• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naughty bear tries to pick a rose

This is more a range battle than it is up close realistically. It's gonna be hard for them to get up close to each other without getting shot. I'm gonna say Naughty has the advantage in the end. Not only does he have some potential paralyzing attack he can use from range, his golden oozy doesn't need to be reloaded and fires rapidly with enough strength to kill himself in about a shot. Plus a large amount of experience, and likely skill. He solos groups of military and Swat soldiers by himself. Not to mention, starting at such a distance gives him a chance to get out of site. As he does have extremely good stealth skills. And then take her out before she sees what happened. He also has slightly better healing, and lightning to strike down which can entirely blitz her if need be. Plus Naughtys senses are far better than Ruby's. And while Ruby can enhance her senses. They in the end shouldn't be enough to handle Naughtys superior fire power, intelligence, experience, skills, stealth, and attack speed.

GoCommitDi said:
Bear from an epic video game with epic win streak FRA
his win streak would be epic if others would get the like 4 threads that are 2 or 3 votes away into grace

Speed equalized means attack speed as well, so the lightning will not be blitzing her

Naughty does not have the capacity to oneshot her either due to her aura being able to take dozens of attacks equal to her own ap before going down. This also means that trying to stealth kill her wont work either

I have never been clear on attack speed. I keep getting told it is equal, or it isn't equal. If an attack speed moves at a defined speed, is it equal or not, I've been told both ways.

Also. I don't think anyone said he did one shot her. If you mean this

"His golden oozy doesn't need to be reloaded and fires rapidly with enough strength to kill himself in about a shot."

Yes speed equalized equalizes all speeds, including attack speed

Also Naughty having superior combat skill is doubtful seeing as Ruby was personally trained since childhood by one of the most skilled hunstmen in the world to wield what a guy who has millenia of experience and hundreds of lives worth of composited combat skill refers to as one of the most lethal melee weapons ever created

Lets take that analysis apart bit by bit

It's gonna be hard for them to get up close to each other without getting shot. I'm gonna say Naughty has the advantage in the end. Not only does he have some potential paralyzing attack he can use from range, his golden oozy doesn't need to be reloaded and fires rapidly with enough strength to kill himself in about a shot.

His profile states that his paralysis attacks only have a range of tens of meters. By SBA they are starting hundreds of meters away, so they do not have the range to reach Ruby. Ruby on the other hand has bullets with AoE from being fired (Gravity rounds), bullets that have AoE from making impact (Fire and Ice) and bullets that have homing electricity on impact (Lightning) and she is more than willing to use them in character. Naughty does not have the capacity to kill her in one shot either due to her aura being able to take dozens of attacks equal to her own AP before going down. He would have to hit her with the Golden Oozy dozens of times just to break her aura to be able to properly harm her. This also means that trying to stealth kill her wont work either.

Plus a large amount of experience, and likely skill. He solos groups of military and Swat soldiers by himself. Not to mention, starting at such a distance gives him a chance to get out of site.

Ruby has been training in combat since she was a child, received personal training from Qrow, one of the most skilled huntsmen in the world, to be able to masterfully wield what Ozpin, who has millenia of experience and hundreds of lives worth of composited combat skill, refers to as one of the most deadly melee weapons ever created. Her skill allowed her to get into one of the most exclusive huntsman academies before she even graduated high school, and she has regularly outmatched hordes of Grimm on her own without so much as breaking a sweat. She's also defeated mechs that were stated to be capable of replacing entire battalions of soldiers on its own, and even trainee huntresses are considered more effective in combat than a unit of soldiers.

As he does have extremely good stealth skills. And then take her out before she sees what happened.

The monsters she fights and kills on a near daily basis are extremely skilled in stealth too. Ive already explained why trying to stealth kill her wont work.

He also has slightly better healing, and lightning to strike down which can entirely blitz her if need be.

His regen wont save him from being decapitated, bisected, dismembered, or blown to pieces, all of which are Ruby's go-to moves against non-human opponents. RWBY characters actually have feats of reacting to lightning, but even if they didnt speed is equalized, which includes attack speed, meaning that no, the lightning cannot blitz her. However, her speed amp CAN blitz Naughty, quite easily.

They in the end shouldn't be enough to handle Naughtys superior fire power, intelligence, experience, skills, stealth, and attack speed.

Ruby has High 8-C bullets that can oneshot people as strong as herself so thats a no to superior firepower. Intelligence is...doubtful seeing as his actual intelligence feats are based on creating weapons not actual feats of combat skill other than being able to beat soldiers in a fight which Ruby far outclasses with her own skill. All the rest have already been disproven above.

I should note. Some of your reasons aren't exactly right. Mostly over the skill and intelligence stuff. He takes on tons of soldiers and generals at once as well, and multiple robots created by a genius designed to kill him. Which he chose to murder with a stick and skills. His intelligence doesn't come from just building. It's murdering dozens upon dozens of soldiers, officers, martial artists, and robots designed by extremely high level geniuses who specifically designed the robots to kill naughty. Naughty has very very clear and potent skills and intelligence beyond just building stuff

And your decapitated and other such things saying he couldn't heal from. Well ruby would have to be that close to pull that off. But that gets into naughtys best territory. And since his golden Oozy is an automatic fire gun, it wouldn't take many shots. Pierce damage is a hella thing, it's an 8-C+ gun. Naughty dies in a good shot. Adding in the fact it's got pierce damage, and Ruby's not that much higher to feel any resistance to an 8-C+ gun. That Oozy would break through her aura regardless.

I have other points. But I can't go over them atm

Ruby doesnt need to get close to decapitate him or blow off limbs, her sniper rifle is more than capable of doing that

Ruby and people Ruby scales to have taken on tons of robots specifically designed to be more skilled in combat than robots specifically designed to be more skilled than trained human soldiers in combat, and she has fought and beaten people who have been training since childhood to be master fighters, and she regularly fights monsters that have been evolving since mankind came into existence to be capable of more effectively killing the people who hunt them. I dont see how Naughty has an experience or skill advantage

Also from what ive seen of Naughty Bear from gameplay his combat style doesnt really go beyone basic punches, kicks, or brutalities with whatever weapon he's holding, which wouldnt come close to what Ruby is capable of

Experience. Maybe not. But skill is definitely more in the table. There isn't anyone in the ruby verse who isn't a downright god WHOS intelligence compares to the people naughtys fought. Having two people capable of creating extremely advanced weaponry and cross dimensional portals. Both those minds working on a robot design to specifically kill naughty. Yet he beats multiple of these things to death with a stick. Just to prove a point

Also gameplay mechanics. In game scenes show he has martial arts like fighting styles. Like when some ninjas charged him

Pyrrha, Mercury, Ozpin, and Maria beg to differ. And beating people who are intellectual geniuses means very little if they have no combat skill beyond building weapons to fight for them

They all have combat skill. Robots built to fight next to trained soldiers, Ninjas. Swat. The robots were the next step after they were losing. And non of those beg to differ as their intelligence pale in comparison. The top tier intelligence in naughty Bear are vastly beyond anything they have done.

What feats of combat skill do they have? Ruby has fought basically everything you listed so far on top of having her own skill feats that as of right now surpass anything Naughty has shown

Other than then superior skills the masters of martial artists ninjas, Trained officers, and being created by a genius beyond the intelligence that that verse has seen. Naughty has faced what ruby had too. But Ruby hasn't had a genius, or someone close to their intellect design a robot specifically designed to kill her. And then send out multiple of these robots. Naughty has. And killed them with again. A stick. He ain't just skilled with weapons. He doesn't even need weapons to face armed people. He can mow through them just with skill and physical attack alone. And adding another thing to back up the skill. The bears are all relatively into his levels of strength. Yet he can go through bases of these bears alone.

Again, fighting someone who is an intellectual genius means nothing if their only feat of combat skill is creating robots to fight for them. Ruby is capable of fighting the monsters i just described barehanded as well, including monsters that are equal to herself in strength

Not fighting him. Fighting the robots he created. Which is impressive. He builds all the weapons they use. Which involves quantum gloves, Sound energy blasters, the suits that physically boost all their stats. And portals to cross dimensions. So him targeting naughty and using his intelligence to build several robots designed to kill Him. And naughty killing them all, (and that doesn't even go over the other stuff he was facing at the same time. And when did she ever do that? Regardless. I seriously doubt it'd to naughtys degree who can kill off bases filled with dozens of soldiers by himself. On top of that, far less reckless. Ruby is reckless, Naughty doesn't screw around. He fights smart.

Weiss, who ruby scales to skill-wise, fought a mech that was specifically designed to kill her in her first appearance.

>And when did she ever do that?

The Battle of Beacon. Blake has also been taking down teams of robots that are superior to soldiers since she joined the strike team of the White Fang

Ruby fights smart too my guy, she's the strategist and tactical leader of her team and she's capable of wielding a weapon that by Ozpin's own admission would be just as lethal to the wielder ad it is the enemy if not used by someone with a master level of skill with it. After only being in one encounter with her team without even knowing who they are she was able to use their unique talents and abilities in combination attacks to take down an enemy they couldnt beat individually, something that oly improved as she learned more and more about them, with even Team CFVY, a senior class of trainee huntsmen who are skilled enough to act as field-ready huntsmen, stated that Ruby's leadership and coordination with her team is better than theirs and anyone else's at Beacon Academy.

That's a good skill feat. But naughty goes through several of the robots designed to kill him, on top of the standard guard robots, on top of the giant mechanical Bear who's the strongest in game, on top of the other bears and scientist guys. Goes through bases filled with gun equipped soldiers and generals and he can kill them off with nothing but his Bear hands and skills.

I forgot about that fight. I'll give you that. She would be skilled in hand to hand then.

And I never said she didn't fight smart people. I'm aware she has. Both have fought smart people. Both could go through tons of soldiers. I'm saying the people naughty fought are smarter people, and things that would make him more skilled, taking on bases hand alone even when they have weaponry. And robots design to kill him. He proved a point of his skill by beating it to death with a stick.

And again, Ruby and co. have all done the same thing, and do so on a near daily basis to varying degrees.

The people Ruby has fought have been training since childhood, and the monsters she fights have been evolving for millenia to be capable of fighting those people. I dont see how theyre smarter combat-wise.

None to naughtys degree though. The robots Naughty would have faced would have taken more skill considering he isn't just facing one, but several, as well as several robots, and trained bears, all who have weapons (including guns), and can face and them all with melee and hand to hand based stuff. On top of Ruby's case is only scaling to someone's skill, and that's while they were using their aura and blade. In natural skill, naughty should take it. He didn't need any powers or such things to boost his abilities to take them down.

If we wanna go about fighting for a long time. zombears like Oogloa (or however you spell it) has been around for thousands of years. As well as vampires. Naughty mows through dozens of them. Experience is helpful. But naughty faces dozens of vastly more experienced foes

Again, Ruby herself has fought entire teams of armed robots, armed soldiers, and monsters in the same manner, as have all of the people she is comparable to skill-wise, and she can take them down with kicks and melee weapons in the same manner. Ruby has dozens of her own skill feats, she does not solely scale to other people as a measure of her skill nor does she have any abilities that boost her skill, she learned how to be a master scythe wielder before she even started learning her other abilities, hell we're 7 volumes in and she has yet to even completely master her Semblance yet.

Seeing as the Grimm are as old as humanity itself and Ruby mows through them with ease, i'd say their experience is about equal in that regard.

@Butter If you believe him to be more skilled in combat would you be able to post some scans of him doing things beyond basic punches, kicks, takedowns, and brutalizations with whatever weapon he's holding?

I can get some of the older game scans scenes to show THATS not purely how he fights, the fact the game plays like that is purely game mechanic. For takes downs and special weapon kills may be difficult as very little on YouTube about it. But I'll poke around

The second one really does surprise me. I always was told and made to believe she sucked without her scythe.

This is only one of the few scenes. But it just shows he does fight differently to what the game mechanics limit you too.

3:18 to 3:40 is just a bit

Also going back to this game. There is a universal weapon. Neat. Not applicable as it would kill everyone

Well. May have to redo this later. as going back to the old game. Seems I might have missed a few things he might have. Feats and abilities wise.

Buttersamuri said:
Experience. Maybe not. But skill is definitely more in the table. There isn't anyone in the ruby verse who isn't a downright god WHOS intelligence compares to the people naughtys fought. Having two people capable of creating extremely advanced weaponry and cross dimensional portals. Both those minds working on a robot design to specifically kill naughty. Yet he beats multiple of these things to death with a stick. Just to prove a point
Also gameplay mechanics. In game scenes show he has martial arts like fighting styles. Like when some ninjas charged him
btw the stick is the weakest weapon in the game, even weaker than naughty`s base fists

Back