• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Newer Newer SU continuation revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
WeeklyBattles said:
Oh so are we going to discuss Gems having type 8 immortality or not?
They shouldn't. If we apply type 8 to body parts, we might as well say we IRL have type 8 too.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Tipoima Every character in Sailor Moon (Universe) has type 8 via being able to regenerate from a crystal on their body, Gems are the same exact way.
Never seen it, but I assume they are given to them, and not born with them. It's not like gems not having official type 8 means they are any weaker. It's just that type 8 sounds to me like it's supposed to be something external. If it's already a part of them, you might as well just call it Regenerationn.

Type 8 does not have to be external, it just based on relying on something in order to regenerate, in this case all Gems rely on their Gemstones to regenerate and so long as those are not destroyed they will regenerate, that is textbook type 8

It's not really Type 8 immortality, and the connection to Sailor Moon doesn't make much sense.

The Gem on the gems is just their body. It's like saying a human being has Type 8 based on their body not being dead.

@Dargoo Except its not, their body is their body, thats stated numerous times in the show. Their body is their body and their gem is their gem.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo Except its not, their body is their body, thats stated numerous times in the show. Their body is their body and their gem is their gem.
Their "body" is a projection that is made from their actual body, which is the gem. Pearl's Gem isn't something seperate from her keeping her alive.

Tipoima said:
Equal is selling her a bit low because Hessonite had the Prism while fighting her.
ðíð¢ð©ð╝ð¥ð║
Oh yeah, i forgot that scene

So i guess we should have her as "Superior to Hessonite w/o The Ligh Prism" since Hessonite had to have to Prism to fight Rose? If so then it's another reason for her being "At least 6-C".

WeeklyBattles said:
Also, Dargoo, can you summarize what you want changed in my blog?
Just removing the immunities to mind and soul manip.

It was agreed on that gems have minds, and IMO soul Manip working on gems should be determined by the critters of what has a soul in the verse with the soul hax in question. I'd argue the whole astral plane bit confirms souls but that can be easily interpreted as minds.

The rest looks fine.

@dargoo It was agreed that conventional soul hax wouldnt work on them but verses where soul hax works on inanimate objects would work

Biological mind manip wouldnt work on them

Biological mind mind Manip wouldn't work on them, yes, but most other forms of the ability would.

IMO there is no 'standard criteria' for having a soul.

It's completly determined by the verse that is using the soul hax. So it would be a case by case basis.

Oh, that reminds me.

It was previously believed that Hessonite had the ability to Teleport, which is even listed on her profile, but that's not actually the case.

It was stated that she doesn't actually teleport, it's just that she can move and dash so fast that it looks like she is teleporting (and she leaves a trail behind, just like the PPG).

Dargoo Faust said:
Biological mind mind Manip wouldn't work on them, yes, but most other forms of the ability would.
IMO there is no 'standard criteria' for having a soul.

It's completly determined by the verse that is using the soul hax. So it would be a case by case basis.
Ah, how much I have repeated this.

Also, this seems like a more minor thing, but could we change the quote on White's page? It doesn't seem very intimidating or even indicative of her real personality. I get that that was the best quote we (probably) had originally, but now that White's gotten more speaking lines in she's also gotten some better quotes.

I was thinking like "Stop trying to help them, you'll only make things worse. That's what you do, I make things better." or "Don't you raise your shield at me! I only want you to be yourself! If you can't do that, I'll do it, FOR YOU!"

Damage3245 said:
Or we could go with:
"Now the impurities you've encouraged in them are gone! Now they are brilliant; now they are perfect; now they are me!"
That could also work. I guess we could take a vote on it, they all seem pretty good.

So, I daresay we're actually done.

What calcs are we waiting for to be accepted? And if they are accepted, is there anything else to discuss?

One thing I wanted to ask was Rainbow 2.0 and Sunstone's scaling; while the former should IMO be 7-A+ because like smokey she is the fusion of Steven and one one of the weaker Crystal Gem members (relative to Garnet/Bismuth). Sunstone should easily be above Opal but behind fusions like Sardonyx and Sugilite.

And is anything being changed about Steven's scaling? We aren't directly scaling him to Lapis' water tower feat anymore.

Sunstone should be on par with Sardonyx and Sugilite actually, steven at this point is basically on par with Amethyst and Pearl if not stronger than them

Fair enough. They shouldn't be as strong as their Rose Quartz counterparts, though.

Also I disagree that Rainbow 2.0 should have a seperate page; she should just have another key.

I have a profile for Obsidian ready here. I'm fine with doing Sunstone but if someone else wants to that's chill.

I edited the Ruby calc so waiting for someone to check that (It's been 84 years)

I have the source code edited for all the CG and their fusions (Except for Alexandrite, Obsidian, and the other fusions with Steven) as well as Jasper, Light Cannon and Gem Warship

Oh also

Blue resisted Yellow's Electricity (Albiet not so well), so the Diamonds should probably resist destabilization.

Dargoo Faust said:
I have a profile for Obsidian ready here. I'm fine with doing Sunstone but if someone else wants to that's chill.
Like i pointed out earlier, sinde i dunno if it is a or auto-correction, Obsidian's Durability shouldn't say "Unfazed by WD's head/torso ship slamming her" since that's quite literally the opposite of what happened, she was defused after that slam. Tho you could assume they unfused shortly before they were slammed into the wall, but then the feat would still be removed all together.

Dargoo Faust said:
So, I daresay we're actually done.

What calcs are we waiting for to be accepted? And if they are accepted, is there anything else to discuss?
I thought Weekly said he wanted to talk about verse equalization rules for SU, though I guess that could be saved for another thread.

Also, did we ever decide what White's new quote should be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back