering their respective styles

+Better H2H

+Better Heavy weapons

+ More durable

Never Tires out.

+ Greater stamina.
CJ FRA, though what does the opposition say for Niko?

+Better at Stealth
I don't think CJ would go into stealth if it's one guy. He has no reason to and I don't think there's anything to state he would immediately go into stealth against just one dude. That's generally not how GTA plays out.

Source, please? Says nothing on his profile. Niko should still be pretty skilled at hand to hand, being a trained soldier with seemingly a decade of experience.

Flamethower isn't as useful. At a certain point a gun is just a gun. I feel like CJ would be hardpressed to pull out a minigun or a heat seeking launcher against some dude. The profile notes he's not as ruthless as his other protagonists, and he might hesitate to blow Niko to kingdom come. Niko's been in a war and likely has much higher killer instinct, given the rough environment he grew up in and the literal war he has been in.

Also CJ's profile states that he's limited to one type of each weapon and the wiki seems to support this. He can only use one heavy weapon.

They both have like, the same durability feats, basically. Grenades and RPGs do basically the same thing so they're just as strong. I'd say they're both equally as durable.

Never Tires out.
Fight's not gonna last long enough for large stamina to matter. This is a gunfight, and Niko can be in gunfights for several hours, and this fight isn't going to last for several hours. They're both, ultimately, very high. You can't say CJ never tires out just because his stamina bar never runs out. That's an NLF, ultimately. We don't allow that due to wiki terms (similar stamina statistics have only been listed as "near limitless")

Niko has much more experience and way more killing intent when compared to CJ. I think his decades in the war should help him kill off a gangster from Grove Street.

I don't think CJ would go into stealth if it's one guy. He has no reason to and I don't think there's anything to state he would immediately go into stealth against just one dude. That's generally not how GTA plays out.

Source, please? Says nothing on his profile. Niko should still be pretty skilled at hand to hand, being a trained soldier with seemingly a decade of experience.

Flamethower isn't as useful. At a certain point a gun is just a gun. I feel like CJ would be hardpressed to pull out a minigun or a heat seeking launcher against some dude. The profile notes he's not as ruthless as his other protagonists, and he might hesitate to blow Niko to kingdom come. Niko's been in a war and likely has much higher killer instinct, given the rough environment he grew up in and the literal war he has been in.

Also CJ's profile states that he's limited to one type of each weapon and the wiki seems to support this. He can only use one heavy weapon.

They both have like, the same durability feats, basically. Grenades and RPGs do basically the same thing so they're just as strong. I'd say they're both equally as durable.

Fight's not gonna last long enough for large stamina to matter. This is a gunfight, and Niko can be in gunfights for several hours, and this fight isn't going to last for several hours. They're both, ultimately, very high. You can't say CJ never tires out just because his stamina bar never runs out. That's an NLF, ultimately. We don't allow that due to wiki terms (similar stamina statistics have only been listed as "near limitless")

Niko has much more experience and way more killing intent when compared to CJ. I think his decades in the war should help him kill off a gangster from Grove Street.
NIKO FRA

Wut part did you not get Mr? I said AD as in advertising. Usually when people in YT self promo in the comments section they're ignored or looked at weird.

Though since this is off topic, we can always continue on another conversation in forum or text via our message walls.
I love how you ramble about random things lol, but no, I don't do it as much, and they usually don't get ignored for me.

Just don't spam them in other people's matches without contributing to their matches.

don't think CJ would go into stealth if it's one guy. He has no reason to and I don't think there's anything to state he would immediately go into stealth against just one dude. That's generally not how GTA plays out.
It's definitely an option giving the setting, which gives him a lot of cover.
Source, please? Says nothing on his profile. Niko should still be pretty skilled at hand to hand, being a trained soldier with seemingly a decade of experience
Have you ever played SA? You have to beat each master in a fight before you learn their styles Here and Here. Without knowing any Martial Arts CJ bodies these Dudes. Trained soldiers in real life, get their asses handed to them. That really means nothing.
Nothing suggest he wouldn't want to pull it out lol whatchu mean? He's not as ruthless as the others but that comes from not killing innocents and sparing people and shit like that. Not that he wouldn't want to use his best weapons. Against a fellow mass murderer, he definitely would.

Also CJ's profile states that he's limited to one type of each weapon and the wiki seems to support this. He can only use one heavy weapon
OP says both are fully equipped. Even then, he still has better options to choose from, Niko only has an RPG
They both have like, the same durability feats, basically. Grenades and RPGs do basically the same thing so they're just as strong. I'd say
No they don't. Stop the 🧢. Niko can't tank a point blank RPG shot. The 3D protagonists all can. Dura is even increased with armor.
Fight's not gonna last long enough for large stamina to matter.
It definitely is
You can't say CJ never tires out just because his stamina bar never runs out.
It's still visibly greater than Niko's.
Niko has much more experience
Which at this point and this opponent, means absolutely nothing. An opponent who single handedly kills scores of U.S Soldiers numerous times over and over.

Experience means nothing when u got a guy who does all of that in a short time after originally only taking out gangbangers.

It's definitely an option giving the setting, which gives him a lot of cover.
It's an option. Doesn't mean he'll take it.

Against a fellow mass murderer, he definitely would.
Doesn't know that Niko is a mass murderer and has no reason to believe as such. There's no prior knowledge given to either. I just don't believe CJ would immediately resort to like, a minigun.

Niko can't tank a point blank RPG shot
Profile says he can take at least one. He can also take a lot of grenades in close quarters. Grenades and RPGs basically do the same amount of damage in GTA against vehicles.

Dura is even increased with armor.
Niko also has this :)

Trained soldiers in real life, get their asses handed to them.
Wow I didn't know GTA San Andreas is real life how odd.

The soldiers inherently don't have feats. Makes it less impressive especially since we don't know what training and experience every individual soldier CJ encountered has. We only know they have nebulous military training and, as far as we know, no expereince in a legitimate combat scenario.

Guess what, Niko has also gone up against trained soldiers since he was in the Yugoslavian wars. He has at least a decade of experience in combat against trained individuals. They both fight soldiers. Niko is a soldier, just has a lot more experience than generic dudes that CJ kills.

If we want to compare real life like you want to apparently, only ten percent of military forces of the USA have actually seen combat.

It's still visibly greater than Niko's.
How so? They both can go on fighting for hours (which, again, this fight will not last that long), and can survive through normally fatal injuries.

It definitely is
Literally why? Lol. You have no basis to make this claim. Gunfights do not last for hours when there are only two individuals in the gunfight. In real life, gunfights last a few seconds. They aren't engagements that last for hours on end for the most part.
An opponent who single handedly kills scores of U.S Soldiers numerous times over and over.
Again, soldiers that for all we know, have never seen actual combat

Experience means nothing when u got a guy who does all of that in a short time after originally only taking out gangbangers.
I guess the soldiers are about as skilled/experienced as your average gangbangers.

It's an option. Doesn't mean he'll take it.
He took it against the Vietnamese gang and the military. And when stealing Madd Dogg's rhymes. It's always an option, and he has no problem taking it. Especially in a spaced out area like centennial park in New York.

Doesn't know that Niko is a mass murderer and has no reason to believe as such. There's no prior knowledge given to either. I just don't believe CJ would immediately resort to like, a minigun
There's no reason to believe a lot of the guys you kill are mass murderers in GTA SA (or really any GTA), either yet that hasn't stopped me from mowing them down with a minigun has it?
Profile says he can take at least one
at least one. at least ONE.
Grenades and RPGs basically do the same amount of damage in GTA against vehicles.
Against vehicles.... People? No. **** no. People in real like have survived Grenades exploding. Point blank RPG Shots? Nope. If you got GTA 4 Equip an RPG and shoot the ground right next to you and see if you survive.

Wow I didn't know GTA San Andreas is real life how odd.
Not what I said, just that your "trained soldier" claims is bullshit and veterans get clapped in the streets everyday in real life. Niko being in the army doesn't mean he's automatically a better fighter than CJ
The soldiers inherently don't have feats. Makes it less impressive especially since we don't know what training and experience every individual soldier CJ encountered has. We only know they have nebulous military training and, as far as we know, no expereince in a legitimate combat scenario.
There's no evidence to suggest they have any real combat experience, true. But that doesn't mean you can take this away from him. The US Military is better Trained and equipped than anyone Niko has ever fought. And Area 51 wouldn't just have randoms now would they? When you have a guy who was originally a petty Gangbanger start doing insane shit like that on his own in such a short period of time, experience doesn't mean you're better.

People with low experience beat people with a lot of experience in a lot of things all the time.
Experience doesn't = skill. Every time I debate Niko this topic comes up.
If we want to compare real life like you want to apparently, only ten percent of military
That's cuz there are no major active conflicts currently. During the times of SA and GTA IV were the height of the wars in the middle East.

Try taking that survey about 15-20 years back

And again, The US military is better Trained and equipped than anyone during the Yugoslav wars. They were still using a lot of WW2 weapons
Literally why? Lol. You have no basis to make this claim. Gunfights do not last for hours when there are only two individuals in the gunfight. In real life, gunfights last a few seconds. They aren't engagements that last for hours on end for the most part.
Ofc gunfights last for seconds in real life. People in real life ain't wall level with wall level durability and can't carry an entire arsenal with them easily. These guys can. And they both tank high caliber rounds easily.

This would go on for a while, jacky.
I guess the soldiers are about as skilled/experienced as your average gangbangers
This goes for niko and CJ and respectively. You keep gassing up those soldiers in Europe who Niko fought, despite there being no evidence of them being skilled, or experienced, either. You know a lot of them were probably just kids as Niko and his squad were child soldiers.

And yeah, you do have regular guys on the streets who are better marksmen than trained soldiers. It's just not as likely.

He took it against the Vietnamese gang and the military
I cannot stress enough that in Da Nang Thang that it's implied to be mounted to a helicopter and that's why he used it. Because it's just there.
And when stealing Madd Dogg's rhymes
I watched an entire playthrough of this mission and he did not pull out a minigun once lol.

There's no reason to believe a lot of the guys you kill are mass murderers in GTA SA (or really any GTA), either yet that hasn't stopped me from mowing them down with a minigun has it?
Hate to tell you that's just a you thing. YOU are not Carl Johnson. Carl Johnson is Carl Johnson. If it says he's not as ruthless and brutal on the profile, then that's just how it is. Player actions do not always determine what someone does in character.

Also by this logic I could also say Niko just mows people down with heavy weaponry because that's what I do. I could say Michael rather unceremoniously guns down civilians with a ******* minigun even though that doesn't fit his M.O. in the slightest. You get what I'm getting at here?

at least one. at least ONE.
At least one. AT LEAST one.

(at least implies more could be done). With the body armor he should be able to survive more than one easily.

People in real like have survived Grenades exploding
yeah but normally they can't walk away from one and be fine/still shoot the shit out of anyone around them.

veterans get clapped in the streets everyday in real life
Source please? I don't think all of these veterans are armed, and if anything doesn't this hurt your case more? It shows that killing soldiers (or in this case former soldiers) isn't as impressive.

The US Military is better Trained and equipped than anyone Niko has ever fought.
The modern US military? Sure, maybe. The GTA universe's US military? The military stationed in the fictional state of San Andreas? I don't know. I don't know what they do. You don't know either.

And Area 51 wouldn't just have randoms now would they?
I mean they could. The fact that a petty gangbanger could take them down kind of implies that they are, in fact, randos. Show me the skill feats that the people protecting Area 69 have.

That's cuz there are no major active conflicts currently.
ahem

War in Afghanistan, US intervention in Yemen, US Intervention in Pakistan, US intervention in Somalia, American intervention in Iraq and Syria, American intervention in Libya.

During the times of SA and GTA IV were the height of the wars in the middle East.
San Andreas takes place in 1992 according to the games timeline.

The only war that took place close to that time was the Gulf War, and that was like a year prior. Even if there was large US deployment in this war, you can't prove that anyone stations in Area 69 was in the Gulf War. Or that there was a Gulf War in the GTA universe in the first place. There's no evidence of it.

Prove to me that the people in Area 69 are skilled, and that they served in the gulf war. I guarantee you cannot. Because a normal gangbanger can delete them off the face of the earth without advanced tactical thinking on his own.

Ofc gunfights last for seconds in real life. People in real life ain't wall level with wall level durability and can't carry an entire arsenal with them easily. These guys can. And they both tank high caliber rounds easily.
not hours. Even still, not hours. People comparable to CJ can go down in a couple of shots. Thugs comparable to CJ can go down with a headshot. Same with Niko. It only will take some well placed shots to end this fight. I think we both understand that, no? We've seen 9-Bs one shot other 9-Bs with their weapons, mainly in GTA Online. Headshots with pistols kill. I think a high powered sniper rifle would do similar.

or experienced, either
They literally fought in combat for the entirety of the Yugoslavian wars which went from 1991 to 2001 I don't know what else you want from me in that regard. They fought a war for a decade. They have experience by right of fighting in a war

They were still using a lot of WW2 weapons
Wrong. The guns were often from the 70s to 80s. The oldest one I could find was 1961

I cannot stress enough that in Da Nang Thang that it's implied to be mounted to a helicopter and that's why he used it. Because it's just there.

I watched an entire playthrough of this mission and he did not pull out a minigun once lol
I'm confused what you're talking about here lol I thought you were referring to stealth so my bad lol
Hate to tell you that's just a you thing. YOU are not Carl Johnson. Carl Johnson is Carl Johnson. If it says he's not as ruthless and brutal on the profile, then that's just how it is. Player actions do not always determine what someone does in character.
Bruh, what? It's not a "you" this it is a Carl thing. Are we just going to forget that he murked a bunch of construction workers for talking shit about his sister?
(at least implies more could be done). With the body armor he should be able to survive more than one
Which is the point I'm making. CJ can tank multiple RPG Rockets to the face without Armor. And even more with it. Niko cannot.

Source please? I don't think all of these veterans are armed, and if anything doesn't this hurt your case more? It shows that killing soldiers (or in this case former soldiers) isn't as impressive.
Talking from a street fight perspective, it's true. War veterans are not automatically to everybody. My bitch neighbor is a Gulf war vet and just got his ass handed to him by my uncle for hitting him with a rock. He's not some fat slob either, he's jacked as all hell.
Army and Marines are taught basic boxing and things like that.

Nothing really special.

The modern US military? Sure, maybe. The GTA universe's US military? The military stationed in the fictional state of San Andreas? I don't know. I don't know what they do. You don't know either
Based off their equipment during GTA SA and the weapons used during the Yugoslav conflict, we can judge, here. Running around with MP40's and tommy guns and Mosin Nagants and shit. Vs M4's with thermal goggles and things of that nature.
I mean they could. The fact that a petty gangbanger could take them down kind of implies that they are, in fact, randos. Show me the skill feats that the people protecting Area 69 have.
Yep the same gangbanger that took their train right after that? A guy who got cleared by the president himself to kill rouge government agents? A guy who singlehandedly broke into an aircraft carrier and stole a jet, and then took out multiple fighter jets? Yep. Rando. I sense some downplay, Jacky.
War in Afghanistan, US intervention in Yemen, US Intervention in Pakistan, US intervention in Somalia, American intervention in Iraq and Syria, American intervention in Libya.
Keyword: Major. And I thought the war in Afghanistan ended some months ago?
The only war that took place close to that time was the Gulf War, and that was like a year prior. Even if there was large US deployment in this war, you can't prove that anyone stations in Area 69 was in the Gulf War. Or that there was a Gulf War in the GTA universe in the first place. There's no evidence of it.
I think the Gulf war ended in '93. I'm not saying that those Area 69 soldiers were in Kuwait. You put those words in my mouth.
Prove to me that the people in Area 69 are skilled, and that they served in the gulf war. I guarantee you cannot. Because a normal gangbanger can delete them off the face of the earth without advanced tactical thinking on his own.
Again, Never said anything about them all being in the Gulf war. Just brought up the fact that it was happening at the time of this games setting. Not sure how you got that lol.

But please stop this hideous downplay. He has multiple feats of him singlehandedly taking on the army, you keep trying to dismiss this
not hours. Even still, not hours. People comparable to CJ can go down in a couple of shots
Like who? Who else in the game (outside of Smoke with his armor) is comparable to CJ?
Thugs comparable to CJ can go down with a headshot.
What thugs comparable to CJ? If this is the case y is CJ the only one who is a bullet sponge?
. Same with Niko.
Again, who is comparable to Niko ingame? Outside of Luis and Johnny?
only will take some well placed shots to end this fight. I think we both understand that, no? We've seen 9-Bs one shot other 9-Bs with their weapons, mainly in GTA Online. Headshots with pistols kill. I think a high powered sniper rifle would do similar
Ofc. But when you have one dude who has a much larger arsenal of weapons than the other, and good feats of his own, and is genuinely more durable, it's a little more complicated than usual.
They literally fought in combat for the entirety of the Yugoslavian wars which went from 1991 to 2001 I don't know what else you want from me in that regard. They fought a war for a decade. They have experience by right of fighting in a war
Niko and his crew ofc. The opps? How much combat did they see? How skilled were they?

Wrong. The guns were often from the 70s to 80s. The oldest one I could find was 1961
Not wrong. Didn't say they were ONLY using WWII weapons. Just that a lot of them were still used. See. Even then, they still didn't have the firepower of the US. Specifically soldiers in GTA SA

i'll be real I don't want to argue this anymore.

Niko is more experienced being in a whole decade of active, brutal conflict as the yugoslav wars were just that. I'm giving it to him just based off basic experience and how Carl is stated outright by the profile on the wiki page that he's not as ruthless, and prefers to give people second chances.

Niko is more skilled. More weapons means little when you can realistically only use one at a time (Carl can't like, wield an RPG and an SMG at the same time lol), and a lot of his weapons aren't going to be effective (pistols vs Machine guns). Niko's military training/experience and skill is good enough to take down CJ.

So, yeah, that's it.

I legitimately think that CJ is wanked (like he shouldn't have beaten Michael and I plan on rematching that lol), but that's besides the point. I think Niko wins.

Niko is more experienced being in a whole decade of active, brutal conflict as the yugoslav wars were just that. I'm giving it to him just based off basic experience and how Carl is stated outright by the profile on the wiki page that he's not as ruthless, and prefers to give people second chances.

Niko is more skilled. More weapons means little when you can realistically only use one at a time (Carl can't like, wield an RPG and an SMG at the same time lol), and a lot of his weapons aren't going to be effective (pistols vs Machine guns). Niko's military training/experience and skill is good enough to take down CJ.

So, yeah, that's it.

I legitimately think that CJ is wanked (like he shouldn't have beaten Michael and I plan on rematching that lol), but that's besides the point. I think Niko wins.
What are you being stressed about? If you want to back out of this thread to chill, that's fine.

Even though CJ's dura is 9-B, now, "While initially a bit of a bonehead, by game's end, he was capable of outwitting his rival gangs, the US Military, the LSPD, the Mafia, and has started up & expanded a few businesses" that's on his intelligence profile.

Niko's OG too, wiping out rival gangs in Liberty City, defeating strong police forces & being a vet.

& plus in our matches, we assume that both characters re willing to kill regardless of character, even if it's being slightly less ruthless.

Aight, peace.
Niko is more experienced being in a whole decade of active, brutal conflict as the yugoslav wars were just that. I'm giving it to him just based off basic experience
Entirely irrelevant. Experience ain't enough to win a fight and doesn't translate to competence.
and how Carl is stated outright by the profile on the wiki page that he's not as ruthless, and prefers to give people second chances
Honestly this is a very ridiculous reason for him losing. He had no problem murdering those who betrayed him. And murdering construction workers and literally burying one alive for running his mouth about his sister.

Why would he show mercy to a stranger who's trying to kill him?
Niko is more skilled
False. Carl broke into an Air Carrier killed several soldiers and took a jet and took out several fighter jets.
Carl beats up Master Martial artists easily and learns their moves by just watching. Or the time he flew a plane jumped onto another plane full of hitmen and Killed them all and parachuted out. The Area 69 feat is better than literally anything anyone in the series has done so far
More weapons means little when you can realistically only use one at a time
OP literally says fully equipped, but fair enough. Keep in mind this rule affects Niko as well.

And CJ can duel wield his MAC 10's his 1911's and his sawn off shotguns.
and a lot of his weapons aren't going to be effective (pistols vs Machine guns).
They have a similar arsenal of weapons lol what do u mean by this lmao
Niko's military training/experience and skill is good enough to take down CJ.
No it ain't.
Nah. Downplay. I think his page is fine like it is. His feats are better than all in the series.

Including Niko.

Also Jetpack.

Bump. Also, I'm voting for Niko.

While CJ breaking into Area 69 is impressive and absolutely nothing to scoff at...we have no idea if those soldiers fought in a war like how Niko did. Niko fighting in one of the worst European conflicts since WWII and making it out alive is singlehandedly superior to the typical soldiers you face off in most GTAs. So it's safe to say I agree with Niko being far more skilled.

CJ has a larger arsenal but, much like when Niko fought Trevor, that's really all he has going for him (hell, is CJ really the type of guy to spam missiles as his first tactic?). The jet pack honestly worsens matters because that's just gonna leave CJ out in the open more.

While CJ breaking into Area 69 is impressive and absolutely nothing to scoff at...we have no idea if those soldiers fought in a war like how Niko did. Niko fighting in one of the worst European conflicts since WWII and making it out alive is singlehandedly superior to the typical soldiers you face off in most GTAs. So it's safe to say I agree with Niko being far more skilled
I honestly think we should all stop bringing up the wars and soldiers and shit at this point. Simply fighting in wars is not an indication of skill. Experience itself doesn't equal skill. There is no clear indication of how skilled either soldiers they fought were.

The US Army is more technologically advanced (except for maybe china) and trained than anyone on earth.

And honestly, Niko never fights any trained fighters in GTA 4 like CJ does. CJ can easily defeat Trained Fighters despite not knowing any Martial Arts.
CJ has a larger arsenal but, much like when Niko fought Trevor, that's really all he has going for him (hell, is CJ really the type of guy to spam missiles as his first tactic?). The jet pack honestly worsens matters because
That's definitely not all he has going.

In case this fight drags out, he has infinite stamina.

He's fire resistant and can tank like 3 or 4 RPGs point blank, whereas Niko can't tank any. So he's more durable. Which makes a H2H fight dangerous for Niko as he'd struggle doing serious damage to CJ.

He's more capable in Stealth.

And of course, larger arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back