• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nekron no longer bad?!?! (DC Comics Nekron rework and potential Captain Atom upgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to get this shit changed, ffs it's the dumbes thing ever. Consistency my ass. We are literally ignoring canon to lowball the shit out of heralds.

I think the 1 and 100 trillion thing for marvel and DC is used (respectively) because to not give them high 3a and infinite speed. Low balling for them, sure, I don't care really, but to completely disregard everything regarding the universe is just stupid

I looked it up for like 30 minutes and I don't see where we accept it at finite distance, we just have it at least 200 trillion

I think it's accepted as such in some speed calcs? But either way, dumb
Seems it's accepted as finite for Marvel at least with regards to AP as well considering Thors and presumably other Heralds pages accepts Universe Shaking feats as legitimate and they're only rated as 3-C currently instead of High 3-A as those feats would suggest.

I remember seeing a DC universe crossing calc which used 100 trillion instead of, you know, infinite. (You can't calc infinite stuff anyway, but that's legitimately infinite speed)

Guess you'll need to make another thread to get Marvel and DC's respective Universes accepted as Infinite unfortunately.

I need to get this shit changed, ffs it's the dumbes thing ever. Consistency my ass. We are literally ignoring canon to lowball the shit out of heralds.
We are not lowballing heralds. We just upgraded them to 3-C. However, listing them all with infinite High 3-A power would not be consistent at all with their regular showings.

Anyway, I would greatly appreciate if you send me notifications if you start a thread for upgrading all herald-level characters to High 3-A, or notice any other significant DC or Marvel Comics threads.

We are not lowballing heralds. We just upgraded the to 3-C. However, listing them all with infinite High 3-A power would not be consistent at all with their regular showings.
ah yes, lets ignore every statement ever and use the lowest interpretation....

And not everything is about AP, there are other stuff outside of AP, but if AP is the only thing everyone cares about, then i guess it makes sense why these two verses are some of the worst.

Anyway, I would greatly appreciate if you send me notifications if you start a thread for upgrading all herald-level characters to High 3-A, or notice any other significant DC or Marvel Comics threads.
I am not trying to do that, that's pointless. but the infinite universe, sure.

Well, I don't really mind rescaling the universe sizes to infinite, but then we will have to consider "shook the universe" statements as outliers for herald level characters, and only scale them from blowing up galaxies or similar displays of power.

Also, in the recent Reckoning War Fantastic Four storyline, the Marvel Universe was stated to have been reduced to 1/10th the size that it used to be, and was not portrayed as being infinitely large given that the scope of the war is taking place across the entire current span of it.

Okay.

Btw: I updated my previous post regarding a recent complication.

Before continuing, I want to mention that the feat of Surviving an Anti-Monitor's attack is unquantifiable, because Anti-Monitor was constantly being drained to charge the Black lanterns' battery and I think it was mentioned that he was weaker than his Sinestro War normal self iirc

Before continuing, I want to mention that the feat of Surviving an Anti-Monitor's attack is unquantifiable, because Anti-Monitor was constantly being drained to charge the Black lanterns' battery and I think it was mentioned that he was weaker than his Sinestro War normal self iirc
Nah, not really. Anti Monitor was back to his normal self because of the universal Absorption. Yes, he was feeding black lanterns, but doesn't mean him - in this case battery - didn't already reach his peak because it was consuming energy from the entire universe.

Nothing suggests he was as weak as his sinestro or starting of blackest night self.

Are you talking about the Blackest Night storyline? I don't remember the Anti-Monitor being a part of it.

Where does it say he was retconned into being the primordial darkness and death of the universe? Why would that not just apply to his classic version?
Going by current canon, he is just another fragment of the Great Darkness.
main-qimg-03f6e4e6bbe8e9efa201b01f20a3f6a6-lq

8brtsgg09rk81.jpg

FOD1wPGVIAMOWEK

Are you talking about the Blackest Night storyline? I don't remember the Anti-Monitor being a part of it.
Yes, he was captured and turned into the battery at the end of SW, he was mostly believed to be dead but he kept his will fighting against Nekron's wishes but unable to break free without a white ring

Nah, not really. Anti Monitor was back to his normal self because of the universal Absorption. Yes, he was feeding black lanterns, but doesn't mean him - in this case battery - didn't already reach his peak because it was consuming energy from the entire universe.

Nothing suggests he was as weak as his sinestro or starting of blackest night self.
Ok

Yes, he was captured and turned into the battery at the end of SW, he was mostly believed to be dead but he kept his will fighting against Nekron's wishes but unable to break free without a white ring
Okay. Thank you for the reminder.

Just saying that if you think these 7 statements are hyperbole, we should remove all 2-A ratings from every DC profile as "infinite multiverse" would also be hyperbole

As I mentioned earlier, I do not mind rating the Marvel or DC universes as infinite in size, but it tends to differ from storyline to storyline, and it wouldn't make sense to rate all herald-level characters as High 3-A, so we would have to remove all scaling from universe-shaking feats and similar.

Anyway, what has been accepted here so far and what do we still have to evaluate currently?

As I mentioned earlier, I do not mind rating the Marvel or DC universes as infinite in size, but it tends to differ from storyline to storyline, and it wouldn't make sense to rate all herald-level characters as High 3-A, so we would have to remove all scaling from universe-shaking feats and similar.
heralds aren't the centre of the world. I am also against high 3a heralds, sans a few. But its about the accuracy, not heralds.

Anyway, what has been accepted here so far and what do we still have to evaluate currently?
pretty much everything as far as I can tell - waiting for infinite speed stuff

I will deal with infinite stuff soon, just need to get some time.

But in the meantime, what about the ap upgrade? As the title say, this will also upgrade captain atom's tier while absorbing/channeling the entirety of the Quantum Realm

"Healing (Up to at least Low-Godly; easily healed Krona who was turned into energy[6],)"

isn't this High? last time regenerating yourself from pure energy is Hight, unless it's a unique type of energy like psychic/spiritual energy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back