• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Okay, so I like Mr. Fingers, but he's in trouble. If not a stomp, Nightmare dances circles around him.

Nightmare can easily hide in the darkness of the area, making it tough for Salad to attack. There's also him being able to slice Salad up with his claws and teeth. There's also that Nightmare can bite into his head.

"But he's not 9-B here!"

Look at those teeth and tell me those can't pierce Salad Fingers' head just a bit. Then there's one more thing: Nightmare's ability to scare others. Salad Fingers is scared of human speech, and what does Nightmare do? He scares others. What would happen if Salad heard Nightmare slowly coming up or Nightmare walking closer to him?

He'd run like nuts. And that's not taking into account that Nightmare can easily catch up.

Overall, if not a stomp, voting Nightmare.

Question

I made this thread simply as a favour for someone else, so I'm clearly not biased. Would it be ok if I vote on my own thread here, seeing as it's not actually against the rules?

I don't understand why matches are being added to Nightmare when this one is a clear stomp:

- Nightmare is a very unnerving figure, Salad Fingers is very easily frightened, so his weakness is at play.

- Salad Fingers almost died after the whole in his stomach and only recovered after some time, making regen a non factor.

- Nightmare is stronger (At least 9-C vs. Likely 9-C), more durable, and has natural weapons at his disposal.

- Salad Fingers might not even be able to see Nightmare that well with how insane he is and misinterpret the glow from the eyes as something harmless.

- Salad Fingers is hardly a fighter, Nightmare likes to kill.

I mean, I was told Salad Fingers isn't scared by conventional things, though. From what I understand he was only ever really scared by human speech? I know that someone tried to make an argument of Salad being scared by Ghostface but it was shut down.

Also they're both 9-C for the exact same reason so...I dunno I don't get it.

Also it implies that Salad Fingers has gone to a war before so...he does have some experience. You can look at the other thread with a salad Figers (with ghostface) and see the response to some of those arguments there. He won against Ghostface, who also likes to kill. It's essentially the same scenario just with one added factor

Jackythejack said:
I mean, I was told Salad Fingers isn't scared by conventional things, though. From what I understand he was only ever really scared by human speech? I know that someone tried to make an argument of Salad being scared by Ghostface but it was shut down.

Also they're both 9-C for the exact same reason so...I dunno I don't get it.

Also it implies that Salad Fingers has gone to a war before so...he does have some experience. You can look at the other thread with a salad Figers (with ghostface) and see the response to some of those arguments there. He won against Ghostface, who also likes to kill. It's essentially the same scenario just with one added factor
Bambu and I reached an inconclusive agreement on that, due to the fact he was unnerved by being stared at as I've already pointed out in that thread.

Yes, but that doesn't at all come in handy as Salad is rather insane and chooses to run away from his problems.

I was the only person to defend Ghostface in that thread and it was closed before I finished a final rebuttal, keep in mind that Ghostface is also a group of teenagers slotted at 9-C and not a supernatural being with powers and natural weaponry in a fight against someone without a weapon who is stronger (At least 9-C)

This isn't even.

But they're still both 9-C for basically the same exact reason, which is damaging a skull, so I don't know about one of them being really stronger than the other. Also unnerved and scared aren't exactly the same thing. You can be a bit unnerved without being scared of something.

If he does that's...more or less an in character problem, and we don't regard those often for stomps so...eh. At least pretty sure that's what I remember.

Also, uh, someone else tried defending ghost face as well. Headless did, and he made similar arguments from what I understand. Ghost Face was also technically stronger, and Salad was unarmed. This...doesn't mean much. There's like one or two different factors but that's about it.

Salad has some specific advantages, including his pain resistance. The fact that he doesn't fight often at all is a simple character flaw, and he fought Ghostface who is arguably stronger and was armed with a weapon, and Salad Fingers won.

Jackythejack said:
But they're still both 9-C for basically the same exact reason, which is damaging a skull, so I don't know about one of them being really stronger than the other. Also unnerved and scared aren't exactly the same thing. You can be a bit unnerved without being scared of something.

If he does that's...more or less an in character problem, and we don't regard those often for stomps so...eh. At least pretty sure that's what I remember.

Also, uh, someone else tried defending ghost face as well. Headless did, and he made similar arguments from what I understand. Ghost Face was also technically stronger, and Salad was unarmed. This...doesn't mean much. There's like one or two different factors but that's about it.

Salad has some specific advantages, including his pain resistance. The fact that he doesn't fight often at all is a simple character flaw, and he fought Ghostface who is arguably stronger and was armed with a weapon, and Salad Fingers won.
Salad Fingers attempts it through chewing on it and has never demonstrated any sort of strength elsewhere.

Except that he's in-character here, he won't be nearly as willing to fight something that's bothering him, which was my argument in the other thread on why Ghostface would win, which was still being debated until it was closed upon grace while I was finishing a response.

I made the psychological argument, Ghostface had a weapon because he needed it, as Salad's strength was biting and Ghostface's strength came from the piercing value of the knife and not physical prowess, along with natural weapons, Nightmare is stronger than Ghostface with being comparable to animatronics that can tear each other apart along with his natural weaponry. It's much more stacked in Nightmare's favor.

Nightmare has Inorganic Physiology that makes it prone to not bleed out like Salad Fingers will alongside Invisibility that may actually have an effect, as I've previously stated.

Salad Fingers passed out from poking a needle through his finger, even if he's pain resistant, he's prone to passing out after being injured, which is a huge flaw.

Ghostface fell victim to the FRA treatment, Salad Fingers is the victim of a stomp here.

Most of the things that you're mentioning, passing out due to injuries, being scared and that he's in character, are mostly just character flaws, though. We don't take character flaws into account when judging if something is a stomp.

Sure, Nightmare may be arguably stronger and have a couple of advantages, but that doesn't mean there's no way on earth that Salad can win. If it's because he's limited due to character flaws then that's not a stomp, otherwise a lot of other matches where characters don't use their main wincon because of CIS would be stomps

Jackythejack said:
Most of the things that you're mentioning, passing out due to injuries, being scared and that he's in character, are mostly just character flaws, though. We don't take character flaws into account when judging if something is a stomp.
Except the things I've mentioned are very critical here as it's just adding salt to the wound.

Suggesting that character flaws that have a huge negative impact on a match-up that already was stacked against said character isn't a stomp just because those things were only character flaws is wrong.

In-character Saitama likes to see what his opponent will do first, making him likely to be stomped by people with hax abilities, even if he was much, much stronger.

Give me an exact scenario that Salad will win in, biting Nightmare's head won't work when Nightmare has the LS to overpower him and throw him away, along with having 9-C durability everywhere and not just the skull.

Inorganic Physiology makes Nightmare harder to hurt as he doesn't bleed or have organs besides a brain, meaning his only option is the head, which he'll need to get close to the very thing that is stronger than him and will rip him apart (with him easily passing out in mind), and somehow overpower it and bite it enough times to get to the brain without first being, gutted, dismembered, overpowered and bitten himself, etc. All the while having to deal with his insanity and how that may impact his critical thinking.

There is no feasible way for Salad Fingers to win here.

I know this is ended (and I would agree on the outcome) but

"At least 9-C" vs "Likely 9-C" isn't an AP advantage, stop treating it as such. It is not a higher value of joules. At least merely leaves the possibility that they have a higher rating.

Stop that bad habit, it ain't good for yah.

Mr. Bambu said:
I know this is ended (and I would agree on the outcome) but

"At least 9-C" vs "Likely 9-C" isn't an AP advantage, stop treating it as such. It is not a higher value of joules. At least merely leaves the possibility that they have a higher rating.

Stop that bad habit, it ain't good for yah.
At least "Should be used to denote the lower cap of a character, if the exact value is indeterminate." - Attack Potency

Profiles like Doomguy's and Master Chief's seem to suggest that "at least" presents the idea that the character is higher within that tiering as no other statistic is suggested, so this assumption is hardly unfounded.

Yes

It means their cap can be higher

That doesn't denote it being higher in the tier

It leaves it open to possibility and it is not an argument for AP advantage at all.

Back