• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Regulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Dunno if I should highlight this...

Digimon Reference Books
So before this gets question too hard, I wish to create a new regulation regarding the official Digimon Databook. Now the word "Databook" already raised a red flag in many of your minds. However, Digimon Databooks are a little different. To keep this post short, I will not immediately post the entire history of said reference book and will do so if asked. To put things simply, The Digimon Databook is serves as the closest thing Digimon has to "Primary Canon" seeing as it has an "everything is canon" type of canonicity. Something this blog has explained. Many bits of lore and such have been detailed in the databook and has been a major instigator in many Digimon upgrades and stats. As such we have gone with this easily workable and flexible regulation.

The databook entries in Digimon are an exception to the rule as they are a primary canon well woven into the franchise, as there is even lore behind the creation in the book in that it is a research book made by interdimensional researchers.
Of course if you wish to edit said regulation for better wording feel free to do so in the thread.

Banning Fairy Tail vs One Piece and maybe Bleach
I think many of our members share this opinion. These matches should be banned. These threads almost never go well and usually end up with both sides going at each other's necks. I dunno what Fairy Tail brings to the table that causes it to be the center of flame wars and drama in battles, but obviously these fights do not work. There is also the fact of obvious mismatches being created revolving said characters. So overall I feel like battles between Fairy Tail and these other two verses should be banned.

If this turns into a mess I will make this staff only.

I am fine with forbidding Fairy Tail versus Bleach and One Piece threads, if they cause lots of problems.

You should probably ask Reppuzan, Darkanine, and The real cal howard for input about Digimon.

Well, Darkanine and Cal have already agreed to this regulation as we did format it together. I will message Reppu about this.

Antvasima said:
You should probably ask [...] Dragonmasterxyz [...]for input about Digimon.
That's some soul-searchy stuff right there.

Anyway, me, Cal and Dragon have already agreed on the rules regarding the Digimon databook. Not sure on Reppuzan since he's been busy lately and I don't wish to disturb him.

I think verses with similar explanations for their equivalents, or primary lore come from their equivalents should get similar treatment as Digimon, like the more popular Pokedexes from Pokemon and the Monster entries in Dragon Quest Monsters.

External databooks should probably be ignored, especially if they're third-party (like this cheap third party Pokemon Guidebook I owned that said Mamoswine evolved into Piloswine, smh). If they're written by the original author or a major member of the crew and don't contradict anything major, they should be fine to use.

Well, as Dragon already stated, I'm fine. Heck, I even worded the regulation.

(Ugh, I'm helping Digimon. What would younger me say about me now? ovo jk)

I dunno what Fairy Tail brings to the table that causes it to be the center of flame wars and drama in battles

Some people just really hate Fairy Tail.

For FT staff likely only Erza and Natsu (cause apparently people don't know FT has like 20+ character profiles on this wiki) should be banned with maybe Zeref and Gray at max.

LordAizenSama said:
The ban is a kneejerk reaction. Unneccessary.
Anything but a kneejerk reaction. When I have multiple people telling me that these fights amost never go well, it is more than kneejerk.

Still unneccessary. Just close down threads that get out of control, whicb in all honesty I've not seen happen. This is what we have forum moderators for.

The problem isn't the mismatches being mismatches. It's the fact that way too many are spite threads.

Where are these threads that got out of control exactly. I mean there was a One piece bleach fairy and naruto composite match and there was no flaming whatsoever.

LordAizenSama said:
Still unneccessary. Just close down threads that get out of control, whicb in all honesty I've not seen happen. This is what we have forum moderators for.
Closing threads doesn't help because people will stay make Spite matches against Fairy Tail just to increase the number of losses on Natsu and others' profiles.

Gotta agree with Aizeen, it's the not anything wrong with the verses, there's battles that could work. It's the people at fault, give them a minor warning about mismatches , no need to kill off the entire thing.

This was recently discussed on the Rule Violations Thread. Natsu had over 10 Spite / Stomp matches added as his losses, most of them made by the exact same users.

The simplest solution is to stop making so many stomp Natsu matches.

Since your return, you made literally three Bleach Character vs Natsu fights. And plenty of other users keep spamming Natsu threads.

LordAizenSama said:
Where are these threads that got out of control exactly. I mean there was a One piece bleach fairy and naruto composite match and there was no flaming whatsoever.
This not only includes horrible threads in general, but also reoccuring comments on how "this will not end well". Or "these fights never end well". And just flat out derailed threads.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1077808

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/982506

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/795060

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/916204

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/860824

Need I post all the obvious FT vs Beach Spite Matches. Not stomp, spite. Matches that are made discreetly enough to try and hide the obvious spite, and made so that we still hve to add them to files due to them still being counted as "fair".

And none of those are stomp or spite matches. If you care so much about how many losses Natsu has on his profile than ban fairy tail altogether.

@Matthew. I can make as many threads as I like. Not one of my threads have been closed for being a stomp, just a fyi.

I would appreciate you not to try cause drama by throwing baseless accusations around. Thank you.

@Dragon actually afew of those were good threads that got derailed because of other things.

Bepo4151 said:
And none of those are stomp matches. If you care so much about how many losses Natsu has on his profile than ban fairy tail altogether.
Did I say any thing regarding stomp? Nothing about that says "stomp".

Most of them are spite matches. Matches made out of dislike for one character, and a desire to add more losses to him.

Spite =/= Stomp. Let's not assume bias is place in these obvious spite matches. We're not dumb.

Look, I'm trying to edit comments so they don't come off as offensive while still getting their point across. Can people make my job easier by not being so confrontational?

If they ain't fair don't add, are the pages not locked?

If they're stomps close the thread, if the sane people spam than warn.

This probably should apply to everything, not just that.

Matter of fact how about we do that. If people can't make Fairy Tail fights without being obviously spiteful then please by all means ban Fairy Tail fights. The fact that we cannot have a fight that doesn't have "This character can do this" or "This was PIS" or "You're wanking" or "You're downplaying" just shows that said verse should not be used.

I got no problem with it. But banning a few verses with it isn't going to fix the "problem".

It's sad it's come to this, though. Just patrol threads and look more carefully at adding or removing wins and losses. It's not hard, I was a admin too.

Ok yeah no, thats pushing it. As so.eone who is completely and utterly indifferent to it , thats completely uncalled for.

Banning an entire verse? There's been worse dragon, why ruin it for everyone else over a few people?

I agree with the Databook thing.

On the FT vs OP/Bleach thing... well... I admit I dont like the threads. If the majority wants a ban, I wont argue against it.

Again, I point to the composite HST+FT thread. You would expect that to be a hellstorm but it was actually a enjoyable thread with good discussions over 100 messages

Then whay are we to do. As I have said countless times, Spite =/= Stomp. What honestly can I do to threads who just barely break the boundaries of fair in order to add losses to a page? I am open for suggestions. Just closing a thread will not help. It will just cause another problem. Reporting it will cause an even bigger issue. What do we do then?

I want the original suggestion (Tho I haven't seen FT vs OP go that bad other than that one instance. It could be because I actively avoid it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back