• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Mel because of reasons like Vanish counter which is perfect for someone like Natsu and he also can use ******* Revenge counter lol which is even worse on Natsu when Mel can heal himself and has 7 hearts. Mel also gets stronger during the night time. Can make clones and can fly and use air slashes instead of hellblaze. He also can use things like twigs if he loses his sword

12 votes that based on invalids arguments like:

• Mel has greater which is false as I post the scaling above.
  • Full Countering Natsu flame will do something which is false since Natsu is resistance to his own flame.
  • Regen seven hearts will help Mel which is false since Natsu Demolition Fist will destroys his entire body once hit.
  • Hell Flame or something will helps which is false since Natsu can eventually eat it, just not right off the bat.
  • And also ignoring Natsu stats amp via Rage power.

Why couldn't Natsu eat Zancrow's flames?

Edit: Never mind, i found out why.

ByAsura said:
Why couldn't Natsu eat Zancrow's flames?

Edit: Never mind, i found out why.
It's not like Natsu cannot eat Zancrow flame at all, it just he cannot do it immediately.

Natsu has eaten Etherion crystal, which is consisted of many different elements combined into one, Laxus's lightning while weakened, and all the other Dragon Slayers magic (Wind, Iron, lightning, light, poison, shadow).

Yes, Zancrow was stomping Natsu before he ate his God Sayer flame, God Serena is stronger than base Natsu, but Natsu can still eat his DS magic no problem.

Veloxt1r0kore said:
Never mind,my comment is too biased. >_>
Then stop posting hateful comment of FT! I know you don't like Fairy Tail, which is understandable, but always posting hateful comment towards it isn't a good behavior.

@ homu

Natsu is able to harm himself with his own flames and has been harmed by flames made by comparable characters so his resistance obviously not going to be good enough to tank his flames at double their normal power. Natsu's rage power is just going to make this problem worse.

When did he hurt himself with his own flame?

If you're talking about the scan above, what is your proof that it was his doing, not because he clashed with Zeref?

When he was fighting FH Zeref and it was clearly Natsu's own doing, I mean if it was Zeref's death magic Natsu would have died (bar PIS).

Nullifying death magic is not the same as resisting it hence why I say Natsu would be killed if Zeref's death magic actually connected; And since Natsu didn't die he must have inflicted that damage on himself.

Except there is no indication that he burned himself. Not a single instance since the beginning of the series shows that his own flame can hurt him. At worst, it was PIS.

@Homu

Natsu did burn himself after he punched Zeref cough PIS cough and he was walking away and you can see his hand was burned really bad

Mel now has 13 total votes after a couple added and one switched back.

@Homu

Calling all the arguments against your favored character invalid means nothing, it just shows you're salty.

From your list:

Point 1 - the scaling you posted above is nonsensical headcanon. "Zeref stomps August who stomps PoF Erza." You have zero proof for either, that's purely your own headcanon. You also completely ignored the massive boost absorbing the five Commandments gave Assault Mode Mel.

Point 2 - I already debunked your erroneous interpretation of Full Counter's effectiveness up above, but you ignored it because you had no response. Full Counter means Natsu's ranged attacks won't reach Meliodas. It doesn't matter that Natsu resists his own flames, that's not the point. If it's really that hard to comprehend for you then Mel can use Counter Vanish instead.

Point 3 - You've provided zero evidence for this fanfiction fantasy you have of Natsu just obliterating Meliodas in one hit. I didn't see it obliterate even Jacob's body in one hit. Natsu didn't use it for jack shit against Zeref either so it's clearly not that great.

Point 4 - People have been debunking you throughout the thread and you still haven't provided valid counterarguments.

Point 5 - More that you haven't given any legitimate arguments involving it. Clearly rage power was not enough to let him gain a significant advantage on Zeref. Natsu using muh rage power to suddenly stomp Meliodas is just a fantasy you're indulging in.

Malikobama1 said:
1. Headcanon? That is the scaling of High 6-C scaling in FT. Are saying that just because Erza has the same tier as Zeref means that she is comparable to him?

2. Read correctly. I'm not denying that Natsu range attack will be useless cuz of Full Counter. I'm denying that the fact Natsu flame will hurts him there is no instance of him getting hurt because of his own flame.

3. False equivalency. Zeref has time reversal hax, not Regen. Unless Mel Regen is Mid-High, he ain't coming back after getting punched by Natsu's Demolition Fist, which is literally his first move.

4. Already did, Natsu AP advantages, Natsu's resistance to fire, How Natsu deals with Mel so called Great regen. And people called me salty cuz I'm defending one of the least favorite character in this wiki.

5. Except ot happens like numerous times in FT. Gajeel, Laxus, Zero, Faust, Hades, Future Rogue, Mard Geer, Zeref, Acno. It is not my fantasy cuz it happened in Manga.

So instead calling other people argument is a fantasy, why not start reading FT from the beginning to confirm it.

i dont really understood the argument for mels full counter.

natsu 7FD is high 6B - thats more than a roughly one hundred times greater difference in power compared to meliodas. isnt it?

unless the new upgrade for NNT goes through mel gets only scaled to what he currently sits at. which is (double digit?) gigatons.

RavenSupreme said:
i dont really understood the argument for mels full counter.
natsu 7FD is high 6B - thats more than a roughly one hundred times greater difference in power compared to meliodas. isnt it?

unless the new upgrade for NNT goes through mel gets only scaled to what he currently sits at. which is (double digit?) gigatons.
I honestly think this is too soon since NNT is undergoing revisions but also that 7DP Natsu is temporarily so it would run out soon (last like 5-10 secs) but yeah we should just wait until NNT revision is done

@Homu

1. I'm saying you have zero evidence Zeref can stomp August. You also have zero evidence August can stomp PoF Erza. Saying, "well that's just the scaling" is not evidence.

2. I did read correctly. You kept ignoring the crux of the argument. No one cares if the reflected attacks actually hurt Natsu or not, that part doesn't matter.

3. This is High 6-C Natsu. When he fought Zeref, Zeref had no time reversal. Demolition Fist clearly couldn't do jack to him. Nor is it Natsu's first move lmao. It wasn't even his first move when he first used it against Ikusa-Tsunagi, he did a normal punch first. But that doesn't even matter.

4. Not that I saw lol. I saw other people refute your claims right above my last comment and then you not address them.

5. Listing off character names is not evidence, what is this bullshit? First, Natsu is the relevant one here, no one else. And you've still given no evidence since High 6-C Natsu's so-called "rage amp" didn't let him handle Zeref, who according to you up above he's comparable to.

I've read all of FT, thanks. Thought it went downhill.

1. Erza did her High 6-C feat with great effort while August did it casually. It should be pretty obvious without needing to explain. And Zeref is stronger than both August and Irene combined.

2. Some of them said that actually.

3. Correction, this is Post second TS DF Natsu with FDKM activated. He unleashed this form after Zeref's own transformation. (Actally, are we using that version of Natsu or the one with Igneel Flame? The OP is so damn lazy)

4. Like what? The argument that says Mel has the AP advantage? the argument that says Mel Low-Mid level will helps him against someone who can obliterated his opponent completely? Or the argument that says Reflecting Natsu flame will hurt him?

5. If you claimed already reading FT, then you should have know what I'm talking about.

I must agree with the downhill part. Still not a good reason for people to hate the series tho.

1. August has no High 6-C feat of his own, he just scales to Irene. And it was never even clear in the manga that he was supposed to scale to Dragon Irene either. Zeref being stronger than both combined is pure headcanon. Just because you think it should be true doesn't mean there's solid evidence to back it up.

2. I didn't say that in my first comment, yet you replied as if I did.

3. We're using High 6-C Natsu. Both of the Natsus you listed fall under that category so it doesn't matter much. The Natsu that wrecked FH Zeref has his own key on this site and is High 6-B.

4 pt 1. All you've been doing is saying Natsu scales to Zeref, who scales somewhere above August, who scales to Irene's 121 gigatons which is barely above baseline High 6-C. But you've provided no evidence that Zeref and Natsu scale that much past the 121 gigatons mark. And there is none, because Mashima failed to properly compare Zeref to his top two Spriggans. If you're up to date on NNT, then you'd know that Assault Mel just after transforming was able to utterly stomp late morning Escanor, who no-sold a 96 gigaton explosion, placing AM above baseline High 6-C. The Demon King's power makes AM look like nothing, and current Meliodas has absorbed 25% of that power on top of his own. He simply has more evidence of an AP advantage on his side than Natsu does, because you have no evidence Zeref can stomp August or that August can stomp PoF Erza/casually destroy Irene's strongest shown attack.

4 pt 2. Natsu doesn't obliterate his opponent completely. He did it to Zeref, but that's a different key for Natsu that isn't relevant to this match because he's High 6-B. He shattered Ikusa-Tsunagi, who was a tier below him. When Natsu used the move against someone in his own tier at the time (Jacob) it didn't obliterate him at all, only burned him. Natsus burns don't mean shit to Meliodas if you recall Estarossa regenerating from Escanor's Cruel Sun.

5. Yes, I have read FT, and I've even reread the shitshow of a final arc. That's why I know that a lot of what you're claiming is bull.

1. Yes, all the High 6-C scales to Irene. But does that mean she is comparable to the likes of Zeref? Of course not, Gildarts can contend with August, even tho the latter was toying with him. While Erza literally struggle when he destroyed Irene Meteor. And Zeref being stronger than Irene and August is literally in his profile. Also, August ***** his pants when Human Acno showed up.

2. My reply regarding Natsu isn't immune to his own flame was referred to Delta, not you.

3. Chapter 532, Natsu activated DF and Zeref got new form at the end of the chapter. Chapter 533, Natsu using Demolition Fist on Zeref and obliterated him while in DF with FDKM conjunctio.

4. Again, His justification is comparable to Base Zeref who is above August who casually manhandled Gildarts who is superior to PoF Erza who struggle to destroy Irene 121 gigatons meteor.

While Mel Justification is just stomping a baseline High 6-C. If you don't agree with it, go make a CRT!

5. Let's see:

1. No one denies Zeref is stronger than Irene, and is also stronger than August. You're claiming he's stronger than both put together. Unless you have a problem with basic grammar, or English is difficult for you, I can't comprehend why you think that. Show me evidence that Zeref is stronger than both put together. You've also still given literally no evidence that Zeref can stomp August. No evidence that August can stomp 121 gigatons either. Because there is none.

2. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Natsu_Dragneel Look at his keys. You keep trying to use the second to last key, which is High 6-B, as evidence here. People in this thread have switched to the High 6-C key. The reason Natsu got a new key for that was because almost everyone thought Natsu suddenly one-shotting FH Zeref was the biggest piece of PIS nonsense in the manga.

3. You have no evidence Gildarts is superior to PoF Erza, in fact I'm probably gonna make a CRT about that. The only thing you can claim right now based on his profile is that Gildarts scales to 121 gigatons. August was toying with him because his magic was hard countering him, not because he demonstrated a large AP advantage. So again, you have literally no evidence for the scaling you keep claiming as fact.

4. Are you not even caught up on NNT, or are you purposefully being obtuse? His profile is out of date and hasn't been updated upon him absorbing the Commandments. Your attempt to discount that power-up because the profile hasn't been updated yet is honestly pathetic and reeks of desperation.

5. Why the hell are you linking anime clips? Not only do none of them prove your point because we use the manga, they're not even applicable to the Natsu we're using. I'm going to say this for a third time since you can't read - when High 6-C Natsu went to go fight Zeref with Igneel's tattoo helping him out, he didn't suddenly win because muh rage amp boosted him above Zeref. You have no leg to stand on here.

This entire thread you've been straight up ignoring things that don't suit your preferred outcome while wanking FT scaling beyond anything shown in the manga. Feel free to keep replying but this has become a clear exercise in futility on my part.

Back