• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
AD INFINITUM 444 said:
Shadow leads with timestop though,if he had all the emeralds he'd use them during frozen time & would one shot.
When has Shadow ever time stopped ---> Super Shadow ---> one-shot? He does one or the other.

Black Doom passively controls the entire Black Arms species,which there's enough of to eat the Human/Mobian races in a short period of time. That sound like pretty good mindhax.

Time stop, realize he can't deal damage, do things that would logically make him do damage. He's never had an opponent just straight up no sell everything he's done.

Death Battle's "canon" apparently includes Sonic dishing out 200,000 tons of force alongside Metal Sonic.

Unless they're using lifting strength and striking power interchangeably I don't think Mario will take the power advantage. Unless they just don't use that Metal Sonic calc. Selective powerscaling is a bish :/

Because Chaos Control IS the Super State,like when Biolizard became Final Hazard with it. When has Mewtwo Mindwiped in combat? He could win via AP but he'd have to hit his enemy,an enemy who has countered teleportation.

Js250476 said:
problem is the Black Arms are a hivemind AKA a single mind
Black Doom also has an advantage over someone like Mewtwo due to the fact that he actually shares Shadow's DNA.

There's also the Ifrit from Sonic Rivals 2 who also has mind hax and Shadow was completely unaffected by it while it managed to mind control Sonic.

Mario's gonna win via some obscure hax like Capture Card,Death Battle's gonna say that since Eggman Nega's camera can capture the Master Emerald then there's no reason the card can't do the same to Super Sonic...or something like that.

Maverick Zero X said:
Death Battle's "canon" apparently includes Sonic dishing out 200,000 tons of force alongside Metal Sonic.

Unless they're using lifting strength and striking power interchangeably I don't think Mario will take the power advantage. Unless they just don't use that Metal Sonic calc. Selective powerscaling is a bish :/
200,000 tons of force is High 7-C, bud. Mario's castle punting feat is 7-B.

That's subjective on weather or not a hivemind would be weaker or more complex though.

It's only subjective if someone who's not the hive mind themselves takes control of it. That's not the case for Black Doom, who is the hive mind behind the Black Arms. Which means it's not impressive.

That's subjective on weather or not a hivemind would be weaker or more complex though.

It's only subjective if someone who's not the hive mind themselves takes control of it. That's not the case for Black Doom, who is the hive mind behind the Black Arms. Which means it's not impressive.

Thing is, Shadow should be nothing more than an extension of Black Doom's will due to sharing his exact same DNA. If you ask me, that's usually a better feat than resting mind control from a person who doesn't have that advantage of shared DNA.

200,000 tons of force isn't High 7-C, that many tons of TNT equivalent is. You need to multiply that much force by speed combination demonstrated on screen to get an AP feat.

It's...not, really. If I'm understanding you correctly, and you're free to tell me if I'm not, you're arguing that Shadow's resistance with his shared DNA is automatically higher feat that doesn't have shared DNA. One, it'd be ridiculous to assume that because Shadow resisted something from his DNA, it would put him above those that don't, like Star Wars or Methuselah. Two, Shadow isn't a direct clone of Black Doom, "simply" being a hybridized entity with parts of Black Doom's genetic material. He's not fully Black Doom like the Black Arms are and isn't directly part of the hive mind.

Sorry if I sounded rude, btw.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
200,000 tons of force isn't High 7-C, that many tons of TNT equivalent is. You need to multiply that much force by speed combination demonstrated on screen to get an AP feat.
Not true, my man. For a couple reasons. First, force as a unit is mass times acceleration. Force is what we use anyway. Second, I took that from it's joule equivalent, not its TNT equivalent.

Mass in kg * Acceleration in m/s = Force in Newtons. Acceleration and Velocity aren't really the same thing; the former is how fast you approach max speed velocity, the other is the speed currently travelling. Kinetic Energy in J equals Mass in kg * (Velocity in m/s)^2. Which is widely different than force. By that logic, anyone who lifts a car is Building level or anyone who lifts the Empire State building is High 7-C. Or better yet, ripping out spinal cords would be 8-A.

Also, 1 kg = 9.807 Newtons which in turn translates to 1 G = 9.807 m/s^2.

This will be a fun fight regardless. While I prefer Sonic by a landslide, I don't really care who wins. Although, I do have a bias towards the Blue Blur. As long as they don't **** over any verses I care about......agai I am fine.

200 kilotons =/= 200 kilotons of force. Force is a unit of energy and a vector quantity. Mass isn't.

Though, you're right. I'd have to convert tons of force to Newtwons and then Newtons to joules. Unfortunately, that's significantly under High 7-C...

EDIT: Maverick should've said that better. The feat was 200 kilotons of TNT, not 200 kilotons of force.

The real cal howard said:
It's...not, really. If I'm understanding you correctly, and you're free to tell me if I'm not, you're arguing that Shadow's resistance with his shared DNA is automatically higher feat that doesn't have shared DNA. One, it'd be ridiculous to assume that because Shadow resisted something from his DNA, it would put him above those that don't, like Star Wars or Methuselah. Two, Shadow isn't a direct clone of Black Doom, "simply" being a hybridized entity with parts of Black Doom's genetic material. He's not fully Black Doom like the Black Arms are and isn't directly part of the hive mind.

Sorry if I sounded rude, btw.
Didn't say that was always the case. Of course Black Doom's mind hax doesn't compare to Star Wars. I just don't think Shadow's resistance to it should be written off as "LOL hivemind" because Shadow having Black Doom's DNA does give Black Doom an advantage in trying to mind hax him when the Black Arms are completely enslaved by him.

Black Doom's influence is obviously mitigated due to Shadow having his own mind and not being part of the hivemind. The Black Arms aren't enslaved by Black Doom as much as they ''are'' Black Doom.

Hope Mario wins.

It's a reexamination from the ground up, so hopefully thus means Galacy will be included. And since Archie isn't being used, Sanic should be fooked

They redid thus one because both have gotten new feats and stuff after the time the original Death Battle was made, and the old one also had old rules and outdated stuff which they look to reexamine.

They could've lived up to the promise.

They promised they'd do Unicron vs Galactus as the S4 finale.

Nope. We get the battle of boy band leaders.

They said it would be that or Ep. 100.

I see Ep. 100 and it's this?

Egads, it's so sad.

I really have trouble at understanding how they do their research:

While it always manages to be bad, they use random feats and standards, weird methods of calculating strenght and speed, and mix canon and non-canon things for multiple characters. They can be very unpredictible.

It's like they hire a different researcher/calculator for each character of every episode. or they just type of Google "X character's Impressive feats" and then they spend a lot more time on the animation part (the latter of which would also explain at least a bit of the bad-research part).

ScrewAttack said that Boba Fett was physically stronger and more durable than Samus in the remaster, I'm just wondering what bullshit excuse they'll use for this match up. Besides, the battle description so far seems to be a super vague "Mario vs Sonic." I have no idea what they will include/exclude and why.

For all the things they could have done for their 100th episode, I'm sort of disappointed. It's something we've already seen and I'm not sure how many people were asking for this. If any fight should be redone, Master Chief vs Doomguy is up there since MC go the Mjolnir Gen 2 from Halo 5 and Doomguy got a bunch of stuff from Doom 2016 and Eternal. Link vs Cloud is up there for me since Link got basically everything he's ever had and Cloud got practically nothing in comparison for gear. I've always been hoping for an eventual Samus vs Megaman Death Battle. I believe in a Q&A someone asked about returning characters and Ben used Samus vs Megaman as a direct example but it was hard to hear due to video quality (no idea what video that was though, it's been a while).

At the very least this should be entertaining. ScrewAttack never disappoints in that department.

Yeah, Samus Vs Boba Fett was just a stomp; Samus outclasses him in every possible way, Strength, Speed, Durability, intelligence, stamina, and hax. Even comparing Boba to Samus is a joke; even Zero Suit Samus is too good for him. Mario has gotten new abilities such as Cappy, but even the first Mario Vs Sonic had problems; particularly what their base stats are. Mario is actually faster than Sonic according to out standards, and raw power is also overwhelmingly greater.

I agree that Master Chief Vs Doomguy needs a remake, since Doomguy's speed was heavily downplayed in the first episode, and Doomslayer has gotten way more upgrades than John. Being canonically strong enough to effortlessly rip Cyberdemons in half with his bare hands or physically overpowering The Titan still beats everything John ever did physically.

The show, Battle Royal had an entertaining Samus Vs Megaman fight, even though the outcome was a disappointment and Samus's speed was downplayed. They said she was only 72c as opposed to 131 billion c.

Those are both BIG cans of worms.

I dunno what they'll do. Mario's feats aren't as clear-cut as Somic's in terms of speed and such, at least to my knowledge. The City level feats also require calculations to see it.

I feel like Mario's gonna get downplayed

Back