• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well it's just the recalc of the feat that gives them their Dura/AP, so I don't see anything wrong with using the new value

well if we already got a calc member ok-ing this, I don't see why we can't bump them up.

Commented on that calc. Suffice to say I am suspicious of Tier 7.

1. Why would this scale to other characters

A2 did the feat, she's one of the main characters of the game, the others can harm her.

The thing is, it may be an outlier.

But what about this?

2. What exactly implies a crater with the same volume as the mountain? Aside from being deep within.

No on outlier, not even the biggest feat in automata

As for the Crater that was as estimation done by calcing the volume of the mountain

A2 did the feat entirely alone? Or with self destruction? Or what? Was a separate fuel source used? Was she at the exact epicenter? Because even at a distance of some paultry sum like two meters would significantly lessen the durability needed to tank it.

It not being the biggest feat from the verse does not save it from being an outlier for this group of characters.

She did the feat alone of course, as self destruction would obviously kill her, nor does she even have it at this stage

No separate fuel source was used, it was a nuke in the middle of the mountain and she saw the bomb go off almost directly next to her that very second

Mr. Bambu said:
It not being the biggest feat from the verse does not save it from being an outlier for this group of characters.
So why would it be an outlier?

Because it is far above any other feat that THIS brand of people have done. They have literally no other feat even close. Furthermore, how do you know it was point blank? I may have missed something but it seems like there was an entire facility down there.

Being "far above" is not a good reason for an outlier, an outlier is when the feats are contradicted, not when there's one above the other.

And also, if people stronger then you perform stronger feats, your feat makes more sense as the power increase between the two characters makes sense as long as it isn't an utterly inane number jumping tier jump.

As I said, she looked at the bomb to her left and saw it explode

Not like it matters since th nuke exploding isn't the feat, it's the mountain collapsing on top of her

>Being "far above" is not a good reason for an outlier, an outlier is when the feats are contradicted, not when there's one above the other.

Feats don't have to be 100% contradictory to be outliers. That's what Saikou told to me. And with this in mind, DMC would have been Tier 3 via a novel feat where Mundus and Dante shook the Demon World, since there's nothing contradicting the feat.

An outlier is exactly that. An outlier is defined as something that is far detached from what one might call the norm. In mathematics it depicts something with a value far higher than the next highest number in a set. This is literally exactly that. So yes. This is an outlier.

Not really but okay. It makes sense the verse would have other feats of high power, but that doesn't justify some distorted scaling to characters that are stronger than you lol.

Okay. So no mention of distance this time.

...Yes it is? The calc is the destruction of the mountain caused by the bomb. A character with human durability could potentially survive the latter due to how falling works. Unlikely, but possible (granted, you'd die of suffocation, but still). Essentially, a group of things falling on you have a chance to form pockets in which one can survive. I wouldn't abandon your nuke argument lol.

@Reb

Terrible example

Tier 3 isn't a feat to begin with since Mundus teleported Dante to space as shown by the guidebook, and Mundus's feat is contradicted by Abigail, who is comparable, performing High 6A.

Gargoyle One said:
Terrible example
Tier 3 isn't a feat to begin with since Mundus teleported Dante to space as shown by the guidebook, and Mundus's feat is contradicted by Abigail, who is comparable, performing High 6A.
I worded it poorly

I'm talking about the feat from a DMC2 novel where Dante fights Mundus Alter, and their clash shakes the Demon World

Abigail that was shown in the anime has 0 proof he's comparable to OG Mundus, too

This is contradicted by Goliath class enemies, Engels, only having 8-C or so feats. Though 9S' swings might reach higher since he swung faster.

I'm going to bed. Final word, though, unless some other relevant feat (as in, at least within Tier 7-B or higher) is brought up performed or tanked by an Android, then this is a massive outlier and should be ignored. We should default to the next highest feats. I will gladly do calcs to support this movement.

@Bambu

What is "The Norm" then?

Because The only other feats in the game is 2B and 9S being within the literal epicenter of a nuke from Grun, and that's it.

.....Wait a ******* second how did I forget that.....

Gimme one second sir

Okay first off, I disagree with 6C alone being an outlier, but I wasted your time debating that instead of bringing this up, and I apologize for that

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W0Ka1Hy_dCU

10:36 9S pilots a Nuke into the Grun's mouth, and he is shown literally riding on top of the nuke before it explodes.

<But Gar that's Low 6B

Low 6B was meant to get removed as that was internal damage from it striking a weak point

Dammit why did you have to just go to sleep lol

Did he survive it though?

Also the nuke itself didn't seem to be that strong. What was actually strong was Grun's explosion, which was caused by a nuke ridden into its mouth.

He did, his body was able to tank the destruction of the blast. And he was capable of getting up later but he was restrained by Adamn.

I mean 9S was still literally in the epicenter

The thing is, it is hard to see how much Grun's body was destroyed, which is something that the explosion power is reliant on.

Also, I may be blind, but I don't see 9S on the missile right when it flies into Grun's mouth, at 10:53 mark.

Grun's body ironically was not destroyed, only disabled, afterwards you see it branched on a skyscraper.

Look harder, he's somewhat leaning to the right of the center mass of the missle.

Not really?

That contains the nuke and causes it to not be dispersed, that's the literal entire reason Nuke feats are higher then 7B

Although looking at the video

15:27 the Body is actually shattered from the inside and it's exploded like a gasket.

Err....

World War Two Nukes are 7C, any modern day nuke is around the 7B range

Also, the Cruise middle 9S shot was a type 5 Nuclear Cruise Missle judging by its size.

There aren't many modern 7-B nukes actually. In fact, most of the strongest nukes were made in the middle of 20th century.

Hey so I suck ass at sleeping

Yeah not all modern nukes are 7-B. 7-C is normal.

I'm gonna try to go to sleep again but you guys just

do your thing

Back