• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse: Noble Phantasm Revisions Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
That internal attack thing doesn't change the fact that there's an inconsistency, though.
Not necessarily, Zabaniya is basically grasp a heart and the servants die because of it, you can say that it's a curse and not the real heart, but the durability of it it's the same and work the same way as if the real heart was damaged, so a internal damage so great wouldn't be strange if killed Heracles so many times.

Hektor kills Herc 1 time with an A-Rank Np while a Buffed Caliburn can kill Herc 7 times over, As Rank A+. That's a comparison of power isn't it? Is that a 6x difference?

I have the scans if needed. not idea if this is usable though for anything though..
Again I don't believe he killed him with the spear throw, his life was lost because of Chaldea killing him once, then the Hector thing happens after, and Asterios just cast both of them into the ocean so that Chaldea can escape, I don't remember Herc ever dying to it there.

Nuh uh, that's not how it works, the burden of proof is on you to prove that A Rank NP's are comparable to A+ Rank NP's, the higher Rank means a lot as A++ are far stronger than A+ NP's

Higher Rank = More Power

So you need to provide evidence as to why A Rank is the same level of power as A+ Rank
Incorrect, it'd be on you because I'm not the one making the claim, you're making the claim that they are absurdly strong in comparison, and that's what needs to be proven. As shown earlier and recently by a few others, higher rank doesn't equate to huge power differences always, for any rank differences, let alone one in the same letter grade.

Bellerophon is 2.8 teratons, so Saber Alter basically took 280 gigatons of AP and was severely injured from it. That's consistent with 6-C base Servants, and way more consistent than taking a full A+ Rank twice. Sure, it happened twice, but it's inconsistent with other feats of NPs nuking or severely wounding Servants, and even the established fact that NPs are basically special moves that are far above what a Servant can normally do.
Its not really inconsistent with them dying to NPs. All of your examples thus far besides the Saber being wounded one, have relied on Herc, who, as I said above, has an absurdly inconsistent defense, so you can't exactly use it to say other things are inconsistent because he dies to it and Nero doesn't die to something. The Saber example is closer to proving its an inconsistency, but she did in fact survive it after the clash (the light isn't exactly all the power of the NP anyway, it's the literal Pegasus charging you that does a good bit of the damage, so even offsetting the light doesn't make it super weak but meh), which further shows that Herc dying 7 times to an internal attack doesn't exactly make for the best benchmark of things.

So you have Nero surviving Galatine twice, making it consistent with itself.

Vs Herc's inconsistent defense, that doesn't protect his insides, not protecting him from Caliburn, and, more reasonably, Saber being wounded by Bellerophon after the clash, in which the Pegasus still smacks into her.

So even being generous, that's 2 super early examples going against 2 more recent examples, and as said above, the more recent ones are typically used anyway, and it's only 2 against it if we use Herc as a benchmark for whats consistent even with his inconsistent showings, and ignore the fact his insides aren't protected.

So no, that doesn't really prove the Nero thing is inconsistent.

question what would the durability rating be for those who have special armor that reduces the AP of NP's like Armor of fafnir? and doens't mordreds armor do something?

I honestly also think there aren't a great difference between each Rank of NP, or at least not one as big as one could think, because there are various time "weakers" servants survive strongs NP and weakers servants equaling strongs NP, so I think should be decided the tier of each servant case by case, but I understand the problematic of that and how much work would be, so I'm fine with using something like Bunya to scale the things in general, later could be talked exceptions to that and so.

I feel like if NPs have their own feats and such without to much contradictions they should scale to those for the most part.

What we are deciding should serve as a baseline for NP levels.

It is of note that Berserker's instincts told him that he should have more than five extra lives, in case Saber has enough energy to use Excalibur:
The giant silently objects.
It is his instinct.
Berserker has an intuition like Saber's when it comes to fighting.

The enemies can certainly be mowed away easily.
But it will be a different story if Servant Saber has recovered enough to use her Noble Phantasm.
Berserker will not yield to a mere holy sword, but there is a small chance.
His instinct tells him that if he is to fight that Servant, he should engage her in perfect condition.

"...What? Five should be enough, right? They are no match for you even without the God Hand.
Or what? Are you going to let them go after they made fun of me so much?"

And after Berserker blocked the weakened Excalibur (which Illya in Tiger Dojo said wasn't sure would be enough to take even two lives), Illya said:
"Fufu, it must have been disappointing for you too, Berserker.
If Saber's magical energy had been full, you would have been able to die!"
Berserker at this point had six lives left, since EMIYA managed to kill him six times. So full powered Excalibur from the outside would be able to take six of Berserker's lives.

Overloaded Caliburn (which is stated to have the same firepower as Excalibur at the cost of shattering), delivering an internal attack doesn't matter. Rin blew up Berserker's head with four jewels, and it was only counted as one life lost, because the attack only had the Magical Energy required take one life.

Anyways for the scaling of rank A/rank A++

Bunyan was able to take teardrop which is a A++ NP with is own NP which is rank A

And we have many NP that are actually stronger in the lower rank (in lore) like Kingprotea which is only rank E but allow to use use stop her restriction etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back