• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New category of profiles and pages?

Hop_Hoppington-Hoppenhiemer

Username Only
VS Battles
Retired
You know, this was a thing I thought could really help the wiki. Joke Battles Wiki has had this idea forever, and this can work in place of some location profiles too, as some ship in sci-fi are extremely large (Starkiller Base is an entire planet).

Do you ever recall a character's feat being in question, due to the thing they busted (remember the whole HBTC in DBS)? Or do you recall how some VS Threads have no location to suit the battle (although most of the time it could be irrelevant, with the except of Aang and Aiden Pearce types, where their environment means everything to their power/advantage). Well we can fix this with arena/location profiles.

We should incorporate location/arena profiles. Places with certain abilities, populations, attributes, etc.. Most characters mainly focus on feats that are straight up scaling, or even straight up denied a Tier due to the questionable thing they've done. Personally, I think introducing locations in a format similarto this would be appropriate to start with. We can giev a character a Tier based on how well they perform a feat that would require a certain attack potency. For instance, the New World Trade Center or the Eiffel Tower, no doubt Tier 8-C. Or something like the Justice League Watch Tower? We could calc that or find in verse evidence for things we don't know about by looking at the surface.

What you do guys think?

This sounds like a pretty good idea imho. It would be useful for giving a feel for what we use as our standard location for vs threads (Central Park, NYC).

I wouldn't mind creating a standard format and/or making a few examples to see what it would look like.

No problem!

I'm assuming that there would have to be some kind of restrictions? For example if the standard format is NYC, Central Park, then there would be some sort of barrier (to prevent the characters leaving the battle) as the battle is restricted within the location.

Well, yes, for arenas in the Vs match boards, but that's something different, not what I'm referring to.

But if we're talking the real world, New York city, there's no boundaries. And we would make a New York profile, probably place it on the upper 7-B scale, and give it a range, and possible enchancements for characters (such as characters who use metal or electricity, or absorb human beings would benefit greatly in a location like this, if you wanted to use it in a vs match). But more importantly, it gives us solid examples of things in a Tier category.

For instance, a church is High 9-A (Small Building) or 8-C (Building), the Moon is 5-C, and our Sun is 4-C, not in the middle, but the lower half of 4-C, but not low enough to be Low 4-C (Dwarf Star). Also things like our glaxy would be 3-C.

My apologies, but I do not think thst it would be practical to tax our calculation group members with calculating the values for destroying various real world locations in different manners.

It is better to focus on the actual feats of characters on a case-bu-case basis.

In addition, we are supposed to measure power levels, not list the sizes of locations and monuments. Wikipedia already does that to a degree.

That's what I meant, and I did not mean to imply we include calculations. This would be a very straigt forward type of implementation that is entirely supplementary, but not arbitrary, in my opinion.

And we can measure power by taking things that are busted (for instance, we usually have calc members use real world refferences, rather than create a calc and build off of that, because that creates calc stacking, IIRC).

I am asking if it would be practical to take obvious real world examples and have someone use those for quick references to forgo wasting a calc member's time to be asked to look at every case of a wall crumbling, city shaking, or planet imploding. These would include things like earthquakes, which is already known, and making a calculation reference page, or sustibuting that by implementing a visual example of what could qualify for a Tier or Durability statistic.

Well, that is more an issue for the staff only board, so I will move the thread there, but again, we cannot just assume objects to be of a certain size. Each case has to be measured separately.

Back