• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ah... hang on.. there are a few things that aren't said in the profile.

So in Fratured but Whole the new kid gets TimeFarts which allow him to do 4 things. 1 of them however is not combat applicaple so I'll leave it out.

Glitch: The New Kid is able to effectively "erase time" it's more of him letting the person do what ever they want then turning back time effectively negating what they did.

Pause: It's literally time stop. It lasts 10 seconds and it allows him to do whatever he wants basically.

Time Summon: He's able to summon himself from the past to help him fight for a short amount of time.

Well considering he is played by the player it varies.

While outside of combat he usually uses it to gain an upperhand before the fight, during the fight he can't spam it. He'll use it as a finisher or as a way to stop the person from using a specific ability.

For example, Ness would try to open with either Shield or a Status Effect, what happens then is that The New Kid uses Pause or Glitch to negate Ness ever doing it, but it still wastes Ness's resources and allows the new kid to retaliate.

Edit: Actually it is inconsistant on if he can spam these abilities.

Outside of combat Time Stop can be spamed non-stop but it only lasts 4 seconds, while in combat he can uses it after a quick break and it lasts 10 seconds.

Same with Glitch.

Wait, are those abilities thought based? (Unless it literally is a fart, which I believe it is)

If it's done through a fart, then Ness diagnosis him with thy paralysis or hypnosis. Ness can sorta resist Time stop, but not Time erasure or D4C (speaking of which, I wanna put The President of the United States up against this kid)

DaBigP said:
Wait, are those abilities thought based? (Unless it literally is a fart, which I believe it is)
If it's done through a fart, then Ness diagnosis him with thy paralysis or hypnosis.
It is a literal fart but everything stops while he does it and it works on a dime even if he is already hit by an attack or status effect. It might as well be thought based.

Yeah the New Kid is also able to Time Travel forward and Backwards in time, fart a person a week into the future. It's crazy what he can do.

Best part is, it's ALL real its not made up or a part of the kids play time, he literally can effect time just like how Kenny really can come back from the dead via cthuhlu.

That's a toughie, since they are both are equal in AP and that TNK can do more damage to Ness if it ever comes to the chance he is low on health

Status effect is nope'd by King Crimson, D4C is very limited and I think Ness can just put up shields to just protect himself within those times.

How does TNK healing negation work? There's also the

Ya guessed

Passive Fate and Probability Manipulaton that the new kid has to watch out for.

Edit: Those time abilities are sorta giving me an inconclusive vibe, because no way in heck TNK can harm TOTU.

So healing negation happens because of the debuff called Grossed Out, which makes it impossible to heal an ally or regenerate. It is a status effect however so Ness could get rid of it... but I mean I don't know how long that will last... because well... most of TNK's abilties inflict Gross Out. I mean literally... a lot of them do.

So Fate and Probability is tough... but it might not work because of one thing... Quantum Manipulation Abilities from his Speedster's abilities. The Class is described as "The Laws of physics are mere suggestions to the Speedster, a hero capable of bending spacetime in order to mete out justice." Also his finisher is literally him linking up with alternate universes of himself to deal out an "Ora Ora" Style beatdown.

I'm not sure actually, it could be higher because I don't know how many universes exsist in the South Park Verse. But yeah, I'm still iffy on how Ness gets that Fate and Probability Manipulation.

Ness can still dodge in frozen time, and that would give him enough time to evade whatever the New Kid does within that frozen time and retaliate with Flash, Hypnosis, or Paralysis, all of which would put The New Kid in a very bad situation.

I don't know what Ness is going to do about that Diavolo stuff though. I guess that kinda butt fricks him.

GreyFang82 said:
But yeah, I'm still iffy on how Ness gets that Fate and Probability Manipulation.
Shrugs

But hey, it made him into one of the strongest Low 7-Bs.

If you wish to find out more about this, then I suggest you go here; Wright did a splendid job explaining on how it works.

Ok, Ness can dodge in stopped time, he cannot attack in it. Ness's Limit is dodging anything else is unseen.

The limit of Glitch is seemingly 10 seconds according to others... it is un sepecificed amount of time for the experice of the player. For example a friend could knock down a light post, then wait as long as he wants and then it reverses time. Or it can effectively skip a person's whole turn... which varies.

I had no idea what that whole Truth of the Universe stuff was about. Apparently, this got erased from the English translation?

Honestly, they're are a ton of Jojo References in Fractured But Whole.

The New Kid must be the Jojo for Part 9

Mhm, this match in particular expanded my ideas.

Anyway, I guess Inconclusive because It just works. Literally for both of them.

It does seem inconclusive, because Ness can't lose because Fate and Probability and the New Kid can't lose because The World, King Crimson, and D4C work for him along with his ability to heal himself and remove status effects with his duplicate while he does actuall attacks... yeah Ness in gonna have a lot of trouble doing anything.

Yeah, and that "anything" he can do is stand there while God protects that there smoal choosen boi regardless of anything that may happen here. Yes, those time hax is JoJos level of hax. Like what AB said, he can still use the PSI abilities while TNK uses The World since he has minor resistance after all. King Crimson abilities can only negate 10 seconds of what they did previously, so if Ness just hits Paralysis or Hypnosis right off the bat then he might have chance there. Isn't there a cool down too? So then most of Ness' abilities aren't completely MUDA MUDA MUDA! Standing there is also an option for Ness because TOTU negated (or essentially let Fate go in favor with Ness and the gang) 99% chance of Giygas victory over the choosen 4. D4C is limited too, PSI Rockin is basically the answer to that because it's omnidirectional. You said yourself that what TNK starts with is varied, so there's chance of that screwing up big time.

None of those abilities will work on TOTU because of soon to be upgraded Acausality type 4.

@GreyFang82

I'm sure TNK can't just keep farting forever. You said it yourself; he can't spam it in combat. That means Ness is going to have time in between uses of King Crimson, The World, and D4C to attack TNK or use his PSI abilities.

I'm not sure, because the New Kid was never able to hurt Shub, he was just able to stop them from killing someone.

Also, the new kid is able to summon religious figures such as Jesus. Not sure if that really changes much.

If you saw my edited comment, you would know I'm not sure. It could be game mechanics, it may not be. The lines between them blur a lot of the time.

He can spam the 4 second one non stop but can't do so with the 10 second one. But what makes the distinction? The state of being in battle or not?

Edit:

Also if you played either game you would know the Kid can literally fart non-stop. He can only summon Jesus in stick of truth and he can summon Moses in Fratured but Whole.

As it turns out, there is one other way The New Kid could win.

The New Kid was able to fart so hard that it skipped 10 days into the future for everyone nearby, so if he uses that fart with Time Leap is able to effectively BFR Ness and I'm pretty sure this version of Ness doesn't have a mean to Travel through time.

It's getting late for me so I need to go to bed and get ready for work. I'll check in when I get the time.

I think you both fail to realize how big of a deal fate + probability manipulation is. No matter what kind of ability you have, if you are fated to lose, you're going to lose, because that's what fate means.

As for probability manipulation, what's the probability that TNK will do X and win? 100%? Let's make that a 0%.

As long as Ness even has a small glimmer of hope for hitting TNK, he's going to land that hit as many times as he needs to. TNK is going to be spamming King Crimson, D4C, and The World, but that glimmer of hope for landing a hit every once in a while is still there.

So yeah, just as Wright said, you need a high resistance to Fate and Probability manipulation to beat Ness.

Damn...

That's rather unfortunate, I actually love this fight.

Eh, whatever.

Maybe try Funny Valentine with Love Train? Or Novel Kars with all of his stands.

Back