• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse: Noble Phantasm Revisions Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, of course, anything that helps

Cool. Sorry for the late response.

It's about this calc. Specifically digging out the Missippi River in one blow. (I know I've brought this up before, but it might yield some good results).

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:DemonGodMitchAubin/Fate_Series:_Paul_Bunyan_Feats

It doesn't actually use the total volume of the Mississippi River, far from it.

According the US National Park Service, 16,792 meters^3 refers to the amount of water poured into the Gulf of Mexico per second (https://www.nps.gov/miss/riverfacts... Mississippi,7,380,765 cubic feet) per second), not the total volume of the river.

The river itself has a total length of over 2300 miles. (https://www.nps.gov/miss/riverfacts.htm#:~:text=The%20US%20Geologic%20Survey%20has,river's%20length%20is%202%2C350%20miles.)

The river varies in width from 20 - 30 feet at its narrowest to 11 miles at its widest.
(https://www.nps.gov/miss/riverfacts.htm#:~:text=Width,is wider than 11 miles.)

The watershed size is estimated to have an area of around 3.2 million km^2 (though, I don't how relevant to the calc that is). (https://www.nps.gov/miss/riverfacts...er drains an,of the continental United States.)

I don't know what the actual volume of water is, but it is significantly higher than what the calc uses.

And yes, the NPS uses metric for volume and imperial for distances in this article (except they used metric for the lengths of rivers from other countries, so I don't know what's going on here).

(And I'm too lazy to convert everything into metric, so for everyone from not-America, deal with it. Same thing vice-versa).

Oh yeah, wasn't there something about Vasavi Shakti being able to "scorch the world?" If that's the case, going by Ifrit from Final Fantasy, "scorching the world" is High 6-A. (Granted, Final Fantasy (except maybe 7 and 8) is pretty outdated as a whole, but it could be a nice start).

Oh yeah, wasn't there something about Vasavi Shakti being able to "scorch the world?" If that's the case, going by Ifrit from Final Fantasy, "scorching the world" is High 6-A. (Granted, Final Fantasy (except maybe 7 and 8) is pretty outdated as a whole, but it could be a nice start).
people like their Tier 2 Servant Vasavi Shakti

Not for sure if this is calc'able. But Fafnir was going to blow away the whole Oreleans region, and Siegfried was going to Cancel it out with his Noble Phantasm.

pQLWxkh.jpg

Looking at Fafnir's Tier, he's 6-A, but that's based on destroying Rome, which we agreed was only the city, right? In that case, that calc has to be remake to have a new thing to scale the other 6-As to.

well it maybe possible to calc Fafnir "blowing away" the Orléans region of france which you can look up on wikipedia. It would scale to Siegfrieds NP. he planned on cancelling it out, and he has memories of when he fought fafnir so he should know how to handle the dragon. I think its pretty reliable.

Not for sure how it would get calc'ed though, and we should probably disucuss how it scales after the calc i guess and we discuss the other calcs more?

Typing fast. been sick

Was it actually agreed that it was only the city? Dargoo said that in Mitch's version, but then Mitch said others said context made it likely to be all of Rome, then someone else in the comments tried to post more proof it was likely all of Rome, and the version on the profiles.

In any case, you can just scale dragons to whatever their country destruction is rated, then Balmung is obviously superior to that since it equals Fafnir who is above normal dragons. And no, before its mentioned, there's no reason to assume it only won cause Fafnir's a dragon. Balmung, Gram, etc, are all said to be more damaging to dragons, i.e, do more damage to them, this shouldn't be assumed to also magically mean "has some unmentioned innate bonus in beam struggles"

Anyway, since I've argued against rank and designation scaling long enough, I'll say this. Based on showings in the verse and scaling, outside of the obvious exceptions, most NPs tend to end up in a relative range of eachother, and even using the rank scaling, unless you disregard those examples, all NPs would end up scaling to eachother.

The absolute most that I feel you can say, is that lower ranked NPs would scale below higher ones by some unquantifable amount (i.e they'd end up in the same tier, just weaker ig), but even this isn't consistent.

To pick a calc to scale from, I'd probably say the Laputa one is the easiest to scale from, and if not that then maybe the Ishtar one.

In either case, I can tell there'll definitely end up being another thread on servant base stats after this is done and a value is picked since almost all of them are too high for a servant that isn't instantly obliterated from an NP to be low 7-B.

The absolute most that I feel you can say, is that lower ranked NPs would scale below higher ones by some unquantifable amount (i.e they'd end up in the same tier, just weaker ig), but even this isn't consistent

In either case, I can tell there'll definitely end up being another thread on servant base stats after this is done and a value is picked since almost all of them are too high for a servant that isn't instantly obliterated from an NP to be low 7-B.
Every NP and Servant to 2-A, got it.

well it maybe possible to calc Fafnir "blowing away" the Orléans region of france which you can look up on wikipedia. It would scale to Siegfrieds NP. he planned on cancelling it out, and he has memories of when he fought fafnir so he should know how to handle the dragon. I think its pretty reliable.
Yeah, this could serve as a new scaling Fafnir and those scale to him, but I'm a not a calc man, so would need someone else.

Noble phantasm of santa karna is apparently FTL

NP:
繰り出されるそのパンチの最高速度は光速を超え、
相対したものは閃光のような拳の軌跡のみを目にする……かもしれない。
それは迷いなき剣閃にも似て、
すなわち彼の拳はまさしく抜き身の刃の如し。
「故にこそ、今のオレはセイバーなのだろう」
食堂で朗々と語るサンタ。
その後ろでチキンを食べていたアシュヴァッターマンは終始「?」顔である。

The maximum speed of the punch that is delivered exceeds the speed of light,
The opposite may only see the fist trail like a flash of light ...
It's like a sword flash without hesitation,
That is, his fist is just like a blade.
"That's why I'm Saber now."
Santa speaks cheerfully in the cafeteria.
Ashwatthama, who was eating chicken behind him, has a "?" Face from beginning to end.

LOL at Asvatthaman being confused at this. Anyhow, why do bring up that quote? What even scales to Santa Karna's NP speed?

Thats not his NP, that's the description of his second skill, his normal hits are that speed

Because of course
(FTL Servants, here we come)!

Doesn't Altera's Teardrop Photon Ray redirect a laser beam shot by Mars from Mars at her opponent? If so, then shouldn't she have at least FTL attack speed with it?

(Keep in mind, these are rough calculations, mostly because I'm lazy).

Using this video, I decided on two timeframes, 22 seconds, roughly the entire video (which is very wrong and a massive lowball since she doesn't start the attack right away), and 2 seconds, the time she stated it would take before firing (which is probably too short since the beam probably started when the energy structure thing she made with her sword was created).

I also decided on two ends for distances, the minimum distance between the Moon and Mars, and the maximum distance between the Moon and Mars.

(They're in the Moon Cell which is why I'm using the Moon instead of the Earth).

I couldn't find the minimum distance between the Moon and Mars, so I found the minimum distance between the Earth and Mars and then subtracted the maximum distance between the Earth and the Moon.

The minimum distance between the Earth and Mars is 54.6 million kilometers. The maximum distance between the Earth and the Moon is 405,696 kilometers.

The (very) low-low end.

54,600,000 - 405,696 = 54,194,304 kilometers

54,194,304 * 1000 = 54,194,304,000 meters

54,194,304,000 meters / 22 seconds = 2,463,377,454.5454545 meters/second

The speed of light is 299,792,458 meters/second.

2,463,377,454.5454545 meters/second / 299,792,458 meters/second = 8.216942717569815 c, FTL

The high-low end

54,194,304,000 meters / 2 seconds = 27,097,152,000 meters/second

27,097,152,000 meters/second / 299,792,458 meters/second = 90.38636989326797 c, FTL+

I once again could not find the maximum distance between the Moon and Mars, so I found the maximum distance between the Earth and Mars, the diameter of the Earth, and the maximum distance between the Earth and the Moon and added them together. (I'm going for the maximum, maximum here).

The maximum distance between the Earth and Mars is about 401 million kilometers. The diameter of the Earth is 12,742 kilometers. The maximum distance between the Earth and the Moon is 405,696 kilometers.

The low-high end.

401,000,000 + 12,742 + 405,696 = 401,418,438 kilometers

401,418,438 kilometers * 1000 = 401,418,438,000 meters

401,418,438,000 meters / 22 seconds = 18,246,292,636.363636 meters/second

The speed of light is 299,792,458 meters/second.

18,246,292,636.363636 meters/second / 299,792,458 meters/second = 60.863080939693404 c, FTL+

The (very) high-high end.

401,418,438,000 meters / 2 seconds = 200,709,219,000 meters/second

200,709,219,000 meters/second / 299,792,458 meters/second = 669.4938903366275 c, MFTL

This is all hinged on the idea that the beam travels from the planet Mars to the Moon. (Now someone's going to tell me it doesn't, and I've wasted a lot of time).

I don't believe it's ever stated that its shot from Mars, unless I missed a part of Extella that says it, afaik its just said that its fired from "the distant skys above" and referred to as an orbiting satellite laser attack

I would like to help, but everything about Fate Grand Order is unknown to me

Want to know why is zero musashi 7-B when in her feat description it's litteraly tell that she have a statement of destroying an island?

Her tier contradict the end of her description

the melting a province is guesswork without further context. We don't know how far down (The depth) the melting happened, and we have to know the size/area affected.

the melting a province is guesswork without further context. We don't know how far down (The depth) the melting happened, and we have to know the size/area affected.
Muramasa have tell that the entire province was destroyed not just some part he repeat after that it's completely gone

Doesn't this was becauqe the island was tell to have several km? Don't we have a calc for island destroying feat like we do for mountain feat(like the one used for heracles feat)
It hasn't statements, it was just small at showings, with no information on it as you can see if you check the Calc.

Aka you have to find a irl island from which your character can scale from in some way.

It's hard because LSirLancelotDuLacl said he was going to go over everything and fix it, but he hasn't been on the site at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back