• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nekron no longer bad?!?! (DC Comics Nekron rework and potential Captain Atom upgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's the point. We will split cosmology in the near future so we can't scale Nekron do Death due to differences between authors.

There's ton of in-comic statements about Death of the Endless being the ultimate death. She definitely isn't an aspect of a greater being in DC/Vertigo cosmology.

By saying "true death" i meant that she isn't an aspect of a greater being.
No the cosmology ain't gonna be split here

Ok, show these statements of Death of the Endless being the ultimate death in comparison to Nekron

How does not being an aspect of a greater being mean anything here?

What?

See my post above about Death in DC/Vertigo cosmology.

I meant that she isn't an aspect or subordinate of a greater being that represents death concept.
Its not happening

You didn't post any scan about death other than the author statement which I refuted

Neither is Nekron

Its not happening
Yeah, no. It will happen.
You didn't post any scan about death other than the author statement which I refuted
I said that i don't have time to post scans atm but i wrote issue names so you can check them (see post #120). Also you didn't refute anything lol you only supported my point about differences between authors.
Neither is Nekron
Which is irrelevant to my argument.

Yeah, no. It will happen.

I said that i don't have time to post scans atm but i wrote issue names so you can check them (see post #120). Also you didn't refute anything lol you only supported my point about differences between authors.

Which is irrelevant to my argument.
In your dreams boi

The Endless are ideas encompassing everything within their sphere - what we see are simple points of view (Sandman Vol 2 #71)

So do platonic forms which is what gods are

The Endless are humanoid manifestations of the primal truths of the universe, oversee every aspect of the reality created by the Presence (DC Comics Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded)

What does this have to do with anything? Nekron is literally older than Death and existed before Creation

Only Death will outlast this version of the Creation (Sandman Vol 2 #48)

Maybe its because Nekron got destroyed through other means?

At the end of the universe Death will claim Destiny of the Endless (the last living being) and will survive the end of the universe (The Books of Magic Vol 1 #4)

Same as above

According to Silkman, Death of the Endless is literally the death of all things (Lucifer Vol 1 #75), even ideas stopped dying when Death refused to do her job (Vertigo: Winter's Edge #2)

So do gods and the platonic archetypes that exist within the sphere of the gods. Darkseid's death affected all creation (Justice League: The Darkseid War: Shazam)
When the God Hermes died, the whole continuum was affected. (Wonder Woman Vol 2 #120). This applies to conceptual beings in general including Black Racer and does not even imply that Death is a higher concept of death than Nekron

I don't have time to find and post scans atm so sorry but you can find these scans in Elizio33's cosmology sandboxes:

The Endless are ideas encompassing everything within their sphere - what we see are simple points of view (Sandman Vol 2 #71)

The Endless are humanoid manifestations of the primal truths of the universe, oversee every aspect of the reality created by the Presence (DC Comics Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded)

Only Death will outlast this version of the Creation (Sandman Vol 2 #48)

At the end of the universe Death will claim Destiny of the Endless (the last living being) and will survive the end of the universe (The Books of Magic Vol 1 #4)

According to Silkman, Death of the Endless is literally the death of all things (Lucifer Vol 1 #75), even ideas stopped dying when Death refused to do her job (Vertigo: Winter's Edge #2)
None of this contradicts Nekron > her.

In any case, I don't want to scale her to Death, if anyone want to do that, they can do so after mine goes through and then idc about it after that.

I'd like to point out Nekron isn't considered >Her in the Captain Atom scan, he just represents Death as an Opponent, and she Death as mercy

death as cosmic certainty, a final end essentially. take it as you will. But either way, irrelevant for my thread.

death as cosmic certainty, a final end essentially. take it as you will. But either way, irrelevant for my thread.
I think we should continue to discuss it here because scaling Nekron to Death of the Endless can grant him a possibly 1-A rating (even after cosmology split) so it's important for his tier. But decision is up to you it's your thread.

I would rather not discuss that here. Someone else can if they want later on.

So have you reached agreements here, and if so, what will be applied more specifically?

I don't think anyone has issues with a "possibly low 1c" rating for Nekron. This will also upgrade Captain Atom's tier with absorption/channeling the entire quantum field within him at once to "possibly low 1c"

Okay. That is probably fine to apply then, as long as we do not scale Nekron directly from Death of the Endless.

I am going to apply changes to Nekron and Cap's profile today. I have changed his infinite speed to mftl+ for the time being.

Last edited:
Applied, my job here is done, closing. If anyone has issues with this week's later, they can make a CRT for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back