• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Natsu's flames would generally be around 1,100 degrees Celcius given the color they emit.

That's less than the temperature it would require for Enel to instantly melt Gold. Enel's generated heat would be much hotter than 1,100 degrees celsius. Luffy only suffered mild burns from the heat. He had no visible scars after his fight with Enel. The damage was superficial.

Magma can range higher than 1,300 degrees celcius, but usually not much higher... still, that's much hotter than orange~yellow flames, which can only reach 1,150 degrees in temperature, and that's if it is emits a yellow color, which it doesn't in the case of Natsu.

Edit: now that i've done some research, I've learned that Gold's melting point is 1,064 Celcius, and the boiling point is 2,700 Celcius. for him to apply this feat in such a short time frame proves that he must have generated heat that far exceeds the melting point, but by how much is up for grabs.

@CinCameron20

The gold is not boiling, it's in a molten state. He could've reached temperatures higher than it's melting point, but will be relatively close to it. Saying it far exceeds it, is a stretch.

Also Natsu has done a similar feat.

Here it is Natsu melts an iron battleaxe with his body heat alone. Iron's melting point is 1,538┬░C, which is approximately 1.5 times higher than the temperature needed to melt gold. And this was Natsu from Chapter 3 of the manga. Second Origin Natsu is in a completely other league.

WDGasterBlaster said:
Didn't Luffy fight Don Accino, who made his body 10000 degrees, and barely suffer injuries from hitting him multible times?
Don Accino was from the anime-only Lovely Land Arc. It's not canon.

I just checked that Luffy's striking strength is it safe to assume his punches do town level damage because if so shouldn't Natsu be getting his ass kicked

@Rex - Small Town level striking strength is still classified in the same tier as Large Town striking strength.

he wouldn't kick his ass, but he has been applying Small Town feats in Skypeia.

Close but I'm leaning towards Natsu since whenever both clash fists only one of them will keep getting burns as a result.

I'm think Luffy will notice this and try ending it as fast as possible with second and third gear but Natsu is a much better long range fighter not mention both gears have a time limit and withdrawals to being used.

My main problem is Luffy rarely goes past his limit just for a regular fight with 0 stakes, sure he might get a bit excited but unless his friends or anything to do with pirates are involved I feel that Natsu's resolve for winning is much higher.

@radical i agree with that

If luffy does use third gear he will end up as a tiny weakling, so if he ever does use it, he'll be at Natsu's mercy, and itll be over

the size-decrease weakness was literally removed immediately after the CP9 or Sabaody arc.

Even if it wasn't, Natsu taking a hit from Luffy's Gear 3rd (totally happening with speed equalized) would result in him being hardly able to move while Luffy is running around for less than a minute in miniature form (that's assuming he doesn't take a minute to finish Natsu off with a couple more blows).

^It was done mostly as a gag.

Same goes for Natsu big fire attacks, while in base or second gear luffy can try to dodge his fire but with a target as big as third gear every attack in that form he has to commit to it making it extremely hard to dodge since the momentum of his attacks is to much, letting the second and third degree burn will keep piling up.

@Radical - Luffy has some resistance to heat and he tanked a laser with his Giant Rifle. Natsu's just going to burn Luffy's knuckles as he gets completely annihilated.

CinCameron20 said:
@Radical - Luffy has some resistance to heat and he tanked a laser with his Giant Rifle. Natsu's just going to burn Luffy's knuckles as he gets completely annihilated.
Laser?When?And more importantly how hot were they?

It's hardly his knuckles,since the beginning of the series Natsu has shown to be able to launch giant fire attacks that take huge portions of towns.

Also i'm looking at their profiles and I have no idea which tier these versions are in.

Natsu: Low 7-C Luffy: Low 7-C, Higher with Gears and combination attacks.

Luffy's skin was undamaged after he got his arm encased in melted gold despite having it stuck there for several minutes or more. Gold melts at about 1,064 degrees celcius. Orange-yellow flames (the type Natsu's are) are 1,100 degrees celcius. Natsu once managed to melt iron (1,584 degrees celcius), but that was a feat at the start of the series and he never applied such a feat again until post 2nd time-skip.

The laser bit was anime-only, so it isn't canon, oops.

You're judging the temperatures of the flames based on their color? Can you tell me what temperature does Amaterasu have? It's not normal fire, it's magic-enhanced fire. If Natsu was using green fire like the wildfire from GoT what temperature would it have? Natsu melted the GMG arena and his flames were still orange-yellow. Color doesn't mean anything, it's just the "usual" color flames are depicted.

Also when he vaporated sand that was ~3000Celsius. His flames should be dazzling white by now, but nope, still orange.

@AizenSama

I've removed them and replaced that particular title with "Rapid-Fire Attacks".

As for the match results, I'm not sure to be honest. LFD Mode would wipe the floor with Luffy, but it's a tossup without it. Location matters too. If Natsu manages to punch Luffy into a sufficiently deep body of water, the latter will have a tough time doing much of anything (and considering the fact that Standard Battle Assumptions places this at Central Park, then he has a decent chance to do so).

Luffy does have heat resistance, with the gold ball feat, but Natsu melted Tauros' axe with his body heat, so that's one in his favor, and Luffy has the gears, so that will be a huge advantage, and with luffy's blunt resistance, Natsu's regular attacks other than roar won't do much unless he makes the flames piercing

this isnt a vote

WDGasterBlaster said:
Luffy does have heat resistance, with the gold ball feat, but Natsu melted Tauros' axe with his body heat, so that's one in his favor, and Luffy has the gears, so that will be a huge advantage, and with luffy's blunt resistance, Natsu's regular attacks other than roar won't do much unless he makes the flames piercing this isnt a vote
He still has his crushing fang and grip strike assumiing he can use it this early and can still manipulate his fire any way he wants regardless of his spells

I'll give my vote to Natsu for two reason; one the same reasons as Radical and two natsu is just a more skilled fighter then Luffy is as shown as when he was able to keep up with Jellal when he was useing meteor. over time the damage that luffy takes from Natsu fire attacks would be too much for luffy and it will ware him down as the battle goes on

@JBennett - the same person who stated that he would not change his vote from Acnologia due to hype.

Natsu being a better fighter? Luffy has VASTLY more experience and he utilizes the environment and his enemy's weakness in just about every fight in which he is at a disadvantage. Natsu literally charges in with his flaming fists until he realizes that his opponent is a real threat. He always tries to fight head on while Luffy aims for his enemy's blind-spot and charges in to make sure that his staggered opponent(s) do not have room to breathe (Luffy vs Blueno, Lucci, Sandersonia/Marigold, and Mihawk... all these fights are from this version of Luffy)

@jb

Also wear him down? They have the same stamina, Natsu's gets tired from fighting too, and with speed equalized, Luffy is bound to land a few blows on Natsu

CinCameron20 said:
@JBennett - the same person who stated that he would not change his vote from Acnologia due to hype.
Natsu being a better fighter? Luffy has VASTLY more experience and he utilizes the environment and his enemy's weakness in just about every fight in which he is at a disadvantage. Natsu literally charges in with his flaming fists until he realizes that his opponent is a real threat. He always tries to fight head on while Luffy aims for his enemy's blind-spot and charges in to make sure that his staggered opponent(s) do not have room to breathe (Luffy vs Blueno, Lucci, Sandersonia/Marigold, and Mihawk... all these fights are from this version of Luffy)
out of the battles you mentioned only his battle againts the snake sisters was actually using his brain rather then brute force even then he didn't technically win but rather the battle was cancelled due to the mark being exposed. for the rest luffy beat blueno bye useing his speed and strength to overpower him, lucci by sheer luck, willpower, and determination just to survive, and don't say that luffy had Mihawk no room to breathe it was luffy that had the short end of the stick during that fight and was just doing his best just to survive Mihawk casual attacks.

yes I am still keeping my vote to Achnologia you have a problem with that? I never claimbed that he would crush Luffy rather that giving the correct course of the battle it would be luffy loosing becuase he has a far worser consequeses if he fails to kill achnologia with gear fourth, he's sitting ducks during those ten minutes and it wouldn't even take Achnologia a minute just to rip him apart or obbliverate him with his dragon breath.

@WDB

wear him down with fire damage not general physical blows.

@JBennett - Against Blueno, he was sticking to his blind-spot and waiting for him to use Soru while predicting where he would be in the next instance.

Against Mihawk, he was fighting on the defense until he found an opportunity to escape... he used Buggy as a shield and ran. If he continued trying to attack Mihawk, he'd be dead instantly.

I do have a problem if you're going to say that Acnologia is going to get higher stats and simply say "I refuse to change my vote until then". You act like Luffy is done developing and just want to prevent Acnologia from getting a loss on his profile when Luffy, in fact, wrecks Acnologia.

Luffy one-shot a character who was also Small Island in durability with a simple Kong Gun. Acnologia would never survive a King Kong Gun. And even if he did, Luffy would be right back up before Acnologia can recover his consciousness.

alright lets not go about this in this battle site lets go back to the original battle site. although for luffy vs natsu I never claimed that NAtsu was a smart fghter but a skilled fighter their is a difference. Luffy is the same, a 'skilled' fighter, I do believe that their the same in that regards but base on what I've read on the manga of both series I have to say that Natsu has the edge of being more better as a skilled fighter.

he doesn't just relly on his powers but incorperates it in his fightes augmenting them in a way chaining them in a way. while luffy is the same he usaully takes a brief pause after each attacks before going to another( at least when incorperating his DF attacks) while Natsu has a somewhat smoother transistion to it, at least it seems like it to me so I'll admit if I'm wrong there. pluse I ment that it'll be Natsu's fire damage that'll will cause the most damage to luffy not his physical ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back