• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nonexistent Physiology: Updating Characters to the New Types

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
This is a follow-up thread to this thread.

In that thread, a revision for the NEP page was decided, which has now been applied. What is now to do is to revise the types on the 447 pages that use the ability to the new format. I assume many of those will share a verse and can hence be edited together, so hopefully, it won't take that long.

Regardless, people already wanted to know how to update their characters in the last thread. So that's what I will focus on first. Those that get updated first will also replace the current examples on the page, I decided. Seems like the simplest solution.
For that, please post the feats/statements of the respective characters and explain them as well as possible. If you have an opinion on which types they should get, please state that as well.

For any debates that get wordy/complicated, we will of course create separate CRTs. This thread is just to manage the main bulk of things.

Edit: If you wish to add NEP to characters, who do not yet have it, please make a separate CRT for that.

Last edited:
What will the concept of nothingness be rated as? And what if caharacter is even more nothing after his concept of nothingness got destroyed? What will that be treated as?

What will the concept of nothingness be rated as? And what if caharacter is even more nothing after his concept of nothingness got destroyed? What will that be treated as?
You mean being the concept of nothingness? Any particular character that applies for?
That sounds like abstract existence for a start. What being a concept means for NEP is first and foremost that you are not Aspect Type 2. It would then depend on how things work in the setting. It is commonly, but not always, the case that a conceptual entity lacks a soul and is Incorporeal. If so, the qualify for Nature Type 1, Aspect Type 1.
Being the concept of nothingness in particular actually grants nothing additional as far as NEP is concerned. A concept doesn't share the properties of the things it describes. Like, the concept of a rock isn't a hard mineral. In the same vein the concept of nothingness isn't actually nonexistent or anything. At least, not inherently so.

Now, what being the concept of nothingness and then surviving that concept getting erased to would equate to: Nature Type 2, Aspect Type 2 at minimum. Since you can't be in the nothingness state (i.e. 0 in binary), you are not Nature Type 1, but 2 (neither existent nor nothing i.e. not 1 nor 2). And since you lack the concept that made you, you have Aspect Type 2. At least, if you are incorporeal (/physical nonexistent), but that is always a given.

Well I guess I’ll start first. This was the post Mr. Cutlery made for Greeza on the Ultra Series discussion thread after seeing the new revision for Nonexistent Physiology with some edit I made

Nonexistent Physiology (Type 1 and 3, Aspect 1, 3, and 4; Greeza is massless and has no energy of any sorts. Its very presence reduces space-time energy down to 0, a universal impossibility. Greeza is nothingness, void itself. The physical form it appears in is its own paradoxical existence which lacks any form of information forcing those around to perceive it, and as such, is not actually present where it may manifest. This prevents it from being analyzed by any sort of technology and also renders conventional attacks useless. Tregear, whose powers allows him to tamper with the biological functions of living creatures, as well as affect the minds and souls of individuals, states that even he could not do anything to Greeza.)

There was also a databook that rated Greeza's intelligence as 0 which supports it having no mind of its own but I kind of forgot which databook that was. But anyways if that's fine then I'll update the profile now with the proposal.

Edit: Didn't realize I got ninja'd by Axiom while posting it.

Last edited:
Exdeath and Enuo get updated to NEP 3 (Conceptual nothingness) while I guess the Cloud of Darkness (and her clone) remain NEP 1? (Physical nothingness). That's off the top of my head for Final Fantasy characters with NEP.
Exdeath and Enuo, at a glance, do seem to qualify for Nature Type 1, Aspect Type 2. However, I can't help but notice that they are not Incorporeal according to their pages. Is that a mistake? If not, they wouldn't qualify, and would instead just get resistance to concept manipulation due to lacking a concept.

The cloud does sound more Incoporeal? Or is it nonexistent in some fashion beyond just having no physical body?

Exdeath and Enuo when they get engulfed by the void literally become one with it, which essentially lacks any physical mass as it’s a space of nothingness as stated in the end of FF5

Well I guess I’ll start first. This was the post Mr. Cutlery made on the Ultra Series discussion thread after seeing the new revision for Nonexistent Physiology with some edit I made

Nonexistent Physiology (Type 1 and 3, Aspect 1, 3, and 4; Greeza is massless and has no energy of any sorts. Its very presence reduces space-time energy down to 0, a universal impossibility. Greeza is nothingness, void itself. The physical form it appears in is its own paradoxical existence forcing those around to perceive it, and as such, is not actually present where it may manifest, rendering conventional attacks useless. Tregear, whose powers allows him to tamper with the biological functions of living creatures, as well as affect the minds and souls of individuals, states that even he could not do anything to Greeza.)

There was also a databook that rated Greeza's intelligence as 0 which supports it having no mind of its own but I kind of forgot which databook that was.

Edit: Didn't realize I got ninja'd by Axiom while posting it.
First, there's a minor change in formatting I would make:
Now Nature Type 1 and 3, as well as Aspect Tyle 1 and 3 make sense from what you explained. I haven't seen a reason to give it Aspect Type 4, though. Your explanation deosn't appear to mention Information.

Exdeath and Enuo when they get engulfed by the void literally become one with it, which essentially lacks any physical mass as it’s a space of nothingness as stated in the end of FF5
I see, then from that point onwards they would qualify for Nature Type 1, Aspect Type 2, I think. If not more. Just going by what I have been told here.

First, there's a minor change in formatting I would make:

Now Nature Type 1 and 3, as well as Aspect Tyle 1 and 3 make sense from what you explained. I haven't seen a reason to give it Aspect Type 4, though. Your explanation deosn't appear to mention Information.
Thought Greeza would qualify for 4 as well since they said it lacked any sort of information and in Ultraman Z they tried to analyze it with their technology but it just said 解析不可 Cannot be analyzed. Oh just realized we forgot to write the section about it lacking information and not being analyzable my bad.

It is said to lack any form of information and cannot be analyzed by technology.

I'll just add this onto the description.

Last edited:
Btw, are we treating beings that either can live without a soul or existed before they had a soul or before souls were even a thing as NEP?

Nice, once I’m free I’ll try to update their pages.
When you're at it, add Incorporeality too, I guess.
Thought Greeza would qualify for 4 as well since they said it lacked any sort of information and in Ultraman Z they tried to analyze it with their technology but it just said 解析不可 Cannot be analyzed. Oh just realized we forgot to write the section about it lacking information and not being analyzable my bad.

It is said to lack any form of information and cannot be analyzed by technology.

I'll just add this onto the description.
You are free to add it into the description. I think they probably don't qualify for type 4, though, as that is for information in the information manipulation type 2 sense. You could add it as Aspect Type 5, though, if you want.

Btw, are we treating beings that either can live without a soul or existed before they had a soul or before souls were even a thing as NEP?
If they currently have a soul, then no. (And if they don't they still need physical nonexistence)

You are free to add it into the description. I think they probably don't qualify for type 4, though, as that is for information in the information manipulation type 2 sense.
Ahh I see forgot there was a thread that made information manipulation have different types as well. So just Type 1 and 3 and Aspect 1 and 3 for Greeza then.

Edit: Anyways I have updated Greeza's profile with the new Nonexistence Physiology changes. Changed the NEP Type format that I forgot here.

Edit 2: Just saw the Aspect 5 edit I'll add that onto Greeza's profile real quick.

Edit 3: And done. You think Greeza would be a good example for the new NEP page?

Last edited:
@DontTalkDT, I understand you had an issue with the Void Knight's NEP from the previous thread, perhaps you can elaborate on his issues in order to find out what would be what NEP type he should have now (if any). This also may affect other characters from the same verse.

Ahh I see forgot there was a thread that made information manipulation have different types as well. So just Type 1 and 3 and Aspect 1 and 3 for Greeza then.

Edit: Anyways I have updated Greeza's profile with the new Nonexistence Physiology changes. Changed the NEP Type format that I forgot here.

Edit 2: Just saw the Aspect 5 edit I'll add that onto Greeza's profile real quick.

Edit 3: And done. You think Greeza would be a good example for the new NEP page?
Yeah, I think so. Seems like a pretty clear cut case.
@DontTalkDT, I understand you had an issue with the Void Knight's NEP from the previous thread, perhaps you can elaborate on his issues in order to find out what would be what NEP type he should have now (if any). This also may affect other characters from the same verse.
I mean "an issue" isn't really the right way to put it. I just remembered from a thread that you explained that Void Knight isn't really incorporeal, making him one of the few characters that had NEP despite being corporeal. (and hence a useful example)
With NEP requiring physical nonexistence now, I would think Void Knight doesn't apply for it anymore?

I mean "an issue" isn't really the right way to put it. I just remembered from a thread that you explained that Void Knight isn't really incorporeal, making him one of the few characters that had NEP despite being corporeal. (and hence a useful example)
With NEP requiring physical nonexistence now, I would think Void Knight doesn't apply for it anymore?
Personally I wouldn't never consider nemesis users as Incorporeal, much less NE, but that was what people agreed with, considering stuff like "fuses with the energy of nemesis" (read One with the Nothing ability) as a justification for NEP since nemesis is considered "a force that opposes all the principles of existance" and being "beyond emptiness", even tho the context of the ability suggest other thing (basically being "immune" to physical damage, as long it does not aim vitals).

There's few issues I found with it, like the ability itself never stating that one may lost its body and soul (although one may turn intangible with a specific ability), and even the Void Knight is directly compared to be a being possessed by a ghost and having a piece of soul (stuff that allows it to use nemesis). The Nameless also suffers from, is not only stated to have a body and a soul in one of its abilities, but he also use ki, why is that detail important? well, in order to use ki one needs: a) be alive and b) have a body, (being alive is also synonym of having a soul), so conventional contructs, undeads, soulless and incorporeal beings are unable to use ki abilities (this is explained in the first pages of the Dominus Exxet).

What I consider beings with NEP, with one aspect/type or another, are: Etrien Gnosos, the Noth, and the Ghost Angel (although this one has no profile).

Personally I wouldn't never consider nemesis users as Incorporeal, much less NE, but that was what people agreed with, considering stuff like "fuses with the energy of nemesis" (read One with the Nothing ability) as a justification for NEP since nemesis is considered "a force that opposes all the principles of existance" and being "beyond emptiness", even tho the context of the ability suggest other thing (basically being "immune" to physical damage, as long it does not aim vitals).

There's few issues I found with it, like the ability itself never stating that one may lost its body and soul (although one may turn intangible with a specific ability), and even the Void Knight is directly compared to be a being possessed by a ghost and having a piece of soul (stuff that allows it to use nemesis). The Nameless also suffers from, is not only stated to have a body and a soul in one of its abilities, but he also use ki, why is that detail important? well, in order to use ki one needs: a) be alive and b) have a body, (being alive is also synonym of having a soul), so conventional contructs, undeads, soulless and incorporeal beings are unable to use ki abilities (this is explained in the first pages of the Dominus Exxet).
Yeah, I roughly remember the ability text from back then. Personally, I think these abilities are better classified as (advanced) Void Manipulation than NEP, after the revision. It sounds more like an ontological fusion and some body parts getting replaced by Nemesis, rather than actually getting rid of the body completly.

What I consider beings with NEP, with one aspect/type or another, are: Etrien Gnosos, the Noth, and the Ghost Angel (although this one has no profile).
Lacking a body, soul and concept for Etrien does sound like NEP Nature Type 1, Aspect Type 1, 2.
Can you expand a little on the other two?

So do characters who are considered illusions have a chance at having Nonexistent Physiology? Because two of the characters that I know have it based on that reason. If not, I'll just remove the power from their profiles, if it does qualify, i can gather evidence for a proper evaluation.

Lacking a body, soul and concept for Etrien does sound like NEP Nature Type 1, Aspect Type 1, 2.
Can you expand a little on the other two?
Here is the entire profile of the Etrien so you can have a higher insight. As for the other:

a) The Noth are a weird thing, most info about them are written in that doc I sent you (although I noticed there were a piece of text missing, it should be updated now); they are like alien to existance, stated to be "devoid of concepts or something like a 'nature'" as well as being "absolutely nothing". They only perceive stuff elevated existential energy, and only beings with elevated Gnosis, or Gnosis above their Nature, can perceive and interact with them, as well as damaging them; and even yet, they are immune to everything that would suggest a Resistance Check (as you notice, they have a Power and Willpower score of -, meaning either that have no spirit or will, or that their spirit or will is "immutable"). Something curious is that they possesses different requeriments to perceive them than spirits (that requires specific abilities such See the Supernatural and Damage Energy), so is possible to interact with a Noth, and yet being unbale to perceive and/or interact with a Noth.

b) As for the Ghost Angel, it has no physical nor spiritual form, and inhabit outside of reality until it possesses a body, considered in a state of nonexistence while not having a body. It also lacks personality, being unable to communicate while is has no body, it can only vaguely share ideas, but it still possesses a will, a strong desire to do something; the moment it possesses a willing host, it takes the personality of it as as well as its knowledge (is basically the same individual with a different goal). If you destroy its body, it will return to be nonexistent for a while (time varies depending of who destroyed it), and unless the angel is completely fused with its host, there's no way to ultimately destroy it (the angel always save a little bit of its power to guarentee its "life", so ultimately destroying it seems not likely at the moment). There seems to be no way to perceive it or interact with it while it has no body.

So do characters who are considered illusions have a chance at having Nonexistent Physiology? Because two of the characters that I know have it based on that reason. If not, I'll just remove the power from their profiles, if it does qualify, i can gather evidence for a proper evaluation.
Illusions are physically nonexistent at least. Whether they can have NEP depends on whether you can make an argument for them lacking a soul, mind, concept, information body or Other part of their existence besides the physical one.
Wait how you can have than 1 nature type for NEP????
You mean more than one? By having different Nature Types for different Aspects. In Greeza's case he had physically paradoxical nonexistence, but material nonexistence for his other aspects.

Btw the way, there's other thing worth noticing in the verse: one thing is soul, and another is spirit, the difference? well, if you split a rock in two, its spirit is split in two, if you split a human person in two, its spirit, its soul, go back to the Nexus of Souls. There's a bunch of soulless beings in ABF, more notable constructs and wake specters, but yet they have spirit; only the basic undeads, such zombies, lack both soul and spirit (although going for the description of the necromancy spells, they may still have some essence, a corrupted one; notice how zombies have a Power score of 1 and not - as the Noth's).

Here is the entire profile of the Etrien so you can have a higher insight. As for the other:

a) The Noth are a weird thing, most info about them are written in that doc I sent you (although I noticed there were a piece of text missing, it should be updated now); they are like alien to existance, stated to be "devoid of concepts or something like a 'nature'" as well as being "absolutely nothing". They only perceive stuff elevated existential energy, and only beings with elevated Gnosis, or Gnosis above their Nature, can perceive and interact with them, as well as damaging them; and even yet, they are immune to everything that would suggest a Resistance Check (as you notice, they have a Power and Willpower score of -, meaning either that have no spirit or will, or that their spirit or will is "immutable"). Something curious is that they possesses different requeriments to perceive them than spirits (that requires specific abilities such See the Supernatural and Damage Energy), so is possible to interact with a Noth, and yet being unbale to perceive and/or interact with a Noth.
Reading through things, I would say it's pretty clear that they are supposed to have some conceptual nonexistence as well as nonexistent minds, and are incorporeal. So as long as they are incorporeal they would have Nature Type 1 (& 3 for those with intelligence), Aspect Type 2 and 3.

b) As for the Ghost Angel, it has no physical nor spiritual form, and inhabit outside of reality until it possesses a body, considered in a state of nonexistence while not having a body. It also lacks personality, being unable to communicate while is has no body, it can only vaguely share ideas, but it still possesses a will, a strong desire to do something; the moment it possesses a willing host, it takes the personality of it as as well as its knowledge (is basically the same individual with a different goal). If you destroy its body, it will return to be nonexistent for a while (time varies depending of who destroyed it), and unless the angel is completely fused with its host, there's no way to ultimately destroy it (the angel always save a little bit of its power to guarentee its "life", so ultimately destroying it seems not likely at the moment). There seems to be no way to perceive it or interact with it while it has no body.
That sounds like Nature Type 1, Aspect Type 1, given the spiritual nonexistence. One could probably add Aspect Type 5 to that for lacking a personality. I think, due to being noted for having desires/will, it is better to list it like that instead of Mental Nonexistence.

Illusions are physically nonexistent at least. Whether they can have NEP depends on whether you can make an argument for them lacking a soul, mind, concept, information body or Other part of their existence besides the physical one.

You mean more than one? By having different Nature Types for different Aspects. In Greeza's case he had physically paradoxical nonexistence, but material nonexistence for his other aspects.

Based on that Grimm=Grimm and M should still have NEP.

The fact that Grimm is a math equation, in addition to being an illusion, and everything related from the phenomenon equation experiments like the critters are possibilities that don't have a life, and are phenomena, hence why they can enter information space, they clearly don't have souls.

As for M, he predates creation itself, is not even be human nor a living being, he is just "Black", is the same as Sharnoth, which has absolutely nothing, and he isn't even real, being an illusion. Would lacking emotions qualify him for Aspect 5, Other? He lacks emotions, hence why nothing exists in his world of Sharnoth as Sharnoth is an extension of himself.

So, it would be like: Nature 1, Aspect 1 and 2 for the Etrien Gnosos; Nature 1 and 3 for those of high hierarchy, Aspect 2 and 3 for the Noth; and Nature 1, Aspect 5 for the Ghost Angel (if some day one decides to create its profile), right? Take into account that: to interact with the Etrien damaging energy is what is necessary (not gnosis involved), toto perceive and damage the Noth is required elevated Gnosis/Natural+ (damaging energy is not necessary), and there's no known way to interact with GA while not possessing a body.

Meanwhile, removing NEP from Nemesis users, such Nameless and Void Knight would be necessary.

Okay so questions, what if in your verse, your soul is actually not really in your body but based in a structure that's incredibly far (about 1-A in distance), and is made of an "energy" that has no core concept. And additionally, on top of this, there are beings in the same verse who have no souls at all, which is confusing enough to differentiate from a soul that isn't physically "there" in your body and is also simultaneously made from an energy that has no core concept.

The source in Maou Gakuin is the fundamental concept of existence (currently classified as a type 2 concept) that all living things hold within them, and it defines all aspects of an individual. It also exists beyond the body, soul/spirit and mind.

Graham's NEP should be updated to Nature Type 2, Aspect Types 1, 2, 3.
Graham's source is the Source (concept) of Nothingness, and Graham's true nature is that of a pure nothingness (described as "nothingness without reason/logic") that takes place after his source (concept) is destroyed.
Nature Type 2 because he's nonexistent at a conceptual level, and Aspect Types 1, 2, 3 because as nothingness he lacks his source, and without a source his body, soul/spirit and mind also cease to exist.

Anos Voldigoad's NEP should be updated to Nature Type 2, Aspect Type 2.
Anos' source is fused with Graham's nothingness, and he is capable of using the latter's nothingness as a "shield", which converts anything it interacts with into nothingness, to protect himself or to attack.
Nature Type (2) depends on Graham's Nature Type because he's just using Graham's nothingness, and Aspect Type 2 because so far he has only used that nothingness to protect his source (concept).

**Also, IMO concept manip type 1 should not be able to affect both nonexistent Graham and Anos' source when protected by Graham's nothingness. Here are my reasons.

Last edited:
This is a write-up for Aethyr, though just for sake of scrutiny, as the NEP changes will likely be a part of a Warhammer Cosmology CRT instead due to how fundamentally important this is to the Cosmology changes. This is to define Aethyr, as Aethyr is a fundamental energy that makes up majority of beings in Warhammer, and is the fundamental energy that composes the gods in Warhammer.

Aethyr is a fundamental part of Warhammer's existence, and precedes all concepts. It is a boiling mass of raw causality with no measurable dimension, mass, energy, core concept of its own. It is so fundamental that it has no definite, existing, physical reality of its own that it is far more fundamental than any abstract, insubstantial, and debatably existing object on the mortal plane. Aethyr is fundamentally immeasurable because of its lack of existence to measure, and instead can be roughly defined as pure potential, the sole generator of change in the system.

Aethyr is currently agreed on as Type 1 Concept, as it precedes concepts yet can be used to affect existing one without being affected by manipulating lower concepts it affects, and simply has no core concept of its own. The fact that it affects reality despite fundamentally not existing is a sign for both material nonexistence (due to its lack of physical dimensions), and paradoxical nonexistence (due to being able to affect reality despite its lack of dimension or concept), and maybe Idealistic Nonexistence due to Aethyr's so many fundamental aspects preceding key aspects of reality, including concepts. This was accepted previously for NEP2 in the old system.

Additionally, Aethyric beings such as Gods, Daemons, and Chaos Gods are made of this energy exclusively, and lack minds and souls as we know them. This will change from hero to hero, and figure to figure as we move on. But covering Aethyric Physiology, Aethyric beings simply lack minds, souls and concepts due to being fundamentally made of this energy.

So what I am thinking:
Nonexistent Physiology: Nature Type 1, possibly 2, and 3, Aspects 1, 2, 3, & 4. Aethyr is an energy that exists contrary to all known physical laws and has no time, mass, energy, dimension and core concept of its own. Aethyr has no dimension, mass, and volume yet exists and is a fundamental aspect of reality. It lacks substance yet is the basis for all substance and processes in existence. Despite lacking information or core concepts, it is fundamental towards the use of magic and divination. Despite lacking a concept, it can take concepts into itself as a catalyst for the creation of spells.)

Supplementary scans:

Last edited:
What would any of these be?

Giygas: Dude embodies darkness, which is the void left after the Erasure of the concepts in context. He lacks a mind too.

Kriemhild Gretchen: Is made of despair, which in context is something that doesn't exist anymore due to it being erased on a conceptual level across all spacetime.

J8suke: His bubbles are infinitely thin, making them Nonexistent, thus able to break the laws of calamity and phase through physical objects.

Monika: Self explanatory.

Back