• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Let's see what he can and can't fight...inb4 this is a stomp...

Earthbound vs Digimon

The Universe vs The Mother Computer

-Speed Equal

-Low 2-C versions

FIGHT!!!

Ness: 0

Overlord GAIA: 5 (Sixo, BigP, Drago, GoP, Stalker)

Inconclusive: 0

Ness SSBU
OverLordGaiaform2 rendered

Aye, I like this despite not knowing jack about Digimon.

I was about to do this matchup, but it seems that I've been Speed blitzed here. Oof.

Erm, so can you give me a brief and simple summary of this character and what its main abilities are? My apologies if I'm asking too much here.

No can do. My knowledge on the early Digimon World games is next to zilch. I got my knowledge from the profile though. They do detail his abilities. Or we can wait for Sixo to appear.

That's a-okay! I'll just wait here too and do absolutely nothing while we anticipate the response from a knowledgeable member.

Alright, so as for main abilities Overlord leads with BFR that without a conceptual reliance would've erased the player and their Digimon from existence, including Dark Area Digimon in such, which is potent Existence Erasure. It should also be noted that despite this conceptual reliance on the Matrix, Akira (the player) was still forced into becoming an abstract being as an existence in a dream. And uh this just happens to you if you're sent to the Cyberspace. Also should be noted that your ability to leave is nulled.

Since this is the Low 2-C version it's the less smurfy one which means he'll likely take advantage of his conceptual manipulation, which can manipulate the very ability of one to work with one another or to be protected by another and even the very existence or powers of a being.

Also passive Madness and Empathetic manip on a Universal+ scale.

Edit: And oh sorry, he can just fuse himself with the opponent in which he becomes "the ultimate being" and takes full control of them and their abilities.

Edit: And oh sorry, he can just fuse himself with the opponent in which he becomes "the ultimate being" and takes full control of them and their abilities.

Overlord Ness?

Also, GAIA's profile says its potentially comparable to a low 1-C

Ness should be able to resist Overlord 4D Passive hax due to resisting similar effects from Giygas. How good is Overlord fusionism? That may be an issue if he can absorb a living universe, but I think Ness should be able to fight it off since he has fusionism and absorption on a low 2-C scale (which he basically absorbed a Universe sized realm called Magicant and gained great powers). Idk if BFR could work on Ness. And I'm not sure if His hax can bypass Low Multiversal Fate and Probability Manipulation (Which basically is sorta like Golden Experience Requiem, but to a greater extent.)

An addition to this, which I think the solution may be to BFR but idk, how would Overlord deal with The Player? Who one shotted Giygas.

Overlord's passive stuff works on a conventional resistance and mindless beings, although I'm fairly sure Giygas' is potent too.

Fusionism was going to work on Akira (the player) and his Digimon who can absorb data and Digimon on a 4D scale in the final stretch of the game with the Chaos Generals and Chaos Lord and such. Along with being far superior to the Chaos guys, which is about 5 4D beings which can fuse with one another. OG >>>> Chaos Team. He's also taking over the mind of Akira who was easily resisting and was unaffected by Gaia's madness and mind hax.

After fusing he gains your abilities he hasfull control over the real and Digital World in their entirety , which is a massive boost to his range. Lord, I probably should add these as notes to his profile or make a blog so I don't have to say this every time.

So uh, Gaia's AP is not baseline like it may seem. The cyberspace, which he created and pretty much is, was noted to be huge and unlike the outside world. He's also unfathomably above the Chaos Lord and Akira in this form, to the point of where he needed to be lowered down in power by an outside force for Akira to even stand a chance, and Akira is potentially Low 2-C Post-Gaia (Post Gaia refers to Akira after he fought Chaos Lords and the Weakened Gaia). The Chaos Lords themselves are also decently above Low 2-C when fused, as they become superior to themselves who each previously threatened to destroy the Cyberspace and world themselves. So Gaia in this form is >>>>>>>>>>>>> Low 2-Cs who are above baseline, and he had to be lowered by something specifically made to counteract his very data and program. Also, despite him being weakened by the Matrix, which has a 2-C range and was made specifically to counter him and his abilities, his hax still worked. Just to an incredibly smaller potency. So imagine everything above, including Madness and Fusionism, just to an incredibly, unfathomably higher extent.

So basically.

• Fusionism works on absorption that affects 4D beings, and is superior to about 5 4D beings capable of forcibly fusing with one another.
  • Fusionism bypasses an incredible resistance to mind-hax that is likely comparable to Giygas.
  • Fusionism boosts his range to that of more than a Low Multiverse.
  • Literally, nothing is stopping him from conceptually severring the bond and protection between Ness and Truth of the Universe.
  • He's not baseline Low 2-C. He's unfathomably above baseline.
  • His hax and abilities still work despite something specificially designed to kill and null him on a Low Multiversal scale was put into affect, and this form has those hax to an incredibly higher potency.
Yeah, Gaia has my vote.

Well GAIA's particular Madnees Hax is a subset of Mind Hax. Which I believe Ness resists. Said madness hax makes it hard to find opponents for the Overlord.

Aw shucks, I feel like I'm going to regret this. But here goes nothing, because I honestly didn't have any motivation and energy to debate at all back then. But now, I feel better. So now I'm going to go ahead and straight up switch my vote to Inconclusive.

To be honest, Ness's real win condition here is relying on the Truth of The Universe, Which here it is assumed that Overlord has knowledge on its nature and abilities and even its existence within this battle (well mostly Overlord having knowledge of its existence but whatever). That's false, I don't see abilities or anything along those lines that will let Overlord detect or interfere the TOTU and it protecting Ness with fate. Even if Overlord has 2-C range (which it clearly says "Universal Level+", so someone might need to edit his profile a bit) with some of his jacked up abilities, I doubt it would be able to find Truth or let alone harm it.

Upon further inspection, Overlord has no resistance to Passive Fate and Probability Manipulation which pretty much makes this fight a bit less difficult that may result in Ness's favor or a stalemate via Fate. If GAIA's plan is to destroy the universe (or in this case, kill Ness or absorb him), Truth would most definitely make his abilities useless to ensure Ness doesn't lose and tip the scales to his favor. When I say "useless", I mean that TOTU could just make Overlord win con a 0%. This is all passive might I remind you.

DaBigP said:
Aw shucks, I feel like I'm going to regret this. But here goes nothing, because I honestly didn't have any motivation and energy to debate at all back then. But now, I feel better. So now I'm going to go ahead and straight up switch my vote to Inconclusive.
To be honest, Ness's real win condition here is relying on the Truth of The Universe, Which here it is assumed that Overlord has knowledge on its nature and abilities and even its existence within this battle (well mostly Overlord having knowledge of its existence but whatever). That's false, I don't see abilities or anything along those lines that will let Overlord detect or interfere the TOTU and it protecting Ness with fate. Even if Overlord has 2-C range (which it clearly says "Universal Level+", so someone might need to edit his profile a bit) with some of his jacked up abilities, I doubt it would be able to find Truth or let alone harm it.

Upon further inspection, Overlord has no resistance to Passive Fate and Probability Manipulation which pretty much makes this fight a bit less difficult that may result in Ness's favor or a stalemate via Fate. If GAIA's plan is to destroy the universe (or in this case, kill Ness or absorb him), Truth would most definitely make his abilities useless to ensure Ness doesn't lose and tip the scales to his favor. When I say "useless", I mean that TOTU could just make Overlord win con a 0%. This is all passive might I remind you.
Truth only protects Ness from death, he can't make hiss wincon 0% that's never been shown in verse, most truth has shown is that he can make a 1% chance more likely.

Example: Ness and Paula get incapped by Zombies: https://youtu.be/2wooUR96X8w?t=220

Pointing this out.

"His hax and abilities still work despite something specificially designed to kill and null him on a Low Multiversal scale was put into affect, and this form has those hax to an incredibly higher potency. "

Anyway, as much as I'd like to keep this thread going, I realize I must revise Gaia's page. So we gotta keep it dead for a bit.

Designed? Do those "things" that were designed to "null" him have those specific hax I mentioned earlier? If not, then it should be able to work, yeah? If anything, it would be Resistance to power null given what you just said.

It seems as if Overlord needs one huge CRT, so big oof there.

If all of this is true, then my vote still stands. Ness is fated to win regardless, especially against a foe who plots on destroying the universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back