• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nonexistent Physiology: Updating Characters to the New Types

For Fate we have Saber (Musashi Miyamoto) who had "limited NEP2" because this. (Musashi's goal of reaching Zero required her to erase herself on a conceptual level, scrapping off as much of her existence as possible, leaving only the Void. Once she reached Zero, she had come to a state of existence beyond space, time and reality, existing in neither pruned or parallel world.) I don't really know in which type she would fall.

we have Caster (Maxwell's Demon) who is a theoretical being that don't exist as his thought experiment was never solved, its allow him to not be affected by anything in the world except for a thing that allow to kill thing that does not exist. (the counterpart is that himself can't interact with the world). He should have paradoxal existence and i don't know much for the type as he can't be affected by any different hax in the verse that isn't specifically made for target his specific type of non existance.
(As a theoretical being whose thought experiment was never solved, Maxwell is not even a Heroic Spirit and does not exist. This makes it so nothing in the world can even hit him, not even Servants that can interact with Kama. Only things that can destroy that which does not exist can kill him)

Kama (Fate Series) (She doesn't have physical body and Shiva already erased her down to conceptual level, Kama also called herself a void) she should have idealist (type1, 2 and 4) and paradoxal (type 3) As, in the series, a conceptual extent is regarded as more fundamental than the mind or soul, these would still not exist but she act like she had one.

and we have Swirl of the Root and Ryougi Shiki. they should have idealistic nonexistence, their are free from binary existance, precede creation and every concept, they should have all type, it doesn't posses any concept( don't have time nor causalitie etc), don't have soul nor mind nor psyche (just void shiki have intelligence but she doesn't have a mind/soul/psyche), it doesn't restricted to dimmension, reality and boundary, doesn't possesses meaning, can't be defined or described. techically not even part of the plot as every description that lead to try to define it in the story is no longer related to it.

( Its meaning varied depending on each individual's understanding. To put it in simple terms, it was the Spiral of Origin.
However, since the Spiral of Origin was called the Spiral of Origin, it was no longer ' '.
To properly express this term was a source of headache during the production of the drama CDs.)

Last edited:
For characters from Under Night In-Birth we have those Re-Birth or Void being character such as Kuon and Merkava should have NEP (Nature type 1, Aspect type 1) (Lack physical body and soul)

Voids are dark shadows and beings who lack EXS/Existence. Voids are unable to interact with the normal world unless there are high concentrations of EXS, nor can they be perceived.

Re-Births are people with powers that transcend those of normal In-Births and their body will transform into a void, it mean becoming to Re-Birth is similar to becoming a void. For those who turn into Re-Birth their soul will become a darkness itself, darkness/black shadow is also described as void.

Last edited:
It is? the despair still exists and collects in their soul gems but they don't become them because madoka
She's made of despair.

And Soul Gems can't contain that anymore, as they got purified when Madoka appeared, implying they can't store despair anymore. It's not that the despair is there, but Madoka just stopped it from exploding, it just doesn't exist anymore.

Gremmy,Yhwach and prime soul king.

Should get none existent physiology. Nature type 1,Aspect type 1 and 4

The can make them selves spiritually none existent and make others forget their existence.
Thats not aspect type 4
That is literally just Memory Manip
also it needs to be activated which needs to be specified on the profiles

She's made of despair.

And Soul Gems can't contain that anymore, as they got purified when Madoka appeared, implying they can't store despair anymore. It's not that the despair is there, but Madoka just stopped it from exploding, it just doesn't exist anymore.
Soul gems can't contain despair, what? that's what corrupts them which still happens in the world of wraiths, madoka doesn't stop the buildup of despair, only the transformation into witches. ukg being made of despair and being nonexistent doesn't mean despair is nonexistent

Soul gems can't contain despair, what? that's what corrupts them which still happens in the world of wraiths, madoka doesn't stop the buildup of despair, only the transformation into witches. ukg being made of despair and being nonexistent doesn't mean despair is nonexistent
K.

When They Cry guys should get type 1 I guess? They lack a body and their meta-one is basically their soul (since they kinda are evolved spiritual beings), which only exist if they think about it.

Alright, finished my work for the day, time to work through this. Won't do everything in one go, but I will get to everyone.

Based on that Grimm=Grimm and M should still have NEP.

The fact that Grimm is a math equation, in addition to being an illusion, and everything related from the phenomenon equation experiments like the critters are possibilities that don't have a life, and are phenomena, hence why they can enter information space, they clearly don't have souls.

As for M, he predates creation itself, is not even be human nor a living being, he is just "Black", is the same as Sharnoth, which has absolutely nothing, and he isn't even real, being an illusion. Would lacking emotions qualify him for Aspect 5, Other? He lacks emotions, hence why nothing exists in his world of Sharnoth as Sharnoth is an extension of himself.
I don't quite get your reasoning as for them having no soul.

I would personally not give out NEP just for lacking emotions. If the character already gets NEP I don't mind Aspect Type 5 being added for that, though.

Mercurius currently has type 1 NEP, and it should clarify that it’s also spiritual
From what the profile states Nature Type 1; Aspect Type 2 seems fitting. Although I#m not sure what "Sensories" refers to.

So, it would be like: Nature 1, Aspect 1 and 2 for the Etrien Gnosos; Nature 1 and 3 for those of high hierarchy, Aspect 2 and 3 for the Noth; and Nature 1, Aspect 5 for the Ghost Angel (if some day one decides to create its profile), right? Take into account that: to interact with the Etrien damaging energy is what is necessary (not gnosis involved), toto perceive and damage the Noth is required elevated Gnosis/Natural+ (damaging energy is not necessary), and there's no known way to interact with GA while not possessing a body.

Meanwhile, removing NEP from Nemesis users, such Nameless and Void Knight would be necessary.
That sounds correct, I think.

Can characters have only aspects?
No. The aspects need to be of some nature, after all.

There's some characters in Xblaze that have statements of simultaneously existing and not existing, and they're naturally incorporeal. Is this considered Idealistic or Paradoxical Nonexistence?
It would be paradoxical nonexistence, provided they meet the requirements of at least one of the Aspect Types.

Okay so questions, what if in your verse, your soul is actually not really in your body but based in a structure that's incredibly far (about 1-A in distance), and is made of an "energy" that has no core concept. And additionally, on top of this, there are beings in the same verse who have no souls at all, which is confusing enough to differentiate from a soul that isn't physically "there" in your body and is also simultaneously made from an energy that has no core concept.
If the souls exists, it doesn't matter where or on how high tier of a level it exists. It still exists.

Gremmy,Yhwach and prime soul king.

Should get none existent physiology. Nature type 1,Aspect type 1 and 4

The can make them selves spiritually none existent and make others forget their existence.
I would ask you to please make a separate CRT and debate it with knowledgeable Bleach members there (you can link the thread here and I will give my opinion). On one hand Bleach will inevitably be controversial and on the other do these characters not have NEP yet, so they should recieve a more extensive review than just the updating of already accepted stuff we do here.

Btw, if there’s a concept who can exist after their own concept is erased from reality, that can make them conceptually nonexistent right?

Correct me if I'm wrong, wouldn't Kriemhild Gretchen qualify for Nature Type 3 + Aspect Type 1, 2, 3, and 5?

A normal witch already lacks of soul by default, and most of the witches also pretty mindless. Then the concept of witch got nuked, along with their history. UKG had those I mentioned got nuked but still acts as if she had them.

If UKG is at a state where it simultaneously exists and doesn't exist, or is in a state of neither then it would by nature type 2 or 3, but if not and it just has conceptually nonexistent then it would be type 1 Nature at best.

Btw, if there’s a concept who can exist after their own concept is erased from reality, that can make them conceptually nonexistent right?
I guess... although, logically speaking, it's not a concept then.
Not really, and the NEP only applies to his sensory and is removed with his true form
Well, then adding it to his sensory seems fine, but to his true form not as much.
Ok then, do I need to do any other thing before applying any change?
I think not. Unless you think the change will be controversial with other knowledgeable members. In that case, it might be better to make a CRT about it and talk with them before rather than after.
Wonder what type Mario would qualify as having via Color Splash shenanigans. I'm not sure.
Me neither, as I have no idea what that is.

The source in Maou Gakuin is the fundamental concept of existence (currently classified as a type 2 concept) that all living things hold within them, and it defines all aspects of an individual. It also exists beyond the body, soul/spirit and mind.

Graham's NEP should be updated to Nature Type 2, Aspect Types 1, 2, 3.
Graham's source is the Source (concept) of Nothingness, and Graham's true nature is that of a pure nothingness (described as "nothingness without reason/logic") that takes place after his source (concept) is destroyed.
Nature Type 2 because he's nonexistent at a conceptual level, and Aspect Types 1, 2, 3 because as nothingness he lacks his source, and without a source his body, soul/spirit and mind also cease to exist.

Anos Voldigoad's NEP should be updated to Nature Type 2, Aspect Type 2.
Anos' source is fused with Graham's nothingness, and he is capable of using the latter's nothingness as a "shield", which converts anything it interacts with into nothingness, to protect himself or to attack.
Nature Type (2) depends on Graham's Nature Type because he's just using Graham's nothingness, and Aspect Type 2 because so far he has only used that nothingness to protect his source (concept).

**Also, IMO concept manip type 1 should not be able to affect both nonexistent Graham and Anos' source when protected by Graham's nothingness. Here are my reasons.
Defining all aspects of an individual sounds more like a Type 3 concept tbh
Being nonexistent on a conceptual level isn't by default Nature Type 2. Only if you specifically lack the concept of nothingness, too.
I'm a bit confused that his source is supposed to be the lack of his source. That seems contradictory. Does he have one or does he not have one? Or is it that he does have one in the Nature Type 3 sense?

If Anos has a source but it is nothingness, then it probably is more Nature Type 3 than 2. Also, if you say he uses it to protect his source, does that mean it is something he needs to activate? If so, that should definitely be noted.

Your argument regarding concept manip type 1 is essentially like saying that in a verse in which no souls were mentioned everyone should be assumed soulless. We don't really do that.

The numidium, The Numidium doesn't truly exist, as it has long since refuted itself into pure nonexistence with its World Refusals

If UKG is at a state where it simultaneously exists and doesn't exist, or is in a state of neither then it would by nature type 2 or 3, but if not and it just has conceptually nonexistent then it would be type 1 Nature at best.
I mean, if we're being technical, UKG is made of "Despair" as stated in her profile, which pretty much still exists in World of Wraith and being a Witch which concept doesn't exist.

So im here to talk abt SCP and pattern screamers, mainly 3930, since the rest share the same basics
So to lay down the fundamentals of what a pattern screamer in, they are basically holes within reality, existing so low that to go any lower is to step into oblivion, they are also described as either existing in a void and being non-beings or not existing several times over, there is other stuff about them but it isn't relevant to their nep
3930 on the other hand, hoo boy where do I begin, firstly it is stated to directly be a void, it has no dimension(s) (in context this is likely even extending to it not even existing to the point of being 0D), it isnt a point in time, it doesnt have metacontruct, or any other type of description that could be applied because they require existence, this includes things that descibe things in negative terms, so even if you call it nonexistent, or less than nothing, it still exhibits a state less than that, with all pheonemena that is exhibited by it being nothing more the human brain creating something where there isnt, its like hearing a sound out of white noise/static, seeing a pattern in the stars where there arent, stuff like that

Defining all aspects of an individual sounds more like a Type 3 concept tbh.
Sources function mostly the same as "Dependent Concepts", except that they govern a living thing's entire existence across present, past and future, but I'd rather not debate what type of concept sources qualifies as atm.

Being nonexistent on a conceptual level isn't by default Nature Type 2. Only if you specifically lack the concept of nothingness, too.
I was under the impression that characters who were NEP Type 2 with the previous standards would be Nature Type 2 with the current standards.

I'm a bit confused that his source is supposed to be the lack of his source. That seems contradictory. Does he have one or does he not have one? Or is it that he does have one in the Nature Type 3 sense?
I apologise for the confusing explanation then. I'll try to explain it better.
Graham has a "normal" source, like all other characters. Once that source is destroyed, his Source of Nothingness remains. Indeed, his Source of Nothingness is the lack of his normal source, which is why his Source of Nothingness doesn't function like other sources (he no longer has a body, soul/spirit, mind, or even existent magic power, despite having this "source"). This Source of Nothingness is definitely completely nonexistent tho.
This Source of Nothingness can be further reduced to nothing as well, after which a pure nothingness remains, described as "nothingness without reason/logic".
As far as I know, you can keep destroying this nothingness and further reduce it to nothingness, but as long as there is nothing, Graham will be able to reform his existence again. (This isn't the case in the presence of Venuzdonoa tho.)

If Anos has a source but it is nothingness, then it probably is more Nature Type 3 than 2. Also, if you say he uses it to protect his source, does that mean it is something he needs to activate? If so, that should definitely be noted.
Anos' source isn't literally nothingness like Graham's Source of Nothingness. His source is fused with Graham's nothingness, so if someone wants to interact with his source, they would first need to be able to interact with Graham's nothingness, which is why the novel describes it as using the nothingness as a "shield". This isn't activation based as far as I know.
I would personally be fine with Nature Type 3, Aspect Type 2 for Anos' source, because it seems to fit the following description: "Characters still exist, but paradoxically behave as if they don't when attacked."

Your argument regarding concept manip type 1 is essentially like saying that in a verse in which no souls were mentioned everyone should be assumed soulless. We don't really do that.
No. My actual argument is that if it's consistently stated that a type 2 concept is the most fundamental aspect of a character's existence and that there exists nothing beyond it, then it would be incorrect to assume there does indeed exist something beyond it, like a type 1 concept.
Using your example (which seems like a false equivalence IMO), it would be more so that in a verse where it's consistently stated that the body is the most fundamental aspect of a character's existence and that there exists nothing beyond it, and yes souls were never mentioned, it would be incorrect to assume there does indeed exist something beyond it, like a soul. Again tho, your example seems like a false equivalence, so I can't properly support my argument using your example.
Anyways, why would it be automatically assumed that characters have a type 1 concept, despite it contradicting the story?

Last edited:
Yubel should not have NEP since it comes from her being able to talk and rebuild her body while erased

This is a general response to the Anima-related stuff going on above because I can't be assed to constantly scroll up and down to respond to everything individually.

There are too many direct statements of people with Nemesis and the Etrien Gnosos being nonexistent to simply ignore it. Void Knight and similar people being "treated as corporeal" is no different than everyone and their mother in D&D being able to attack extra-planar beings who are all abstract. Additionally, basically every kind of nonexistence in Anima would be type 2, because the soul is equivalent to the concept in that setting and it makes a difference between simply not having a body and actually being nonexistent. Furthermore, Noth are easily the most blatant example of this to the point that there are literally no reasonable doubts to be had in their case.

I personally don't know anything about the Ghost Angel so I'll trust Antonio on that front.

Last edited:
Etrien and Noth's NE were not quite questioned, they just were updated to the new standards.

Neither of them are type 1, is the thing. Not only are Etrien Gnosos obviously type 2 because of how souls are in Anima, but Noth are literally directly said to be conceptually nonexistent. There is no debate to be had here, those new ratings are just wrong.

This is a write-up for Aethyr, though just for sake of scrutiny, as the NEP changes will likely be a part of a Warhammer Cosmology CRT instead due to how fundamentally important this is to the Cosmology changes. This is to define Aethyr, as Aethyr is a fundamental energy that makes up majority of beings in Warhammer, and is the fundamental energy that composes the gods in Warhammer.

Aethyr is a fundamental part of Warhammer's existence, and precedes all concepts. It is a boiling mass of raw causality with no measurable dimension, mass, energy, core concept of its own. It is so fundamental that it has no definite, existing, physical reality of its own that it is far more fundamental than any abstract, insubstantial, and debatably existing object on the mortal plane. Aethyr is fundamentally immeasurable because of its lack of existence to measure, and instead can be roughly defined as pure potential, the sole generator of change in the system.

Aethyr is currently agreed on as Type 1 Concept, as it precedes concepts yet can be used to affect existing one without being affected by manipulating lower concepts it affects, and simply has no core concept of its own. The fact that it affects reality despite fundamentally not existing is a sign for both material nonexistence (due to its lack of physical dimensions), and paradoxical nonexistence (due to being able to affect reality despite its lack of dimension or concept), and maybe Idealistic Nonexistence due to Aethyr's so many fundamental aspects preceding key aspects of reality, including concepts. This was accepted previously for NEP2 in the old system.

Additionally, Aethyric beings such as Gods, Daemons, and Chaos Gods are made of this energy exclusively, and lack minds and souls as we know them. This will change from hero to hero, and figure to figure as we move on. But covering Aethyric Physiology, Aethyric beings simply lack minds, souls and concepts due to being fundamentally made of this energy.

So what I am thinking:
Nonexistent Physiology: Nature Type 1, possibly 2, and 3, Aspects 1, 2, 3, & 4. Aethyr is an energy that exists contrary to all known physical laws and has no time, mass, energy, dimension and core concept of its own. Aethyr has no dimension, mass, and volume yet exists and is a fundamental aspect of reality. It lacks substance yet is the basis for all substance and processes in existence. Despite lacking information or core concepts, it is fundamental towards the use of magic and divination. Despite lacking a concept, it can take concepts into itself as a catalyst for the creation of spells.)

Supplementary scans:
If Aethyr is an energy should it even be listed as Nonexistent Physiology? I feel like it would make more sense for Aethyr to be listed as Void Manipulation for the users...
I also don't see where the Aspect Type 4 comes from in your explanation.

That aside, if you're handling this in a verse specific CRT I will leave it to that.

What would any of these be?

Giygas: Dude embodies darkness, which is the void left after the Erasure of the concepts in context. He lacks a mind too.

Kriemhild Gretchen: Is made of despair, which in context is something that doesn't exist anymore due to it being erased on a conceptual level across all spacetime.

J8suke: His bubbles are infinitely thin, making them Nonexistent, thus able to break the laws of calamity and phase through physical objects.

Monika: Self explanatory.
Giygas: Honestly, I don't understand where the concept stuff comes from. Neither in your explanation nor on its page.
Josuke: If only his attacks are nonexistent that would be more in the realm of Void Manipulation than NEP.
Monika: Sounds like Nature Type 1, Aspect Type 4 and 5 (5 for history) I think?

Madoka Magica in general: I'm not sure what you and the following replies told me. As someone that doesn't know the verse, you guys also seemed to disagree on some details? Perhaps we should do a separate CRT to clarify this one?
For Fate we have Saber (Musashi Miyamoto) who had "limited NEP2" because this. (Musashi's goal of reaching Zero required her to erase herself on a conceptual level, scrapping off as much of her existence as possible, leaving only the Void. Once she reached Zero, she had come to a state of existence beyond space, time and reality, existing in neither pruned or parallel world.) I don't really know in which type she would fall.

we have Caster (Maxwell's Demon) who is a theoretical being that don't exist as his thought experiment was never solved, its allow him to not be affected by anything in the world except for a thing that allow to kill thing that does not exist. (the counterpart is that himself can't interact with the world). He should have paradoxal existence and i don't know much for the type as he can't be affected by any different hax in the verse that isn't specifically made for target his specific type of non existance.
(As a theoretical being whose thought experiment was never solved, Maxwell is not even a Heroic Spirit and does not exist. This makes it so nothing in the world can even hit him, not even Servants that can interact with Kama. Only things that can destroy that which does not exist can kill him)

Kama (Fate Series) (She doesn't have physical body and Shiva already erased her down to conceptual level, Kama also called herself a void) she should have materialist (type 2 and 4) and paradoxal (type 1 and 3) As, in the series, a conceptual extent is regarded as more fundamental than the mind or soul, these would still not exist but she act like she had one.

and we have Swirl of the Root and Ryougi Shiki. they should have idealistic nonexistence, their are free from binary existance, precede creation and every concept, they should have all type, it doesn't posses any concept( don't have time nor causalitie etc), don't have soul nor mind nor psyche (just void shiki have intelligence but she doesn't have a mind/soul/psyche), it doesn't restricted to dimmension, reality and boundary, doesn't possesses meaning, can't be defined or described. techically not even part of the plot as every description that lead to try to define it in the story is no longer related to it.

( Its meaning varied depending on each individual's understanding. To put it in simple terms, it was the Spiral of Origin.
However, since the Spiral of Origin was called the Spiral of Origin, it was no longer ' '.
To properly express this term was a source of headache during the production of the drama CDs.)
Musahi is confusing. It, on one hand, is about becoming a concept of void, on the other hand it talks about cleaning off concepts later. I think it also uses a bit of quite flowery language here and there. I'm uncertain about this one. It should either be nothing or Nature Type 1 (or 3 maybe, since they still have a sword and stuff?) and Aspect Type 2.

As for Maxwell's Demon: According to his page he is not incorporeal. Is that right? If so, can I see the evidence for him having paradoxical physical nonexistence as well as some other kind?

Kama: Do you have those scans in a form that are.... readable? Generally noticed how fate pages tend to link to untranslated scans... And when you say she acts like she has a soul and mind, what do you mean with that? Or specifically, is there evidence that the soul and mind she paradoxically has can't be affected by regular soul/mind manip?

Root & Shiki: What about information? And when you say Shiki has idealistic lack of a mind but has intelligence, can I see evidence as to that being in a... well, anti-mind hax sense?
What kind of this being ?
Doesn't relate to NEP at all, I would say. Imaginary numbers might be kinda different, but they still exist and so seem the spaces in this case.

For characters from Under Night In-Birth we have those Re-Birth or Void being character such as Kuon and Merkava should have NEP (Nature type 1, Aspect type 1) (Lack physical body and soul)

Voids are dark shadows and beings who lack EXS/Existence. Voids are unable to interact with the normal world unless there are high concentrations of EXS, nor can they be perceived.

Re-Births are people with powers that transcend those of normal In-Births and their body will transform into a void, it mean becoming to Re-Birth is similar to becoming a void. For those who turn into Re-Birth their soul will become a darkness itself, darkness/black shadow is also described as void.
Kuon's profile mentions no incorporeality right now. Is there some evidence for physical nonexistence? The "turning into a void on the inside" thing makes it sound more like a change of some... nature or something than ceasing to physically exist.
The soul scans... for a start the "soul is darkness" talk just sounds like metaphorical language to me. None of the scans really say that darkness of the soul is void either from what I see.
When They Cry guys should get type 1 I guess? They lack a body and their meta-one is basically their soul (since they kinda are evolved spiritual beings), which only exist if they think about it.
I don't really remember my Umineko well, but couldn't they exist in oblivion even after some truth conceptually defeats them or something?

Giygas: Honestly, I don't understand where the concept stuff comes from. Neither in your explanation nor on its page.
Ness is AE 1 from embodying fate, and Giygas was about to destroy everything, including Ness, leaving just darkness. Giygas already embodies darkness as he embodies a dimension made of it. Given that Giygas was about to destroy everything on a conceptual level, as that included Ness too, darkness in context is the non-existent void left after the destruction of everything, including concepts.

I would like to know how to rate some characters that I plan on making a profile in the future.
Basically, this beings exist in a higher dimensional realm, a place that is described as a void, a realm of nothingness, and this characters are projections of this place, which makes them shapeless and incorporeal.
They also incarnates desires, memories, thoughts, and other concepts. Basically they are AE Type 1.
I think that they should classify as NEP (Nature Type 1, Aspect 1), but I am not too sure.

Pokemon Gods get Type 1 with Aspect 1 in their true forms
Giratina gets Type 1 with Aspects 1 and 2 with it having that and lacking the Concepts of Space and Time
Arceus obviously gets what Giratina gets

Just to make sure I got this right, the Nature part of the NEP is where it determines how hard it is to affect the character in general while the Aspect type just grants them a resistance/immunity to an ability right? Like if you affected a Type 1 Nature NEP it doesn’t matter what it’s nature is since you can affect materialistic and the others are just a resistance thing?

Kuon's profile mentions no incorporeality right now. Is there some evidence for physical nonexistence? The "turning into a void on the inside" thing makes it sound more like a change of some... nature or something than ceasing to physically exist.
The soul scans... for a start the "soul is darkness" talk just sounds like metaphorical language to me. None of the scans really say that darkness of the soul is void either from what I see.
Kuon profile mention about he has all powers from EXS and being a Void, it mean he has incorporeality at least. For the current Kuon we see, it just a mere illusion/avartar created by him because he can't manifest his true form yet. "Turning into a void on the inside" it mean their insides will turn into void nature, not only their mortal body, even their soul will consumed and tainted and cannot return anymore, like kuon his soul is nothing more than darkness right now.
About the darkness, according to Chaos darkness is also referred to as a void creatures

Last edited:
Alright, finished my work for the day, time to work through this. Won't do everything in one go, but I will get to everyone.

I don't quite get your reasoning as for them having no soul.

I would personally not give out NEP just for lacking emotions. If the character already gets NEP I don't mind Aspect Type 5 being added for that, though.

Critters and Kikai exist only as possibilities, having no material form, being called intangible existences etc. Their existence only as possibilities is also explained to also mean that they don't even have a life, only a possibility resembling that.

They are also stated to be supernatural phenomenon, forms of death, terror given form etc, my point was that Critter and Kikai don't have souls. They aren't "illusions" like Grimm, its nature is the same, but more complex, as it was born from the feelings of the Grand Prince, and appears at the edge of everyone's vision, and even in their dreams, it is an illusion that everyone sees, it's not real, so i don't think it has a soul.

I am more interested in what you think about M though, this is the important stuff that's said about Sharnoth, based on that what NEP would you give him? There is more to his natue as he is a conceptual entity that is one of the 3 fundamental parts of the universe, and classified as "Black", not even a living thing, and he has existed since before creation, but don't think all that is too relevant to NEP.

If Aethyr is an energy should it even be listed as Nonexistent Physiology? I feel like it would make more sense for Aethyr to be listed as Void Manipulation for the users...
It's what gods and other characters are exclusively made of, these characters literally are made of nothing else but Aethyr. You literally cannot affect them without being able to affect Aethyr. And energy is just an abstract way of describing it, it's literally a boiling mass of raw possibilities with no core concept, a pure catalyst of change with no physical existence or conceptual existence.

Last edited:
Musahi is confusing. It, on one hand, is about becoming a concept of void, on the other hand it talks about cleaning off concepts later. I think it also uses a bit of quite flowery language here and there. I'm uncertain about this one. It should either be nothing or Nature Type 1 (or 3 maybe, since they still have a sword and stuff?) and Aspect Type 2.

As for Maxwell's Demon: According to his page he is not incorporeal. Is that right? If so, can I see the evidence for him having paradoxical physical nonexistence as well as some other kind?

Kama: Do you have those scans in a form that are.... readable? Generally noticed how fate pages tend to link to untranslated scans... And when you say she acts like she has a soul and mind, what do you mean with that? Or specifically, is there evidence that the soul and mind she paradoxically has can't be affected by regular soul/mind manip?

Root & Shiki: What about information? And when you say Shiki has idealistic lack of a mind but has intelligence, can I see evidence as to that being in a... well, anti-mind hax sense?

Doesn't relate to NEP at all, I would say. Imaginary numbers might be kinda different, but they still exist and so seem the spaces in this case.
Yeah he is technicaly corporal, but he can't be affected as he not something that was proved to exist. He just a fictionnal theory. To make him existant you need to resolve the theory. And all servant can affect information/concept/soul and mind in an extant

For kama, crimson have all the scan but i have this at least.

When Kama shoot Shiva with an arrow of love, he opened his third eye and burnt him to ashes, so that neither his flesh nor concept remained
Fate/Grand Order - Tokugawa Restoration Labyrinth Ooku - Act 7: God of Love.

It was only for the mind my fault. And it's because she can still talk, think etc. in first she already have an immunity to mind manip because the skill divine core. Otherwise she able to whistand the passive mind manip of kiara.

For Root and Shiki I don't understand what you mean by information sorry, it doesn't have any description/nor definition it can't have any information in any form and even trying to think of it will juste create an idea separated from the root.
Same as it doesn't exist in any shape of reality.

For the mind.
It quite simple she just never born from a mind, she the origin of shiki rougi born from the body. She is a spark of sentience that not part of mind.

And she was already able to no be affected by unified language of satsuki who is a power that allow to manipulated the mind. (And it's a power directly connected to the Root).

“Such is what I am, a character produced not from
the mind but the body, wholly different from  or Shiki, who arose
from her fractured psyche. I am the power behind them"

"Yet rather than the body arising from the existence of sentience, the
body is crafted well before the emergence of any kind of sentience. But the
body alone carries no sense of sapience. The body is simply there. But even
within such a simple thing, something drives it, something that connects
it to a primal origin.
The boy nods. He’s heard of this before; that there are three things any
human must have to live: the psyche, the soul, and the body. This girl then,
was Shiki’s true nature, what mages had called the origin of a person." - Kara no kyoukai - Vol 3 - page 225

The girl nods and says, “Indeed. Not so large a surprise. All have an origin that carries some small spark of intelligence, but it never comes to fore at the beginning of life. It is the mind of a person that must carry that first burden, and transmute that along with the body to a personality. Thus
does the little intelligence of the origin lose meaning and fade”- kara no kyoukai - empty boundaries page 225/226

I mean, if we're being technical, UKG is made of "Despair" as stated in her profile, which pretty much still exists in World of Wraith and being a Witch which concept doesn't exist.
If she's both existent and not, then is Type 3.

Anyway, Giygas should too as he embodies evil other than Darkness honestly. A thing for him can be.

"(Nature Type 3 and Aspect 2; Nature Type 1, Aspect 3) "

Tho I've called @DarkDragonMedeus for confirmation.

Back