• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Nuclear Bombs
I'd like to start with saying that metal knight should be capable of creating nuclear bombs. This technology is not foreign to the one punch man universe, as seen in garou's nuclear fission attacks. Additionally, metal knight himself seems to know how nuclear bombs work, and has countermeasures against nuclear weapons. FInally, as the extroardinary genius military engineer for the hero association, he logically should be able to replicate nuclear explosives. In the 2nd scan, it even shows that he seemingly has a ship capable of detecting nuclear blast, as well as drones capable of cleaning up their fallout, implying a more direct knowledge of nuclear weapon engineering.
consequentially, I propose that metal knight with preparation should be given a 7-B attack potency via nuclear weapons, and corresponding abilities such as radiation manipulation. Also, metal knight being implied as knowing how to treat radiation poisoning is a neat little detail that I suggest adding to his intelligence justification.
2. Dark Matter thieves' ship
Next, I propose that metal knight (again, with preparation) should have access to the dark matter ship, as seen here (apologies for terrible quality), meaning that with preparation, he should have access to high 7-A weapons.
3. Child Emperor's gadgets should scale to Bofoi
There have been multiple cases where the teacher is given the abilities of the disciple, such as Bang scaling to Garou's techniques, and Kamikaze scaling from his disciple's instinctive reaction and anal prediction. This is basically that again, except with child emperor and bofoi. As child emperor is bofoi's former assistant, and metal knight should have access to the same materials as chimperor (he is the most funded hero in the association, being paid billions for each individual security bot, which would at least be hundreds of billions given how many bots were on the level 4 defense system alone)
as such I propose that in his preparation key again, he be given possibly

Limited Enhanced Senses (With his Heat Signature Scanner), Additional Limbs and Flight (With his backpack), Summoning (Has remote control units, the Underdog Men and Brave Giant), his Underdog Men can self-destruct, Forcefield Creation (Via Transparent Film and Umbrella Shield), Surface Scaling (With Birdlime Warheads), Adhesive Manipulation (With Pencil Missiles), Technology Manipulation and Electricity Manipulation (Via the Bug Net which nullifies hostile machinery), Ice Manipulation, Poison Manipulation (Used a poisonous gas to kill several monsters), Limited Resistance to Poison Manipulation (With Antigas Mas and Kero Kero Mask), Limited Resistance to Mind Manipulation via Willpower (Temporarily broke out of Phoenix's Man's Mental Area). His umbrella shield has Resistance to Heat Manipulation,
and brave giant's abilities
4. Miscellaneous additions and to-do
Metal knight's self destruction
Security system's energy projection

adding some images of security bots
And lastly, separating the preparation key from the base key, which would only have what is currently not listed as preparation on the profile.

note: I'll put the scans in imgur later, I'm lazy

Last edited:
Neutral on the Nuclear Bomb section

I agree with the Ship section

Neutral but leaning towards agreeing with the Child Emperor section, though this may change depending on arguments in the future.

I agree with Energy Projection via the security system, Self Destruction, and a preparation key.

Disagree with the nuclear bombs. If he hasn’t shown it, he doesn’t get it on his profile. Also, not all nukes are 7-B.

MK having the ship is fine.

Neutral on the Child Emperor stuff.

Self-destruction is fine, energy projection is fine. Don’t see a reason for prep to be a separate key.

Also, all the Discord scans in the OP need to be changed to Imgur scans, and you need references for every scan here.

neutral on whether he should get nukes or not but if he did shouldnt they be more like "varies from 7-C to 7-A"

Disagree with the nuclear bombs. If he hasn’t shown it, he doesn’t get it on his profile.
Saying that he needs to show it to possibly have it is fundamentally flawed, when it's something very implied in every way except for a direct feat.
as he spends all his time researching military technology, and already has multiple countermeasures against nuclear weapons, then it is insanely unrealistic to say that he never spent his time researching nuclear weapons.

Also, not all nukes are 7-B.
true, but wyatt suggested a varies, and we can just use the AP of real life nukes anyways. It's pretty irrelevant with the high 7-A stuff though, so it's mainly just meant to be for radiation manipulation, which is something that applies to all nukes
Don’t see a reason for prep to be a separate key.
fair, but at the very least it should have one of those tabber things or whatever to separate the abilities, just to make the P&A neat, like Garou's

Saying that he needs to show it to possibly have it is fundamentally flawed, when it's something very implied in every way except for a direct feat.
as he spends all his time researching military technology, and already has multiple countermeasures against nuclear weapons, then it is insanely unrealistic to say that he never spent his time researching nuclear weapons.
also I would like to say that the existence of nuclear weapon countermeasures implies the existence of nuclear weapons, meaning nuclear bombs automatically already exist in one punch man verse. So metal knight should likely be easily capable of getting his hands on one

as for child emperor, I can see that maybe the arguments given aren't convincing enough, so here's more supporting evidence
while metal knight had him as an assistant, we can probably agree that he was more knowledgeable than chimperor. However, we don't know when he stopped being bofoi's assistant, and for how long. We do know, however, that realistically child emperor shouldn't have advanced his technology noticeably more than when he became independent, for 2 reasons
1. he is a ten year old, it really couldn't have been more than a year or two since he left
2. metal knight's hobbies and dislikes according to the hero association databook show that he is most likely spending a lot more time on research than child emperor, who teaches at a school

and I'm not sure what the wiki says about this since it's technically outside help but, in-universe even if metal knight didn't know how to create his gadgets already, he could actually just call him up and learn how instantly, since child emperor is the only hero he's actually in contact with all the time. It's outside help but I mean....it's preparation time, I'd have to know the specifics of it to see how that works

3. Child Emperor's gadgets should scale to metal knight

I disagree with this.

We shouldn't be giving Metal Knight access to all of Child Emperor's gadgets. Just give him what he has been shown to possess.

some reasoning would be nice
Err, lack of evidence?

Metal Knight being Child Emperor's mentor =/= Metal Knight can do everything Child Emperor can without any supporting evidence / statements.

If Child Emperor had a statement that said "Anything I can do, my mentor can do too." Then that would be a case where it's fine, but no such statement exists as far as I'm aware.

Err, lack of evidence?

Metal Knight being Child Emperor's mentor =/= Metal Knight can do everything Child Emperor can without any supporting evidence / statements.

If Child Emperor had a statement that said "Anything I can do, my mentor can do too." Then that would be a case where it's fine, but no such statement exists as far as I'm aware.
Child Emperor did say MK capabilities surpass any other lone hero and at the very least he should be including himself on that sentence so idk

Err, lack of evidence?

I mean if you're looking for author intent, there's a webcomic statement saying he taught child emperor everything he knows which is already a relic that's referenced on the profile, and it's probably not gonna be too long before that statement appears in the manga too
but I gave more circumstantial evidence below
as for child emperor, I can see that maybe the arguments given aren't convincing enough, so here's more supporting evidence
while metal knight had him as an assistant, we can probably agree that he was more knowledgeable than chimperor. However, we don't know when he stopped being bofoi's assistant, and for how long. We do know, however, that realistically child emperor shouldn't have advanced his technology noticeably more than when he became independent, for 2 reasons
1. he is a ten year old, it really couldn't have been more than a year or two since he left
2. metal knight's hobbies and dislikes according to the hero association databook show that he is most likely spending a lot more time on research than child emperor, who teaches at a school

and I'm not sure what the wiki says about this since it's technically outside help but, in-universe even if metal knight didn't know how to create his gadgets already, he could actually just call him up and learn how instantly, since child emperor is the only hero he's actually in contact with all the time. It's outside help but I mean....it's preparation time, I'd have to know the specifics of it to see how that works
additionally, he says that the power of the weapons he possess surpass every hero, which automatically should include himself. Not a direct statement proving that he can replicate things other than having stronger missiles, but it clearly does show that he is at least superior in intelligence, and should have a higher capacity to be able to replicate chimperor's gadgets

additionally, he says that the power of the weapons he possess surpass every hero, which automatically should include himself. Not a direct statement proving that he can replicate things other than having stronger missiles, but it clearly does show that he is at least superior in intelligence, and should have a higher capacity to be able to replicate chimperor's gadgets
That's still not good enough; we need direct evidence.

This is like saying "Shuri is more intelligent than Tony Stark and Bruce Banner, so she should get all of their inventions on her profile and have all of the Iron Man armors as her optional equipment."

Child Emperor stuff aside you do agree that Metal Knight should have access to Radiation Manipulation with prep time? He did build a Nuclear Aircraft Carrier after all

That's still not good enough; we need direct evidence.
well direct evidence is usually not present in possibly ratings that have realistic circumstances for the rating but no proof
This is like saying "Shuri is more intelligent than Tony Stark and Bruce Banner, so she should get all of their inventions on her profile and have all of the Iron Man armors as her optional equipment."
well no, this is more like saying "shuri is more intelligent, has VASTLY more access to materials, technology, and funding, and also had tony stark working directly under her for a while, while tony stark went on to go teach a middle school while she kept researching 24/7"

we can go over each individual ability
metal knight not having knowledge of heat scanning seems incredibly unrealistic, this is pretty basic technology irl
having chimperor's additional limbs ability from his backpack is given, he literally makes walking robots
a gas mask isn't exactly futuristic tech either
he already has surface scaling too
bug net is basically just an emp, why wouldn't metal knight know anything about something like that
adhesive manipulation? Why wouldn't metal knight, possibly the richest character on the planet, not have access to some adhesive glue stuff that his 10 year old former assistant could
poison gas would be incredibly easy for him to get as well.
ice manip? we already have the ability to flash freeze stuff irl anyways.
and etc.
child emperor's stuff isn't even like futuristic 31st century technology, even irl scientists could probably replicate a fair amount of his kit with their existing knowledge, this is stuff that we would probably think metal knight could do even without the evidence of him scaling above child emperor
bofoi is clearly more intelligent, richer, and child emperor still sees him as a mentor when they discuss with eachother
I feel as though just because child emperor invented these things, it would be quite unreasonable to say that he couldn't replicate everything chimperor does on a larger scale. He even has the exact statement in the webcomic. Basically everything points to metal knight being able to recreate all these gadgets easy. It gets even more clear when you realize another fact.
If child emperor was somehow making all these scientific breakthroughs on his own, then why wouldn't he tell metal knight (or why wouldn't metal knight ask) about these things? They speak to eachother constantly, and metal knight seeing technology that he supposedly couldn't make would instantly lead him to do research on it, as seen with him stealing the dark matter ship frame 1 after it touches the ground. Realistically metal knight would already know these things, if not by himself then directly from child emperor anyways.

I see you really don't get my point...
all your points so far have been "lack of evidence" restated in 17 different times
can you at the very least respond to anything I said in my previous post? There is evidence, and it does warrant a possibly rating regardless of you repeating the no evidence phrase

I'll respond to your points tomorrow, but I get the feeling you won't like it.

I'll respond to your points tomorrow, but I get the feeling you won't like it.
If you’re going to bring up the statement that child emperor invented all his gadgets, it actually doesn’t change anything here, since the point is that metal knight would be able to replicate the gadgets, not that he’s the one who made them. I’ll hear you out tomorrow but as far as I can tell there’s 0 evidence that says otherwise, and the only thing you can do to disagree is to say that the evidence in favor isn’t enough.

To everyone else, I would encourage looking at the facts.
There is some evidence that implies that bofoi should be able to replicate child emperor’s gadgets, while there is no counter statement or anti feat to suggest otherwise. In other words there is more evidence than counter evidence, which logically means that proposal 3 should be correct. There is nothing to disprove the claim, and there is small evidence in favor of it to warrant a possibility.

I agree with CE scaling (though he shouldn't have the gadgets themselves, just the powers/AP) and the miscellaneous stuff, but I don't think the nuke AP works when we haven't seen any yields in this universe except for what his own drone used against the meteor.

Btw, you don't have to write everything out in the P&A section, you can just put 'should have all of Child Emperor's abilities' and then write a description in brackets of why he should at least be able to replicate the same tech.

As for Boros' ship, it was in absolute tatters with no functioning turrets the last time we saw it. So I don't think he should have it for now, unless we're told later that he repaired/replicated the technology.

Last edited:
Neutral about the nuke stuff, leaning to disagree

Disagree with the spaceship stuff for ByAsura's reasons

Neutral regarding Child Emperor scaling

Miscellaneous abilities are fine

Neutral about the nuke stuff, leaning to disagree

Disagree with the spaceship stuff for ByAsura's reasons

Neutral regarding Child Emperor scaling

Miscellaneous abilities are fine
See recon’s post for more direct evidence for the nuke stuff
Idk why Ziller didn't mention it but Bofoi literally owns the Supernuclear Aircraft Carrier and has counter measures against a nuclear blast,

At the very least he should have access to radiation manipulation for being able to design and build a Supernuclear Aircraft Carrier

I agree with CE scaling (though he shouldn't have the gadgets themselves, just the powers/AP) and the miscellaneous stuff, but I don't think the nuke AP works when we haven't seen any yields in this universe except for what his own drone used against the meteor.
Well I think brave giant has a 7-B+ calc coming soon anyways so the AP might not even matter when metal knight scales above that AP I guess
but as long as he has radiation manipulation then it’s fine
As for Boros' ship, it was in absolute tatters with no functioning turrets the last time we saw it. So I don't think he should have it for now, unless we're told later that he repaired/replicated the technology.
I didn’t consider this at all honestly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back