• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Discussion Board 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

KamiYasha

VS Battles
Retired
Thread number four (previous thread). As usual let's keep up the good work folks. As before, this is a board to discuss anything Nasuverse related. However, please refrain from discussing real-world mythology on this thread, as it tends to derail it.

They actually skipped Achilles and Shirou Kotomine sparring in favour of Sieg and Jeanne Slice of Life. The Apocrypha anime is officially dead to me if they don't do Achilles' and Chiron's aerial fight justice.

@Ram

They have a limited run time, unfortunately, so some cool things have to be cut.

I know, even if I ignore the fights this is very rushed. Revealing Laeticia's out-of-nowhere feelings for Sieg... well, out-of-nowhere, makes the Jeanne and Sieg dynamic even more confusing and random, because the anime didn't even explain that Laeticia is a thing until last episode. Them cutting Sieg and Jeanne's romcom is nice but that will make the ending even more weird. They should have either gone full on crappy romance with Sieg and Jeanne or just cut it out for more characterization for the others like Atalanta or actually done some character development with Sieg. Cutting their romance while actually building up his character to not be as boring as cardboard would be great.

But this is probably salt from them cutting the untranslated parts of vol 3 out entirely. If they rush Achilles and Karna's fights, this anime will be as dead to me as the Tsukihime anime that doesn't exist.

HEhehehh.

Shit looks like the original source is a lot better than i thought this would out of here lol.

Has anyone watched Heaven's Feel yet? It's been getting rave reviews (though it might still be in JP theaters so...)

I do like it's take on the OST "Agnus Die", probably my second favorite interpretation of the song.

Strange Fake is my 3nd favorite Fate Series currently. Enkidu and Gil is hype af and the others are also really cool, especially Mr "I can Excaliblast with anything" or Alcides and Hippolyta. I'm planning on making profiles for them but they need to showcase more stuff and I need the Strange Fake materials before I can make accurate profiles.

Strange Fake is pretty interesting with the proper intro or whatever of Enkidu appearing in the verse.

As for what i like? In very short answer, FSN and FGO are pretty up there if not at the top of what i like out of the series albeit i still have to go through getting to know the others like Zero and Apocrypha (ME: Likes Atalanta).

F/SN UBW would be my favourite but

Shirou: These are all imitations. As you say, these are all trifling swords. But there is no rule that says an imitation cannot defeat the original. If you say you are the original, I will surpass every one of your weapons and destroy your existence. Here I come, King of Heroes! Do you have enough swords in stock?

^Like who the **** do you think you are?!?! Plot armor can go **** itself. Gil didn't even need to hesitate in pulling out EA. Use Merodach. Drop a submarine on him. Literally spit some gold bars. Like **** xD

I don't dislike Sieg, but I don't like him all that much either.

His one real goal is "save the homunculi", and once he's accomplished that he's just sort of there. He's too flat to feel human. Granted, he's just learning about emotions recently, but it still hurts the narrative.

On the topic of Strange Fake I find Narita is breaking the setting a bit with Alcides and a few others. I mean I don't hate the change but having loads of NPs was always Gil's thing and then Reincarnation Pandora is really hard to tie back to Alcides' lore even if it was made by his distortion. All the fanbase wanted was OG Archer Heracles(which we got for like a min until Bazdickhead fcked up Herc and made him Avenger/Archer edgelord 9000) but sadly once again Herc gets the short end of the stick.

SF still has some cool things like Hippolyta, Richard, Hansa and Gil/Enkidu stuff. Hoping for a re-enactment of legends with Gil and Enkidu facing off against Fillia-Ishtar and Gugalanna.

Edit: I also finally rolled Katou minutes before the gacha closed :')

Thanks and Nah, once you clear Salomon chapter you unlock the EoR singularities and can play any of them and unlike the previous story singularities where you had to beat one to unlock the other you can start Shimosa before doing Agartha.

Oh for sure. Sieg is just outright zzzzzz

On that note.. imagine if Sieg witnessed what Gil did to those two homunclus before that heracles roflstomp

@BANLK

I don't think Fate/Apocrypha is that bad, the protagonist just feels rather aimless after a while.

Strange/Fake suffers from a bit of the same given how it's constantly jumping between viewpoints and everyone's motivations are different. Gil is only interesting in duking it out with Enkidu. No Name Assassin wants to kill everyone and destroy the Holy Grail since she feels that it's an affront to her religion. Richard is doing... whatever he does.

Flat is a freaking tourist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back