• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(NEEDS VOTES) IT: Pennywise the Dancing Speedster

Gewsbumpz_dude

Username Only
I'm a workaholic.

Explanation/Introduction
Relatively simple and short CRT. In previous CRTs, I've mentioned the feat of traveling from Earth to the Macroverse within a short amount of time a couple of times. Well, recently, I have made a calc for that feat, and it was accepted.

The calc gives us another MFTL+ feat for Pennywise, making him far faster than before, and overall making him even more a dingle to use in vs threads.

As for how this will be incorporated within the profile;

At least Massively FTL+ (Traveled from "outside of everything" to Earth [19,486c to 47,092c]. Can speed blitz members of the Losers Club, who can react to and perceive things while being flung from Earth, to outside the universe, and into the Deadlights within moments [241,945,812,833,4236c to 145,167,487,700,054,140c]), likely Immeasurable (Pennywise originates from a void beyond everything, including the Macroverse. Meaning, Pennywise would have had to travel from this void and through the Macroverse and the rest of the cosmology in order to reach Earth. Same with the Losers Club feat, but reversed)

I tried to keep things concise. If this isn't good enough, we can reword it as the CRT goes on.

Update: With this CRT, I'll also be adding references to the profile, fixing some grammar errors, and rephrasing some bits of text (Mainly texts saying that he resides in the Macroverse when he actually doesn't). You can see the progress of that here.

Update 2: The Losers Club aren't "normal people". We know that throughout the book (Usually when confronted by Pennywise), they are amped by an external force, a higher power, not only giving them supernatural powers (I.E. The other Losers Club members were able to detect that Mike was in danger while hunting Pennywise far away, and were able to "send their power" to Mike while he was in the hospital, allowing him to fight off a murderer when he otherwise wouldn't have been able to) but also boosting their physical capabilities (The most obvious example of this is when Mike was fending himself from Pennywise's bird form. Mike himself says that he can feel a force helping him throw the tiles harder, allowing him to deal more damage to Penny). This higher power could be either Maturin (IT's brother. Maturin is also explicitly said to dwarf the Deadlights in power), or Gan himself (The creator deity of the verse, and is so far beyond the likes of IT that they are mere thoughts in his mind), both being 1-A reality-bending gods. Even Pennywise himself notes that the Losers Club have a "mythical talismanic" quality to them, and even speculates if they are agents of "The Other"/Gan (Which we know is true, given what was said here, and he was even there during the Ritual of Chud, helping the club behind the cosmic scenes). The very fact that they can resist and somewhat combat Pennywise is proof that they aren't normal too, as Pennywise has been butchering people for hundreds of years.

Also, in general Stephen King's books are full of humans with capabilities beyond typical people, especially the Dark Tower series, so the prospect of superhumans aren't new to this verse.

TL;DR - The Losers Club aren't normal humans, as they are protected and being amped by a 1-A higher power, allowing them to not getting instantly trashed by Pennywise. Also allowing Richie to perform this perception speed feat (Despite this amp allowing him to perceive things while moving at this crazy speed, there are still moments where he just gets outpaced by IT, so he would scale to this. This would be consistent for Pennywise, as he too demonstrates his own MFTL+ feat).

Votes
Agree: Grand_Astartes, Roachman40, DarkDragonMedeus, rpmblack, Propellus, y3p_owo

Disagree:

Neutral: Armorchompy (I guess), Lonkitt

Last edited:
Am I mistaken, or are you saying these normal human beings are MFTL+?

Am I mistaken, or are you saying these normal human beings are MFTL+?
They're not exactly "normal". Not only are they governed by a higher power (As the weaknesses section of our Pennywise page explains. Even Pennywise himself wonders if they are agents of Gan/"The Other"), but they have shown other supernatural abilities. Like later on in the book, the Losers Club "sent some of their power" to Mike while he was in the hospital, allowing him to fight off a murderer.

Stephen King's stories are full of people with enhanced capabilities and psychic powers. This is really nothing new in the verse.

I would prefer a immeasurable rating based on it's justification honestly
The MFTL+ stuff is there to serve as a decent low-ball for the feats. That way, people can use Pennywise without having to worry about outerversal speed stuff.

That, and it is just fun to play with big numbers like this.

I find it a bit silly still but I don't exactly remember the greater portrayal of them so I can't really put that down as a disagreement. Not exactly an agreement either though

I don't really see what's the issue here.

This is still an event that happens in the book, Richie (Who is experiencing all of this) compares the speed he is going at to the Speed of Light himself, and there's an in-verse explanation as to why the Losers Club are capable of doing these things in the first place (Being amped by a higher power that is either Maturin or Gan. Both being reality warping gods that dwarf the Deadlights in power). All in a verse with loads of people who do superhuman stuff all the time.

I find it a bit silly still but I don't exactly remember the greater portrayal of them so I can't really put that down as a disagreement. Not exactly an agreement either though
In context of the book like Gewsbump said earlier they're not just like normal humans, like they on a conceptual level are not normal people like you and I. They're not even the only arguable seemingly normal people with much higher feats tbh

Yeah. Especially when you consider that Pennywise has been butchering people for at least hundreds of years, yet these kids were able to actually fight back.

I think the idea of the Loser’s Club being MFTL+ is kinda ridiculous, but I do know the Dead Tower is full of humans doing crazy shit and I’ll be the first to admit I haven’t actually read IT. Put me down as Neutral

Also wanna tap on that, with this CRT I'll also be adding references to the page.

Doubt anyone will have an issue with that.
Also gonna fix any grammatical errors as I go along.

I think the idea of the Loser’s Club being MFTL+ is kinda ridiculous
Well, only in perception/reaction speed, and they're only able to do this because they're empowering by a higher being. If they weren't empowered, then they would have just been more food for Pennywise like every other person in Derry.

Well, only in perception/reaction speed, and they're only able to do this because they're empowering by a higher being. If they weren't empowered, then they would have just been more food for Pennywise like every other person in Derry.
I know this was one for reaction speed, though what you’re saying is that this speed rating is only relevant to them when they’re being empowered. For what we see in most of the story, they’re not in that same state, correct?

Only when Pennywise is around. Hence why we see them able to combat Pennywise to a degree. While every other person in the story that is faced with Pennywise is helpless.

Like entire groups of nine grown men that worked as lumberjacks were just another snack for Pennywise, meanwhile these seven kids (And later on adults) were challenges.

He didn't physically travel across the Universe here - so why would we assume the literal physical distance of the radius of the observable Universe is what is being traversed here?

I mean, he does. We do actually see that he is physically traveling this distance, Richie literally notes things that he is flying by, like Maturin's corpse.

I mean, he does. We do actually see that he is physically traveling this distance, Richie literally notes things that he is flying by, like Maturin's corpse.
No, it's his mind that is being flung out like Bill. Bill's body is still physically present in the area even as his mind is elsewhere. Same thing happened to Richie.

No, it's his mind that is being flung out like Bill. Bill's body is still physically present in the area even as his mind is elsewhere. Same thing happened to Richie.
How does that really change anything? The mind is the thing that controls his body and makes him able to perceive stuff in the first place.

Perception speed is your mind's ability to assess information about your surroundings, so this would apply either way.

Last edited:
It's a book about a killer clown who is an eldritch god that existed before time existed. wdym this is what doesn't make sense 😭

It's a book about a killer clown who is an eldritch god that existed before time existed. wdym this is what doesn't make sense 😭
I mean, I'm not really that knowledgeable on the verse, but if the humans can react that consistently, then I guess it's fine.

To be frank I read It quite a while back and absolutely did not get the impression they were amped to such levels, the only reason I'm not straight-up disagreeing is that it was indeed a long while ago and my memories are hazy, which wouldn't really be a fair reason to stop a revision.

Pretty clearly not normal people, as they're able to fight back against Pennywise to a degree, while every other person in the book that has ever encountered Pennywise gets blitzed and murdered with no effort.

Back