• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda wanted to change the formatting a little to include the preparation abilities in a separate tab to make things neater
which I honestly have no idea how to do, so I was banking on someone more competent with fandom to do that for me
I guess I'll take a crack at it if nobody else will

No I’m just not very well versed in profile editing, part of the crt was to add a tabber for his preparation and make the P&A cleaner (something like Garou’s) and then add some stuff to the gallery
and I have no idea how to do any of those, so…

I know it hasn't been even like 10 hours but
urgently requesting that this crt finished
I know you see this buddy, I can tell you see me bumping every day
don't think you can hide from me

Is there anything else left that needs to be covered? The Child Emperor abilities being added to Metal Knight's profile hasn't been approved from what I can tell.

it seems as though asura and qawsed accepted metal knight possibly having the same abilities as child emperor's tech, which is really the last thing left to be covered, and probably the most important

Hopefully they will return to this CRT because I'd like to discuss it more with them and cover exactly which abilities they've accepted.

I'll give Qaws a nudge.

Can we drill down into the specifics of why he should or should not have the abilities you're proposing for him?

Your primary reasoning in the OP is:

There have been multiple cases where the teacher is given the abilities of the disciple, such as Bang scaling to Garou's techniques, and Kamikaze scaling from his disciple's instinctive reaction and analytical prediction.

The issue is that these are viable specifically because it has been noted in the story that these teachers taught these abilities to their students. We know that Bang taught Garou his Water-Stream Rock-Smashing Fist. We know that Atomic Samurai taught his students swordsmanship.

We don't know that Metal Knight taught Child Emperor how to use all of the technology he currently uses.

and metal knight should have access to the same materials as chimperor (he is the most funded hero in the association, being paid billions for each individual security bot, which would at least be hundreds of billions given how many bots were on the level 4 defense system alone)

Having access to the same raw materials does not mean that characters will use them the same way. You give two characters a lump of cash and a bunch of materials, and even if one of them uses them in a certain way... we have no solid reason to believe that the other character will use it in the same way.

To say that "Metal Knight should get Poison Manipulation on his list of possible abilities, because Child Emperor uses poison gas"... Is no different than saying "A character could buy a canister of toxic gas from the right supplier given prep time and money, so all characters should get 'possibly Poison Manipulation'".

Is this making any kind of sense?

"A character could buy a flamethrower, so with prep time they should get Fire Manipulation."

"A character could buy a tazer, so with prep time they should get Electricity Manipulation."

"A character could buy or steal a rifle, so they should have a rifle in their optional equipment section."

"A character could steal a firetruck, so with prep time they should get Water Manipulation."

No. Both these examples, and what you're proposing for Metal Knight, go outside the reasonable boundary for Prep Time.

It is not a part of Metal Knight's character to say that these abilities or Child Emperor's inventions are a part of his profile and should be included. Leave Child Emperor's tech to Child Emperor and leave Metal Knight's techn to Metal Knight.

It's like saying "Garou should have Atomic Samurai's Master Swordsmanship on his profile, because Garou can copy abilities and if he looked at Atomic Samurai, he'd become a Master Swordsman."

No. Just because this could happen in theory, doesn't mean we give people with Power Mimicry access to everyone's skills and abilities. We usually only list what they've already shown.

Same for Metal Knight's tech. You can speculate that he'd have access to what Child Emperor has invented, and theorize that he could invent the same tech on his own given time and resources, but it means absolutely squat without proof.

Last edited:
Having access to the same raw materials does not mean that characters will use them the same way. You give two characters a lump of cash and a bunch of materials, and even if one of them uses them in a certain way... we have no solid reason to believe that the other character will use it in the same way.
Having the same raw materials wouldn’t mean much by itself, but when put together with the fact that metal knight is the most intelligent and wealthy hero and is essentially a military engineer, it becomes unreasonable to assume that he couldn’t make machines that use the same technology as his assistant could
To say that "Metal Knight should get Poison Manipulation on his list of possible abilities, because Child Emperor uses poison gas"... Is no different than saying "A character could buy a canister of toxic gas from the right supplier given prep time and money, so all characters should get 'possibly Poison Manipulation'".
Not the same thing at all, buying the things from someone else vs possibly being able to create it with your own resources is the very key difference you’re missing with this completely irrelevant analogy
Is this making any kind of sense?

"A character could buy a flamethrower, so with prep time they should get Fire Manipulation."

"A character could buy a tazer, so with prep time they should get Electricity Manipulation."

"A character could buy or steal a rifle, so they should have a rifle in their optional equipment section."

"A character could steal a firetruck, so with prep time they should get Water Manipulation."

No. Both these examples, and what you're proposing for Metal Knight, go outside the reasonable boundary for Prep Time.
It’s more like
“A character could make a flamethrower, so they could get fire manipulation with prep time”
Repeat for all of these analogies
No. Just because this could happen in theory, doesn't mean we give people with Power Mimicry access to everyone's skills and abilities. We usually only list what they've already shown.
Actually there are plenty of things we list on profiles that aren’t explicitly shown. As long as we have an argument in support of something that makes sense, nothing has to be explicitly shown. One look at any dragon ball profile can tell you that.
Same for Metal Knight's tech. You can speculate that he'd have access to what Child Emperor has invented, and theorize that he could invent the same tech on his own given time and resources, but it means absolutely squat without proof.
The proof isn’t absolute, but it’s definitely there
If he is a richer, smarter, vastly more experienced engineer than child emperor, and he don’t have any secret magic materials stashed away that metal knight wouldn’t have access to, and he was literally his assistant for an amount of time, then it’s a good possibility that he should be able to use all those technologies. As I pointed out before, metal knight is said to spend the majority of his time researching new weapons, and we know that he has been doing so for much longer than the 10 year old child emperor
on the contrary, child emperor does not spend all of his time researching, he is more actively participating in hero work on the front lines and is even a teacher. Between the time he stopped being his assistant to the monster association arc, he wouldn’t have time to make like 20 groundbreaking new inventions that bofoi would have no idea how to create anyways, it just makes no sense to assume that metal knight isn’t possibly able to recreate the effects of child emperor’s gadgets. It’s possible that he could, which means it’s supported enough to be a possibility.

I think it's time we brought this to a close. Qaws is fine with just a "possibly more" on Metal Knight's profile.

Let's go with that and end this thread already.

I'm getting nowhere explaining to you time and time agian how this is a very clear issue for the profiles and you're just not accepting it.

Having the same raw materials wouldn’t mean much by itself, but when put together with the fact that metal knight is the most intelligent and wealthy hero and is essentially a military engineer, it becomes unreasonable to assume that he couldn’t make machines that use the same technology as his assistant could

Not the same thing at all, buying the things from someone else vs possibly being able to create it with your own resources is the very key difference you’re missing with this completely irrelevant analogy

It’s more like
“A character could make a flamethrower, so they could get fire manipulation with prep time”
Repeat for all of these analogies

Actually there are plenty of things we list on profiles that aren’t explicitly shown. As long as we have an argument in support of something that makes sense, nothing has to be explicitly shown. One look at any dragon ball profile can tell you that.

The proof isn’t absolute, but it’s definitely there
If he is a richer, smarter, vastly more experienced engineer than child emperor, and he don’t have any secret magic materials stashed away that metal knight wouldn’t have access to, and he was literally his assistant for an amount of time, then it’s a good possibility that he should be able to use all those technologies. As I pointed out before, metal knight is said to spend the majority of his time researching new weapons, and we know that he has been doing so for much longer than the 10 year old child emperor
on the contrary, child emperor does not spend all of his time researching, he is more actively participating in hero work on the front lines and is even a teacher. Between the time he stopped being his assistant to the monster association arc, he wouldn’t have time to make like 20 groundbreaking new inventions that bofoi would have no idea how to create anyways, it just makes no sense to assume that metal knight isn’t possibly able to recreate the effects of child emperor’s gadgets. It’s possible that he could, which means it’s supported enough to be a possibility.
Not to mention we already know metal knight can do vastly more than just making stronger and stronger missiles and bigger and bigger robots
his nuclear ship, his flying drones that were made to disperse nuclear fallout, and most impressively that he was able to rebuild city A in 7 days, which would include constructing houses and electrician stuff etc.
he even seemingly has medical knowledge, as shown after the Saitama vs Garou fight

Not to mention we already know metal knight can do vastly more than just making stronger and stronger missiles and bigger and bigger robots
his nuclear ship, his flying drones that were made to disperse nuclear fallout, and most impressively that he was able to rebuild city A in 7 days, which would include constructing houses and electrician stuff etc.
he even seemingly has medical knowledge, as shown after the Saitama vs Garou fight
Frankly, that means absolutely nothing to me.

I think it's time we brought this to a close. Qaws is fine with just a "possibly more" on Metal Knight's profile.

Let's go with that and end this thread already.

I'm getting nowhere explaining to you time and time agian how this is a very clear issue for the profiles and you're just not accepting it.
It’s too soon to close this literally a couple hours after the weeks of bumping finally gets noticed by a single other person
Leave the thread open.

It’s too soon to close this literally a couple hours after the weeks of bumping finally gets noticed by a single other person
Leave the thread open.
How is weeks of no other activity "too soon"?

Do we need another 2 weeks of you bumping it every day and nobody else commenting?

I guess ultimately my thought is that Metal Knight might have the capacity to mimic what CE can do
If that’s the case then a possibly rating is still the best option to go with here
It might be a little more guessing than bang, but the evidence is still there
A possibly is all I’m asking for here, and it seems like you’re disagreeing with anything more than that, but if he “might” be able to, then it’s definitely possible

We're not listing any specific tech / abilties unless Metal Knight has been shown evidence for them specifically.

Can't just do a blanket assumption for every gadget invented by Child Emperor.

How is weeks of no other activity "too soon"?

Do we need another 2 weeks of you bumping it every day and nobody else commenting?
Closing the thread is going to accomplish absolutely nothing except preventing more discussion happening, it’s not like a thread being bumped is gonna kill you
Just let more discussion happening instead of trying to hurry and close it for no real gain.

We're not listing any specific tech / abilties unless Metal Knight has been shown evidence for them specifically.

Can't just do a blanket assumption for every gadget invented by Child Emperor.
Stop saying this
the entire wiki literally is under the assumption that nothing has to be explicitly shown as long as there is some evidence to suggest it
if you’re going to argue against it, then argue against it, don’t just keep repeating that things have to be very specifically shown to be listed on the profiles, because that has very obviously never been the case. If that were even remotely true then likely and possibly ratings wouldn’t even EXIST in the first place. Use a better argument than this.
That's what I suggested. "Possibly many more (noted as being superior to Chold Emperor and taught him everything, implying he should be able to replicate most of his technology)".

Then just link CE's page there.
That accomplishes absolutely nothing and wouldn’t be vs thread applicable in any way, right? Just curious, this isn’t my argument I’m just trying to find out what the significance of doing it this way is.

Stop saying this
the entire wiki literally is under the assumption that nothing has to be explicitly shown as long as there is some evidence to suggest it
if you’re going to argue against it, then argue against it, don’t just keep repeating that things have to be very specifically shown to be listed on the profiles, because that has very obviously never been the case. If that were even remotely true then likely and possibly ratings wouldn’t even EXIST in the first place. Use a better argument than this.
I have argued against it; you have dismissed the arguments because they don't suit your framework.

You just think that Metal Knight should be able to invent everything Child Emperor can invent, so all of Child Emperor's abilities are fair game to list on Metal Knight's profile.

And there's only so many ways I can tell you that is completely wrong unless you can specifically prove it.

That accomplishes absolutely nothing and wouldn’t be vs thread applicable in any way, right? Just curious, this isn’t my argument I’m just trying to find out what the significance of doing it this way is.
Yes. Why, are you trying to get all these abilities added for the sake of applying them in VS threads?

And there's only so many ways I can tell you that is completely wrong unless you can specifically prove it.
And there are only so many ways I can tell you that I don’t need my proof to suit your arbitrary, contradictory, completely unreasonable standards that he has to be explicitly shown and stated to have it in order to have a possibly rating for it
Yes. Why, are you trying to get all these abilities added for the sake of applying them in VS threads?
I very obviously said that was not the case when I mentioned that it wasn’t my argument there, but the point was just making sure that it was still actually rejecting the proposal, rather than just being a reworded version of the same thing I was proposing.

Disagree entirely with the whole nuke thing. Never been shown to use nukes, and the entire argument for this point is conjecture. Being able to test for and treat radiation exposure doesn't count as radiation manipulation either (in my eyes).

Agree with the majority on everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back