• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New polls suggestions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Doctor Doom himself isn't necessarily totally cut and dry given the time he looked into all the possible futures and the only one where humanity survived was the one where he took control or something, but it's probably just easier to omit light

This wasn't a philosophical debate about good and evil, this was a debate about what qualifies someone as a villain or a hero under the precedent of fiction. I honestly think people are just assuming the worst simply because we are discussing a topic related to morality

Well, it is also rather common that authors put the words of anybody who disagree with them in the mouths of unapologetic blatant villains who are villing to commit far more extreme acts than the original opinionmakers would ever do or intend, so that potentially complicates the issue even further, but this is the wrong place to pursue such a discussion.

Antagonist actually does have a different definition though. There are explicitly heroic antagonistic figures

Perhaps we could focus on if all the currently listed characters are iconic or well-known enough to be featured, or if some of them should be replaced?

So which poll should we use the next time? Favourite Shounen series?

We're already doing anime currently, wouldn't be be sorta strange to essentially do anime but more specific next

Okay. Which of the polls listed in the first post do you think that we should use then?

I suppose we could do fav western franchise, to parallel the anime one that directly preceded it.

I suppose that could be an idea, although I would prefer to use "Favourite Shounen Manga/Anime series", since we omitted several of the most popular ones from the preceding poll. It seems more thorough to me.

@Medeus

Thank you.

@Walker

I technically do not mind, as I like animals, although I am not sure if it fits the theme of this wiki, even though we have a The Real World page.

Yeah, and I think we had a better version of that poll a while back; something to do with various fictional animals species. Oh yeah, even the OP gives an example of that.

True enough, although again, I technically would not mind.

Antvasima said:
Something like this then?

Who do you think is the best villain?

Bowser

Cersei Lannister

Darkseid

Darth Vader

Dio Brando

Doctor Doom

Frieza

Ganondorf

Griffith

Hannibal Lecter

Johan Liebert

The Joker

Madara Uchiha

Marshall D. Teach

Sephiroth

Sōsuke Aizen

Thanos
Anyway, is it fine if I add this poll to the first post?

No Medaka Box in the shounen anime/manga list?

It isn't really a shounen series. It consists almost entirely of many-layered extremely densely compressed symbolic metafictional and psychological narrative satire and deconstruction. It is almost like a genre of its own in that regard, or rather there isn't a conventional genre that fits for it.

Anyway, is the villains list acceptable to add?

I kinda feel like it has too little video game villains, but apart from that I don't see any problems

Okay. Thank you. Do you have any suggestions for iconic video game villains? Akuma for example?

Okay. I will add The Lich King and Akuma to the list, and add the list itself to the first post.

I agree. While I'm not too knowledgeable on Portal, I know enough to say that GLADoS is a very notable villain in her franchise, and is very well known outside of it as well, what with all the memes and the songs.

Okay. I had never heard of Glados, but can add the character if you wish. Take note that only iconic villains should be included though.

Also, are the rest of you fine with if I use "favourite shounen anime/manga series" for the next poll, as a thematic follow-up to the current one, for completeness' sake?

GLaDOS is the primary antagonist of the Portal series of games. Which is not only one of the best-selling games from Steam, but is also well known generally across the internet, particularly with the "The cake is a lie" meme.

Antvasima said:
Also, are the rest of you fine with if I use "favourite shounen anime/manga series" for the next poll, as a thematic follow-up to the current one, for completeness' sake?
I would prefer something different this time, and leave this one for the next time. Having two similar polls back-to-back is not a good idea imo.

Okay. Should we use the "favourite villain" poll then, and use the "favourite shounen anime/manga" poll the month after that?

Okay. Thank you for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back