• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@Mr. Bambu

The reasons for mundus feat being an outlier is because its very, VERY above anything that's been shown in the franchise.

However, A2 feat is within the franchise standards. I do not see why this is an outlier. As has been said, there are much higher feats than this one in the franchise, such as Emil's self-destruction, which is a high 6-A, and he was even able to survive. And in nier automata he can be defeated once and for all by A2

Yes. Well spotted. That's what an outlier is.

However, what a higher tier of beings does (Emil) does not justify the capabilities of those below them. If a 5-B exists in your verse, wonderful, don't use it to justify 6-C for a completely different class of beings.

In Nier Automata Emil is a head on a cart. Not actually Emil.

since for you everything is outlier, why do you consider 7-C as legiti and not another outlier? I do not care if the Emil of this game is fake or not, what I'm saying is that there are characters capable of withstand things stronger than 6-A, so it would not be absurd to consider that there are characters with a 6-C durability within the franchise.

Not sure "Self Destruction" is a durability feat

The only description of the aftermath I remember is the earth becoming a ball of molten rock from the Explosion. And unsuprisingly, the entire cast being extremely dead.

I don't consider everything an outlier lol. Just when it is alone in being that high. There's another Low 7-C feat in verse.

In Nier Automata Emil is a head on a cart. Not actually Emil.

I think its worth noting (I am CivilProtectiom by the way) that the "head on the cart" is indeed the original Emil based on his ending Y dialogue as well as the short story "Emil's recollections" among other things.

Also I support the 6C upgrade. It is not really an outlier. In the Grun boss fight 2B/9S gets directly hit by Grun who has been scaled as island level.

Also when Nier Replicant emil destroyed that town it was an accident and 2 he was not even fatigued from it. So an accidental attack from emil should not be the power ceiling for other characters.

Whats more with the Adam feat he emntions making several of those copied city and of course there was the Red Girls creating the tower, again with no evidence of it being a strain on them.

I would say that the all of this combined suggests to me that downgrading to 6C is grossly underestimating the frequency of these town-island level feats. Adam was not fatigued from building the copied city, Emil was not fatigued in destroying the Aerie and 2B/9S surived that direct hit from Grun (again who is island level).

In a universe where casually creating things that scale to town or city level (its called copied CITY after all) and suriving point blank hits from island level enemies or surviving that volcano explosion I think claiming that the A2 feat is a 6C feat is wrong.

(Sorry for the little rant. I vote 6C upgrade)

The 6-C feat isn't a 6-C feat. It is a 7-A feat reworked for higher results.

That said. I don't doubt the head on the cart is the original Emil, or at least one of the earlier clones. But that doesn't change the fact that it isn't the WHOLE Emil if you see what I mean. It's his head. If a character is 9-B I severely doubt their head will be able to emit the same force. Being that it is literally just their head.

As for the Grun thing. Yes. Their flightsuits get hit. And not by the full kinetic force. He scales to Low 6-B, by the way. But you'd have to calc another thing entirely to understand the durability of that feat, and I severely doubt it'd reach anywhere near 6-C.

However, the city feats are relatively legitimate, just that we don't actually know the size of these "cities". I would concede that their collapse after death would be a good Earthquake-like feat, possibly up to the High 7-C boundaries. But we have exactly one 7-A feat that the group scales to and I believe it to be a gross outlier compared to the easily provable low-end Tier 7 feats they have.

DMUA said:
Not sure "Self Destruction" is a durability feat
The only description of the aftermath I remember is the earth becoming a ball of molten rock from the Explosion. And unsuprisingly, the entire cast being extremely dead.
If he survived then it is. At least his head is 6-A. And even if Emil head from automata is a clone, it does not make sense to be ridiculously less durable.

And also all the 7-C feats that appear in the game were not able to kill the main characters, nor even to do any damage to them. And it did not even imply that they were at their best when fdone.
Using as 7-C as a parameter is lowball. Even high 7-C dont make sense when there are higher feats.

His head.

His head that does... no attacks...

So we have now gone from using one technically legitimate feat that just happens to be an outlier to claiming the whole cast should be Continent level scaling to, and let me quote you here...

The HEAD of a person that did a Tier 6 feat

thousands of years ago

when he had an actual body

and we're not even 100% certain this is the same character, and could be a duplicate

I see nothing wrong with this statement

Only the first game Emil should have a 6-A durability. I never said that those from automata would have . The game implies that Emil has lost much of his power and memory by creating his clones.

I'm saying that since they are clones, the value closest to 6-A makes more sense, so 6-C is much more plausible than 7-C.

So you admit he lost his powers...

And are still arguing that fighting his... head... justifies Tier 6.

Again, totally nothing wrong with this statement.

Okay

Can we like

Not assume he survived the literal act of destroying himself without evidence

Especially considering despite that, A2 and everything on the entire planet died

DMUA said:
Okay
Can we like

Not assume he survived the literal act of destroying himself without evidence

Especially considering despite that, A2 and everything on the entire planet died
This is also a good point.

Mr. Bambu said:
So you admit he lost his powers...
And are still arguing that fighting his... head... justifies Tier 6.

Again, totally nothing wrong with this statement.
I never admit otherwise. And yes it justifies.

It absolutely doesn't. The feat was literally killing everyone, Emil included, and he is no longer anywhere near that powerful due to not having his body. In no way does that scale to anybody.

I am not convinced you guys even played both of Emils boss fights. Since if you break into his house 2 times he oh i dont know attacks you. As a level 99 character. Plus that same Emil made millions of clones to fight the Aliens, the same aliens who made Grun. Emil could scale to Grun/Red Girls. I mean you guys are really scraping to downgrade a clearly 6-A character

My bad. Getting a little lost to be honest. I guess all there is to say is I dont see how you can argue with a statement as blunt as ending Y's ending.

There's no denying his self destruction is High 6-A but there's plenty denying he actually scales to it as per physicals

Ah. Well if we agree Emil is stronger than Grun thats 6-C right there. After that is it not fair to give the benefit of the doubt? The Planet was scoured by a bunch of Emils knockoff clones (yes accoridng to official sources, namely Emils Recollections, the cart emil is the original) surely the true emil has to be stronger.

For example to compare. In Naruto the Last Movie, we tomaria (might have butchered that) cut the moon in half, people scaled Naruto as moon level. We never see him hit by the attack that sliced the moon but we gave him the benefit of the doubt. I think more likely than not Emil would scale to his own attack

Scaling doesn't make something not an outlier, actual destructive feats make something not an outlier.

Actually, Newton's Third is the thing behind most people having attacks scale to their durability. Literally the act of blowing themselves up isn't really something to use unless they have feats

Not to mention Naruto is Planet level for other stuff regardless

Well its a stalemate. No one can prove Emil is not scaling to his explosion any more than he is. I think a compromise is we have a range. like from 6-C to 6-A or something like "Possibly 6-A"

What

"We can't prove he ISN'T stronger though can we"

are you insane

For the record, I don't "agree" Emil is suddenly stronger than Grun.

Coincidentally DMUA what in the actual **** happened to your avi

How does characters scale to each other btw? I am yet to finish the whole game, but from what I know 9S near the end of the game solo a whole group of 2B copies on his own and later fight A2 on equal ground despite being 80% affected by logic virus

A2 herself seems way above other Yorha types in combat skills at last.

Considering she destroyed 9S with relative ease and fought 2B and 9S at once over dozens of times and won every time

Yeah, she is

Was it tho? She was clearly being pushed back a little by 9S toward the end.

9S himself seems weird. He's not designed for combat yet he wrecks nearly everything.

Also correct me if I am wrong but, none of the endings is "true canon" as far I understand "beside ending E maybe"? A2 destroys 9S in C but the match is much closer in D.

Either way she's above him.

I guess the 2B copies were not as strong as the OG one then?

A2 is unquantifiably superior, not to such a degree that they wouldn't be in the same tier. And yes, 9S has the ******* nerdiest death of all time.

Ok, I will be a necromancer!

Why it is even discussed? A2 survived normal nuke while androids wield information-to-matter weapons that partially based on magic, that can ignore normal physical stats of objects.

As for A2 vs 9S... We need to remember that A2 suffered malfunctions due to lack of maintenance even prior you take control over her. Additionally, Pod mentioned that Attackers were much sophisticated androids with many prototype functions. As far as I understood Executors were slightly weaker version of Attackers but more stable overall. Battle versions are mass-produced Attackers. Add here that 9S specialized in hacking while A2 was reluctant to kill 9S.

9S have some ridiculous feat near the end of the game, 9S went also through a lot of **** before he fought A2 at the top of the tower and iirc he was already affected by the logic virus. He wasn't in any better shape than A2

Not that A2 is normal Yorha unit anyway, she have centuries of experience as far I understand. Not to mention she can counter 9S hacking leaving him with the only option of fighting her head on.

Back