• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Regulations

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we're gonna ban verses over a few people making spite matches?

If we do it for ft, then it has to be done every time this pops up, no cherry picking.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
So we're gonna ban verses over a few people making spite matches?
If we do it for ft, then it has to be done every time this pops up, no cherry picking.
Again, give me suggestions. You keep saying that, but you have not given me a single suggestion.

Why don't we just tell the people who make them don't make spite threads, assume they're reasonable people, were good then if they stop?

That is wishful thinking. Said people can simply say "It isn't spite, don't accuse me of such things". What do we do then. I am open to suggestions. I really am.

The real cal howard said:
If you really want best of both worlds, just ban Natsu (and maybe Erza/Zeref) vs OP and Bleach
That can work. Then let's ban them.

Well obviously ta wouldn't word it like that. Unless they do it like 5 multiple times, in which case call them out on that bullshit. But once or twice just say hey this is a stomp, be more careful or explain why it isn't fair. If uts multiple then they're the problem and warn them.

Plus I'm not talking about only this, I mean in for everything here.

We have to try to make the job easier for our discussion moderators. They are mainly supposed to help out with content revision threads anyway, not cosntantly act as damage control for versus threads.

I'm done with this then. I will let you all decide what to do. I've given my opinions which were not accepted. Oh well, can't help that.

Hah...You can't ban spite, they would just pop up again. You can't ban verse even more so though, as the spite would just go to somewhere else, and another verse bite the dust. Probably, only herd immunity would work at this point: Flooded the spite thread with reasonable people (jk, don't take it too seriously)

This is all why I just wanted to ban certain matchups in my initial comment like we do DB vs SS and DB vs DC/Marvel.

But if it's just a few people then call them out on it, banning an enture verse because a few people are constantly making spite threads is a problem with them, not the verse. Why ruin it for everyone else who can keep it civil?

I mean, while I disagree I can concede in Natsu vs matches against specific characters or verses banninv if that'll make the most people happy.

Banning them...could work I guess? Most likely the fanboy would only like to argue between those verse anyway

Well, I am personally fine with forbidding Fairy Tail matchup threads, rather than force our discussion moderators to deal with even more work by constantly handling them.

The Digimon discussion rule suggestion seems to have been accepted in any case.

Anyway to summarize:

-Digimon Databook Regulation is agreed on.

-The banning of Natsu matches vs OP and Bleach. Maybe Erza as well.

So, does anybody have suggestions for what the Digimon rule should specifically say?

Well we have this.

The databook entries in Digimon are an exception to the rule as they are a primary canon well woven into the franchise, as there is even lore behind the creation in the book in that it is a research book made by interdimensional researchers.
If anyone thinks we should add anything to it, I'm open to suggestions.

As I said above, this is the Hannah Montana option, because you get the best of both worlds.

Erza i would agree, but don't see a reason for Zeref since the only actual match we had ended smoothly with few responses and even some "normal" discussion.

This idea of a ban is pointless imo. If you restrict certain verses because of an ongoing trend, we're going to have a very over regulated wiki very soon. Banning certain verses vs certain characters is ineffective too, because people will find a way to give Natsu an L if that's their agenda.

You're basically removing oxygen from the air because the air is poisoned. Just don't add landslide votes and remove all the ones that meet that criteria.

@Unite Might as well remove the other restrictions that are placed on DB matches and all the other verses going by same logic, cause i don't see why some verses should get the "special" treatment if the same problem is present on another verse as well.

I definitely do not think that we should lift the ban on Dragon Ball versus superhero comics, as that is the worst magnet for nasty arguments, but we have to try to find some kind of balanced middle road, where the few matchups that constantly cause us too much unnecessary time to deal with should be regulated, without forbidding so much that we sap the fun out of the wiki.

The problem with anime vs comics is 1. Comics tend to have feats directly stated and shown, where as comic fans harasss anime fans because 9x/10 their feats are not directly stated but rather implied and 2. They generally have a lot more hax

Calling "fun" vs threads with a character or two that are constantly spammed for no reason, since there are other 20+ characters in the said verse, is a bit much, but do as you think is better for the wiki as that is the most important.

Honestly, Dragon I respect your opinion about Banning OP vs FT but I have to disagree. We've had some of the most controversial battles between FT and OP go smoothly ( Example: Erza vs Zoro, Law vs Zeref, Ace vs Natsu, Luffy vs Natsu etc.) I think that we should keep One Piece vs Fairy Tail the way it is. Assuming that every FT vs OP thread will go to shit is just a nasty over generalization, not only that but it really make us seem like a bunch of apes that do nothing but throw shade at each other.

I do agree that there are some spite threads for Natsu but banning One Piece vs Fairy Tail threads because of that reason is ridiculous, considering most of the Spite threads made for Natsu have nothing to so with One Piece ( Kenshiro vs Natsu.) Arguably Natsu is probably the weakest High 6-C character with speed equalized, it's hard find a good opponent that doesn't overwhelm him with AP alone.

With Bleach I haven't seen much salt going on expect for Ichigo vs Natsu but that's because some user's were just being sarcastic whenever it wasn't necessary. Aside from that I haven't seen anything bad, maybe some arguing over the abilities characters possess but that's about it.

I have to agree as well with Aizen, we should simply analyze this matches in a case-by-case basis if they are or not a spite, banning this matches instead of handle directly the problem is not a good idea at all, banning a character from somee versus matches fall under the same scenario.

These types of regulation-changing threads should preferably consistently be staff only, as they othervise go around in circles and never reach a conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back