• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree entirely with the whole nuke thing. Never been shown to use nukes, and the entire argument for this point is conjecture. Being able to test for and treat radiation exposure doesn't count as radiation manipulation either (in my eyes).
The nukes thing was removed from the OP yeah
Radiation manipulation stays though, because of the nuclear carrier, not cause of the radiation treatment thing

And there are only so many ways I can tell you that I don’t need my proof to suit your arbitrary, contradictory, completely unreasonable standards that he has to be explicitly shown and stated to have it in order to have a possibly rating for it
Yes, you do.

Otherwise we might as well say to hell with accuracy and give Harry Potter's profile a gun because with enough prep time, he could buy a gun if he wanted.

What is the difference between "making something" and "buying something" in practice? Nothing at all, really. But it's not in his character to use or own a gun, so we don't do it even though, by all means, there is nothing stopping Harry Potter from buying or stealing a firearm.

Are you telling me that it is categorically impossible for Harry Potter to own a gun? If not, then you must acknowledge that is is possible for Harry Potter to own a gun?

Yet you understand why we don't list a gun as part of Harry Potter's possible equipment, right?

Okay, I'm going to resort to pulling up our page on Standard Equipment and Optional Equipment.

Standard Equipment refers to a set of items that a character can be expected to have on hand at any time. When listing a character's Standard Equipment please consider the following guidelines. Equipment listed as standard should be equipment the character has access to in a majority of their canon appearances.

So clearly, Child Emperor's tech cannot be considered a part of Metal Knight's Standard Equipment for obvious reasons.

This is not to be confused with Optional Equipment, which can encompass anything that the character has owned or made use of for an extended period of time, regardless of whether or not it's usually on their person.

Child Emperor's tech is not something that Metal Knight has owned or made use of in the manga. And certianly not for any clear extended period of time.

Therefore this discussion frankly should be over. Child Emperor's tech is not a part of Metal Knight's standard or optional equipment.

Yet you understand why we don't list a gun as part of Harry Potter's possible equipment, right?
Well yes, I do. Not only does Harry Potter not have a preparation key from what I remember, but he also does not need a gun. However, if Harry Potter was in a vs thread against the outerversal super demon who can only be defeated by a bullet, and he was given prior knowledge and a year of prep time, I think nobody would argue that he would be able to acquire a gun in that time and come and shoot him and win. For obvious reasons, it’s not something that would be listed on the profiles since it doesn’t fit into standard or optional equipment, and doesn’t have a place in his Powers and Abilities section either. On the other hand, metal knight having child emperor’s tech abilities would be something that would need to be listed in the profile since it’s a whole catalogue of potential new abilities that isn’t already something people would know he obviously has access to.
Okay, I'm going to resort to pulling up our page on Standard Equipment and Optional Equipment.

So clearly, Child Emperor's tech cannot be considered a part of Metal Knight's Standard Equipment for obvious reasons.

Child Emperor's tech is not something that Metal Knight has owned or made use of in the manga. And certianly not for any clear extended period of time.

Therefore this discussion frankly should be over. Child Emperor's tech is not a part of Metal Knight's standard or optional equipment.
If you were paying attention you’d know this is already considered. As said before, child emperor’s gadgets themselves wouldn’t be part of his equipment section, but the technology used to create them would indeed be represented in metal knight’s preparation key abilities.
So quick to end the discussion and try and close the thread before I even respond to your new arguments 🗿

That accomplishes absolutely nothing and wouldn’t be vs thread applicable in any way, right?
It wouldn't apply anyways. All the ratings are solely prep based and Mwtal Knight couldn't use them without constructing gear first.

But said prep can also be accomplished by just linking thr page and mentioning he might have other abilities.

Well yes, I do. Not only does Harry Potter not have a preparation key from what I remember, but he also does not need a gun. However, if Harry Potter was in a vs thread against the outerversal super demon who can only be defeated by a bullet, and he was given prior knowledge and a year of prep time, I think nobody would argue that he would be able to acquire a gun in that time and come and shoot him and win. For obvious reasons, it’s not something that would be listed on the profiles since it doesn’t fit into standard or optional equipment, and doesn’t have a place in his Powers and Abilities section either. On the other hand, metal knight having child emperor’s tech abilities would be something that would need to be listed in the profile since it’s a whole catalogue of potential new abilities that isn’t already something people would know he obviously has access to.

If you were paying attention you’d know this is already considered. As said before, child emperor’s gadgets themselves wouldn’t be part of his equipment section, but the technology used to create them would indeed be represented in metal knight’s preparation key abilities.
So quick to end the discussion and try and close the thread before I even respond to your new arguments 🗿
I was gonna go chill and do something else but now I’m seriously concerned that the thread’s gonna be closed the second I’m gone when I stop replying to the new arguments you come up with, which I am not a fan of.

But said prep can also be accomplished by just linking thr page and mentioning he might have other abilities.
I’m confused now
so you said it wouldn’t apply before, but you’re also saying that it would apply with prep if you link the abilities?

I was gonna go chill and do something else but now I’m seriously concerned that the thread’s gonna be closed the second I’m gone when I stop replying to the new arguments you come up with, which I am not a fan of.
Thread's not closed.

so you said it wouldn’t apply before, but you’re also saying that it would apply with prep if you link the abilities
What I mean is that the majority of his powers are not combat applicable. They're all prep based. The powers we give him are based off of those prep things or machines he's used for stuff.

Having access to CE's tech would not give him any of those abilities in a fight. They would be prep based powers.

What I mean is that the majority of his powers are not combat applicable. They're all prep based. The powers we give him are based off of those prep things or machines he's used for stuff.

Having access to CE's tech would not give him any of those abilities in a fight. They would be prep based powers.
yeah, I was proposing that they're prep only

Can you cite any other precedent where this amount of leeway is given to a character having access to certain technology?

obviously not, but surely something not having a precedent isn't going to be one of your arguments against it being true, right?

It would help your case more if this was something regularly accepted.

If you're asking for an exceptional circumstance to be approved, then it's not unwarranted to expect substantial evidence for it. More than what has been presented.

How much time are you asking for by the way before what gets accepted is applied and this is closed? Until this weekend?

Also just to keep track of everything
approved changes include radiation manipulation, energy projection, self destruction (for main drone), and that's basically it
the currently debated thing is giving metal knight access to child emperor's technology based abilities with preparation time, with the omission of brave giant

I don't know, I'm just gonna keep bumping it until something changes
The thread can't remain open indefinitely.

After a certain point you've got to accept that some of your proposals have been accepted and some have been rejected.

The thread can't remain open indefinitely.

After a certain point you've got to accept that some of your proposals have been accepted and some have been rejected.
it will close eventually, since it's impossible to keep a thread alive indefinitely
but today is not that day
for now, there is no good reason to not keep it open

About Qaw's suggestion, it is still kind of vague to me. Does it mean that bofoi does have access to the abilities when given prep time? Or does it mean a complete rejection of the proposal? Either way, I still would prefer to list the specific abilities that would be granted since the proposal only applies to child emperor's technology and not all of his abilities, specifying which ones would be a better way to format it.

Currently Cubrarii is blocked where I am so I can't get the scan, but to further support Bofoi being superior in knowledge in multiple ways over child emperor, it is shown that he was able to figure out the location of the monster association base long before chimperor did, further showing that metal knight is shown to be a better inventor than child emperor in more than just raw power
Metal Knight had a drone of his taken directly to the Monster Association Headquarters.... This is completely irrelevant Ziller.

The issue is not just "The character is super knowledgeable, so he should be able to use any tech that Child Emperor can use." It matters whether he has been shown or stated to use it.

Say, for example, the nation of Wakanda in the MCU is a highly advanced technological society with wealth, resources, genius scientists, etc.... Does that mean we would give them Tony Stark's arc reactor just because it has been shown that Shuri is cleverer than Tony?

No, I don't think we would.

You say that "We're not giving Metal Knight access to Child Emperor's gadgets, just the technology that those gadgets use"... but it's the same thing, essentially. You're inventing this headcanon version of Metal Knight where he uses poison gas, and ice beams, and adhesive bullets... but just because those things exist does not mean he would necessarily use them.

The best thing we could do is just add a note to his profile saying "Metal Knight's full arsenal has not been revealed yet."

It too speculative to say "He might be able to use this power, and this power, and this power, etc. given an unknown amount of time, money and connections."

The issue is not just "The character is super knowledgeable, so he should be able to use any tech that Child Emperor can use." It matters whether he has been shown or stated to use it.

Say, for example, the nation of Wakanda in the MCU is a highly advanced technological society with wealth, resources, genius scientists, etc.... Does that mean we would give them Tony Stark's arc reactor just because it has been shown that Shuri is cleverer than Tony?

No, I don't think we would.
Which is still a weaker example than this situation, in which we know that child emperor was directly under metal knight as his assistant for some amount time, and child emperor is only a 10 year old, meaning that the time between becoming independent from bofoi to the monster association arc would have not been a significant amount of time, an incredibly tight timeframe for, according to you, coming up with like 20 inventions that metal knight has no idea how to create.
So yes, I completely agree that we wouldn't give shuri tony's abilities; and no, it is nowhere near the same situation
You say that "We're not giving Metal Knight access to Child Emperor's gadgets, just the technology that those gadgets use"... but it's the same thing, essentially. You're inventing this headcanon version of Metal Knight where he uses poison gas, and ice beams, and adhesive bullets... but just because those things exist does not mean he would necessarily use them.
I would agree with you here, if it hadn't been for the fact that we don't actually see prep time metal knight fighting against an enemy; there's nothing to suggest that it would be out of character, or as you put it "headcanon", to say that he might think to do these things in a proper preparation situation. In fact he literally arrives late to the fight every time he could have prepared, against the monster association and again against dark matter.

Which is still a weaker example than this situation, in which we know that child emperor was directly under metal knight as his assistant for some amount time, and child emperor is only a 10 year old, meaning that the time between becoming independent from bofoi to the monster association arc would have not been a significant amount of time, an incredibly tight timeframe for, according to you, coming up with like 20 inventions that metal knight has no idea how to create.
That sounds like an argument from skepticism to be honest.

You can't get the abilities added to the profile just because you don't believe Metal Knight shouldn't have them.

I would agree with you here, if it hadn't been for the fact that we don't actually see prep time metal knight fighting against an enemy; there's nothing to suggest that it would be out of character, or as you put it "headcanon", to say that he might think to do these things in a proper preparation situation. In fact he literally arrives late to the fight every time he could have prepared, against the monster association and again against dark matter.

It is absolutely headcanon until it is demonstrated that Metal Knight makes use of these technologies.

I don't care what happens for the VS threads, so long as we've got this settled now for the profile.

You can't get the abilities added to the profile just because you don't believe Metal Knight shouldn't have them.
…uh, isn’t believing metal knight should have them like, the point of making a crt about metal knight having them? I don’t see your point here

When did I say “I think metal knight should have the abilities because I think he should have the abilities”
I don't think you've ever said that exact combination of words.

Anyway, this discussion appears to be done now.

Yes. I'll put a sandbox together. Can you re-post the scans here needed for the new abilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back